• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Datsyerberger

The Pittsburgh Penguins...

Rate this topic

the best part of the whole game: Doc Emmerick saying how they cut to commercial and we didn't get to see Crosby talking to the officials for a good 5 minutes nonstop. I said to myself, 5on3? Sure enough, uncle Gary calls in a favor and Franzen gets called for a push.. I mean a terrible hold. the Pens are the best team in the league and have been for a long time now and they will be for what seems like forever and they are a dynasty despite not winning anything, which is simply a technicality. Wish our defense didn't decide not to play the third period.

as far as I am concerned they can continue calling pens a dynasty and crown crosby as the second coming of Christ as long as wings keep winning cups... I'd take a cup over hype anytime... btw Fedotenko had the game winning goal to clinch the cup for the Lightning a few years ago :scared:

as far as I am concerned they can continue calling pens a dynasty and crown crosby as the second coming of Christ as long as wings keep winning cups... I'd take a cup over hype anytime... btw Fedotenko had the game winning goal to clinch the cup for the Lightning a few years ago :scared:

Speaking of which, I was reading during the game that he should hand his salary back to the Pens because he was worthless. And people think the people at LGW overreact?

Speaking of which, I was reading during the game that he should hand his salary back to the Pens because he was worthless. And people think the people at LGW overreact?

true that... it hasn't been that many games to say someone is worthless I imagine. too early. Fedotenko is streaky, but tends to score when it matters...

What Gretzky said about building a "Modern Dynasty" is that teams tie up young talent for years so they can build a team around them. He did mention the Pens because they Have Crosby for life. He continued to say that they made it to the SCF and he can see them doing it consistently and a possible Cup title in the future. SO he said yes I can see it being possible for a team to build a "Modern Dynasty".

Im boycotting Versus, this jocking will continue no matter what, we can win the cup every year for the next 20 seasons the jocking of some other team with some young North American poster boy will continue.

Im boycotting Versus, this jocking will continue no matter what, we can win the cup every year for the next 20 seasons the jocking of some other team with some young North American poster boy will continue.

I doubt it. Next time the Wings come on Versus you'll be right in front of the TV like everybody else on here.

Guest Shoreline

Better idea -- move to Canada. The same s*** happened with ESPN and now with OLN/Versus. You're not going to avoid it. American broadcasts (particularly the nationalized ones with the same people who came from ESPN) suck ass. (okay, so maybe that was a general rant rather than directly addressing your point)

Someone just mentioned the real problem, which isn't the Penguins board, or the Versus broadcast (namely Doc) creaming their pants over Pittsburgh winning -- it's the fact that the Wings need to stop ******* choking and seal the deal at the end of the game. There's been a really bad trend of allowing last minute goals and that eventually wears on a team's psyche, as well as a fan's, rightfully. These are points the team is s***ting away that could affect their place in the standings come game 82.

Edited by Shoreline

Better idea -- move to Canada. The same s*** happened with ESPN and now with OLN/Versus. You're not going to avoid it. American broadcasts (particularly the nationalized ones with the same people who came from ESPN) suck ass. (okay, so maybe that was a general rant rather than directly addressing your point)

Someone just mentioned the real problem, which isn't the Penguins board, or the Versus broadcast (namely Doc) creaming their pants over Pittsburgh winning -- it's the fact that the Wings need to stop ******* choking and seal the deal at the end of the game. There's been a really bad trend of allowing last minute goals and that eventually wears on a team's psyche, as well as a fan's, rightfully. These are points the team is s***ting away that could affect their place in the standings come game 82.

Agree. I've tried to project my anger the last 12 hours on the NHL and Sidney Crosby spending every commercial break having a heart to heart with the ref until a 5on3 rears its ugly head, but at the end of the day, the game was 6-4 with 4 minutes left and the Wings pissed it away. Its bad enough the Pens are going to get every break possible because Bettman's niece plays for them and its bad enough we have to listen to the joke of a broadcast, but there is absolutely no excuse for losing that game last night, the blame falls squarely on the team in red and white.

Come on folks...you are generally reasonable and knowledgable hockey fans. Sitting in my Family Room watching the game last night, I almost threw up for the better part of the game over all the gushing they were doing over the Wings. You guys are a tremendous team, without question the most talented on paper and probably (with the exception of Osgood) on the ice, but to say that they were gushing over the Pens? Could there have been 2 feeds for the announcers? Everything that happened happened because the Wings WILLED it to be that way when things were going good, and when it got bad the Pens were getting lucky. It was painful to listen to. The only time it has been qworse was when we played the Flyers. Comcast owns both Vs. and Philth-a-delphia... now that's brutal.

I love my (and no I don't own them) Penguins, and I know that the only way to be the best is to beat the best, and last night that is what happened. The Pens faithful are hoping that we meet again in the Finals this year, but until then it's a grind.

I doubt it. Next time the Wings come on Versus you'll be right in front of the TV like everybody else on here.

Its true i will watch <_<, but im not watching the biased intermission coverage!

I live in Canada (Windsor Ontario) but i have american satellite. Let these versus commentators live it up from this win, we got the cup, pens wont get past the 2nd round and the Wings have a good chance to repeat once we get off this hangover from then on its going to be bitter broadcasting from the plebs on versus.

I was playing a drinking game with my firends... everytime the VS. boys said 'Crosby' we had to drink. Needless to say we had to make another beer run during the first commercial break of the game.

This Crosby man-loving is disproportionate to his actual accomplishments. Then they show Zetterburg as if to compensate for 'the other team' on the ice. Sometimes they even allowed Zetts to share a split-screen with Jesus Crosby just to prove how humble THE NEXT ONE really is.

(cough I remember the Lindros Epic Fail cough cough)

Guest Four
Come on folks...you are generally reasonable and knowledgable hockey fans. Sitting in my Family Room watching the game last night, I almost threw up for the better part of the game over all the gushing they were doing over the Wings. You guys are a tremendous team, without question the most talented on paper and probably (with the exception of Osgood) on the ice, but to say that they were gushing over the Pens? Could there have been 2 feeds for the announcers? Everything that happened happened because the Wings WILLED it to be that way when things were going good, and when it got bad the Pens were getting lucky. It was painful to listen to. The only time it has been qworse was when we played the Flyers. Comcast owns both Vs. and Philth-a-delphia... now that's brutal.

I love my (and no I don't own them) Penguins, and I know that the only way to be the best is to beat the best, and last night that is what happened. The Pens faithful are hoping that we meet again in the Finals this year, but until then it's a grind.

Uhm.. what?!.. Were you watching VERSUS?

On a side note, Osgood was one of our better players last night - hard to believe? I know. Shows how poorly our defense played.

Die hard fans of every team, I don't care what team you root for, will reach deep into the cookie jar to figure out reasons how their team isn't getting respect, they are biased against my team, they are sucking up to the other team, etc. etc. I will guarantee you that Pitt fans were probably thinking that VS annoucers were giving the Wings too much credit and stuff. And it'll happen in the next national broadcast on VS or NBC, and the one after that, and so on, and so forth, regardless of the teams playing. Which is a major reason why I don't put much emphasis on what broadcasters say and just watch the game.