• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Nabokov injured

Rate this topic

Just got done watching the Sharks/Blues game. The game went into a shootout, and on the final Blues shot, Evgeni Nabokov kicked out the left pad trying to make a save; the shot went wide and the game was over, and Nabokov remained stretched out on the ice. I thought he was just laying in relief because of the win, but as the Sharks came out to celebrate, he remained on the ice so long that the players were calling for the trainers. He was helped off the ice while putting zero weight on his leg. Looks like we'll be seeing Brian Boucher start for the Sharks for the near future, depending on the severity of Nabokov's injury.

Edited by Hockeytown0001

boucher is 2-0 with a couple of road shutouts this year...obviously over the long-haul he's not as good as nabakov, but it's not as we're talking about a massive downgrade here...he's been off and on throughout his career but has been excellent in limited playing time over the last couple of years.

Not suprising, the San Jose Mercury News Sharks page only has 1 story on the Sharks and all the info on Nabokov was that he "left after he appeared to have twisted his knee." Not ragging on the good fans that they have, but that's another reason to be thankful we live in an actual hockey market.

Its the Sharks. Many on here were bitching about how Nabokov "doesn't face a lot of hard shots...hes not that great, hes just got it easy." (Sound familiar?) They're like the Wings - they don't depend on elite goaltending to pull out win. They should be fine with Boucher. The only thing I question is Brian's ability to play a lot of games in succession. Hes an awesome goalie when hes on his game, but theres a reason hes never been a #1 in his career - and thats because he can't hold the spot down long-term.

With that said, this is why I love Ken Holland's goaltending philosophy. If you have a decent team, theres no reason to have an all-star goalie. Instead going with two good goalies - Osgood and Conklin in this case - is just as good and leaves you with more bases covered in situations like this with the Sharks and Nabokov.

Tough break for the Sharks. While part of me wants to hope it's not too bad, the other part hopes he's out for a while.

Actually, who am I kidding, I hope he's out for several months.

Why, exactly? How's that going to help you? It's not like it's going to be some HUGE advantage, so why are you wishing ill for a guy's career? Don't you want the Wings to beat the best, or do you want them to win because all the good players were injured? Why don't we just drop down to the AHL so we can win every game to inferior competition. You're a moron.

Boucher is amazingly inconsistent. Can steal a game or totally give it away on any given day.

If you asked the average hockey fan who didn't know Boucher how much do you think the goaltender who currently holds the modern NHL record for consecutive shutouts is making, I bet they wouldn't guess only $650,000.

Looks like a MCL sprain. My guess is he will be out 3-4 weeks. We'll see in the morning... you heard it here first! Now lets see if I am right!

hope so!! something was gonna end that hot streak of theirs

Luongo's next!

better not be this week he has been the savior for my fantasy team since i have 5 wings , i had to win the tender battle, still winning on goals, gwgs, shps and all goalie stats, also pims so im coming away great for a week in which the wings will only play 1 game.