• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingAbner

Strachan: Detroit may lose team

Rate this topic

I was watching this, and what the hell? Detroit has what... The third richest team in the NHL, mix that with the fact that they're an original 6. Strachan's an idiot.

What they are saying is that if GM closes, a lot of people will lose their jobs, therefore they can't come to the games, therefore there will be more empty seats in the JLA, therefore the Ilitch family has to take it to another place where people can afford to the games.

So guys, when you are looking for your next car, buy American! :colorbounce:

I'll buy American when the American cars are as good or better than the foreign cars :cool:

What they are saying is that if GM closes, a lot of people will lose their jobs, therefore they can't come to the games, therefore there will be more empty seats in the JLA, therefore the Ilitch family has to take it to another place where people can afford to the games.

What they should do is move the new arena out to Troy or a similar suburb.

Somebody should let him know that our owner also owns Little Caesars, one of the few businesses likely to actually benefit from this recession.

Right now little Caesar's must be kicking ass, my Dad works as the voice on all of their Grand Opening commercials and he has been getting alot of spots.

I'll buy American when the American cars are as good or better than the foreign cars :cool:

Thats a very good point. A lot of people tend to blame a number of factors on the downfall of Detroit, such as foreign competition or the UAW. It is true those factors have a serious effect.

But I think the biggest reason Detroit's automakers have struggled is this perception that American cars are inferior. 60% of new car buyers automatically think Detroit's cars are inferior to Japanese/South Korean imports. In the past, this claim was probably true, but Detroit's cars have pulled even with everyone as far as quality. The problem now is convincing people. Freep.com has a great article on this, check it out -

http://www.freep.com/article/20081109/BUSI...1/1002/BUSINESS

Before anyone thinks I work for these companies, I'll stop you right there. I'm actually a third-year law student who goes to school in Detroit. I want so much for these companies to succeed. I really hope the perception changes. I think cars like the Volt will go a long way to change the image of Detroit's cars. Look at Ford, for example, their quality now is equal with Toyota. They just have to get in the minds of American car buyers.

What they should do is move the new arena out to Troy or a similar suburb.

I seriously doubt they move the arena out to a burb. The Palace is the last one you'll see out in a burb. I think Illitch already has land picked out for the new arena over by Fox Theatre across I-75, I just think they're holding off to wait for the economy to rebound.

strachan is a very stupid man, he gets in s*** all the time for saying things like this.

and moving the team to a suburb is horrible, ask anyone in ottawa how much they like driving almost an hour each way to watch the sens play.

Edited by 12Newf

As someone else noted, Detroit is already poor. Most of the fans come from non-GM dominated areas. Isn't it grand that as Michigan is falling apart, Granholm is appointed co-head of Obama's economic transition team? We're in good hands, folks. :|

Did anyone catch Hotstove where Al Strachan said if GM goes bankrupt, the Red Wings are done? I believe it was Ron McLean who then said (jokingly) that they could go to Kitchener. Thoughts?

Talk about taking things out of context! That is not what he said. It was more like "there's a ronour that if GM went out of business that the Wings wouldn't last a year because Detroit would be a ghost town"

Did you also work for the Obama campaign?

As someone else noted, Detroit is already poor. Most of the fans come from non-GM dominated areas. Isn't it grand that as Michigan is falling apart, Granholm is appointed co-head of Obama's economic transition team? We're in good hands, folks. :|
Tell me about it.

This guy means that company that employees Americans down in Tennessee at their plants and HQ which happens to be a state of the art energy saving building aka"Green".