• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dominator2005

Detroit MIGHT be interested in Lehtonen

Rate this topic

OTTAWA SUN: Bruce Garrioch reports the following:

- "Many NHL observers think Atlanta GM Don Waddell wants to deal one of his surplus goaltenders in an attempt to kickstart his floundering team." Garrioch suggests Kari Lehtonen could be shopped, with the Senators, Kings, Oilers, Red Wings and Flyers as the teams which could make inquiries.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: With his club having reeled off three straight victories this past week and currently still well within striking distance of a playoff berth, and their first line of Slava Kozlov, Todd White and Bryan Little leading them offensively,I doubt Waddell is planning to do any "kickstarting" just yet. True, at some point they'll have to make decision on one of their goalies but I suspect Waddell isn't in any hurry to do so at this time.

http://spectorshockey.net/index.php?option...8&Itemid=55

ha!!! Why would Detroit be interested?? This is way off base!!

They are probably only suggesting this because of the relationship between Holland and Waddell.

Considering Ozzie still has some time left, Conkblock is still young, and there's Howard/McCollum/Larsson in the pipeline, there's way too much talent. I'd say goaltending is one area Detroit has absolutely no concerns.

I don't see why the idea of looking at another goalie is a ridiculous notion. Osgood is nearing the end and Conklin is a 32-year old journeyman and little more than a short-term stopgap...Howard will continue to get opportunities, but has failed to win a roster spot the past four years and is approaching sink-or-swim time. Larsson and McCollum look pretty good from what I've seen, but then again so did Stefan Liv.

I see Lehtonen as overrated, injury-prone, and probably vastly overpayed come next season, not someone I would be overjoyed to acquire....then again, he might be another Kiprusoff, lots of hidden potential just waiting to develop confidence. If the Wings were to offer up Howard in a package and go after a Jaroslav Halak or Steve Mason-type, I would understand.