• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I Red Wings I

11/11 GDT: Penguins 7, Red Wings 6 (OT)

Rate this topic

So pumped for this game, first time the Wings have been live on TV this season and it's also on HD which makes it all the better. :thumbup:

I'm desperately hoping for a good showing; hopefully Hossa can cause some havoc and Filppula can get a goal.

Guest mindfly

Franzén is back? if so wings win 4-3, maybe it will go to shootout and it's 50/50.

Gah.. what is cleary doing?

"Dan Cleary didn't practice Monday, needing a personal day, coach Mike Babcock said. Babcock said Cleary isn't injured but wasn't certain if he would play tonight"

Edited by mindfly

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Mark-Spizzi...eturns/77/17796

Despite the stakes not being quite as high, it appears Tuesday night's game vs. the Penguins is one the Wings have been anticipating for quite awhile, according to the Free Press' Helene St. James:

Most of the Wings I spoke to today said they were excited to play the Penguins on Tuesday. The Wings beat Pittsburgh in the Stanley Cup finals, and then signed former Penguins Marian Hossa.

“We had a good battle last year, and it’s the first game now, so it’s going to be fun,” Henrik Zetterberg said. “It’s a good team, and I think both of us want to win a little extra. It was a great final."

Hossa joined the Wings in July after spurning an offer from the Penguins.

"I didn't really know until the last two weeks, when I check the schedule," Hossa said. "There are lots of people I know there, a couple of good friends, so it's going to be real interesting."

Johan Franzen, who has been out with a sprained knee, said he expects to play. Mike Babcock said the decision won't be made until tomorrow, but Franzen sure sounded like he expects to play.

Dan Cleary wasn't at practice -- Babcock said it was a personal day, and that Cleary was not injured -- and Babcock said "we'll decide tomorrow morning on both those guys."

If both play, the lines would look like this:

Holmstrom-Datsyuk-Hossa

Franzen-Zetterberg-Filppula

Cleary-Draper-Samuelsson

Hudler-Kopecky-Maltby

On defense:

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Lilja-Meech

Chris Osgood is starting in goal.

It's good to know the players are a little extra fired up for this one for their own reasons. It should be a great game. I'm very excited for it!

If both play, the lines would look like this:

Holmstrom-Datsyuk-Hossa

Franzen-Zetterberg-Filppula

Cleary-Draper-Samuelsson

Hudler-Kopecky-Maltby

On defense:

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Lilja-Meech

Chris Osgood is starting in goal.

Samuelsson on the third line?! Has Babcock FINALLY come to his senses? :P

Booo!!! start conklin so he can pitch a shutout, and make the pens feel even worse.

Prediction: Someone puts a questionable hit on Hossa, and Mac fights again. We win with 2 PP goals, and an EN goal. 3-1. Holmstrom, Hudler, Z with the ENG, and Talbot for the birds.