• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heaton

Burke out as Ducks' GM

Rate this topic

There has to be something more to this. The Ducks a month or so ago were talking mulit-year extension for Burke.

I wouldn't be surprised if he resigned in order to start official talks with Toronto. Everyone and their brother knows the Fletcher wants Burke for the job, and Burke wants the job...

There has to be something more to this. The Ducks a month or so ago were talking mulit-year extension for Burke.

I wouldn't be surprised if he resigned in order to start official talks with Toronto. Everyone and their brother knows the Fletcher wants Burke for the job, and Burke wants the job...

Burke said not that long ago that he would make up his mind whether he would stay in Anaheim or not and that decision would come by Christmas. Clearly, that decision was made quicker than expected.

Burke tried to leave the Ducks in June but was told he had to honour the final year of his contract by Bettman because Gary wanted to stop the hiring of executives who were still employed by other teams.

Edited by MacK_Attack

edicius is gonna cream himself! Nelson laughing at Burke is anything and everything this thread needs.

Very wise move by the Ducks' brass considering Burke's potential motives as this season unfolds...especially the deadline.

That's going on the assumption that the Ducks forced Burke out, which hasn't been substantiated.

That's going on the assumption that the Ducks forced Burke out, which hasn't been substantiated.

Clearly....but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised given all the rumors surrounding Burke this past year. I'd be very willing to bet the powers above knew what was likely coming as the season unfolded had Burke remained in power.