• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
OsGOD

11/13 GDT: Red Wings 4, Lightning 3

Rate this topic

i dont think people are saying there arent defensive struggles, but it seems many poeple think the wings are at the bottom of the league right now the way they talk

Sure, but it seems just as many people lack the ability to read and the concept of not blowing things out of proportion. None of us fans are jumping ship, nor are any of us saying we are "at the bottom of the league," we're simply commenting on the hockey we come to see. What is so hard to understand about that?

I've said it before, the only thing worse than complaining is complaining about complaining.

The same can be said for those who are overly optimistic.

Fact is, everyone needs to just shut up and stop playing police. We all need to let each other post as much negative or positive things as we want. And if you don't want that then forums like these aren't for you.

i can agree with that. i think LGW just needs two separate game day threads from now on :)

Damn, you both need to quit pretendig you're something God s*** out, and hop off your self-constructed thrones. We're all fans of the same team, and we're all loyal to said team, but fans want their team to win at all costs, and when "our" team is playing below average hockey, what else do you expect besides complaints? If you're going to lose sleep at night over the fact that someone might not be happy with the games they're seeing, please, continue jerking off to the thought of your oh-so-exclusive "loyalty."

Firstly, this is hockey - not football. No-one will ever have an undefeated season.

Secondly, saying your not watching anymore because you're team is down 2-0 after one period is nothing short of a tantrum.

It reminds me of when I took my little brother to his first football game a few years ago. Our team lost (they suck) and he said "I don't wanna go for the Bombers anymore, they always lose." He was six years old.

Apparently you haven't been around the boards enough lately...Any criticism is met with sanctimonious reprimands of no loyalty and bandwagonism - neither of which have anything to do with criticism.

That's about as succinctly as I've heard it put.

I'd put it in my signature, but am too damn lazy to change it. :P

Hey I'm as loyal as they come, I guess it's just we have so much passion for our team, we know they are better than this. But hey as I said to my husband let them have a bad begining, they need adversity. Maybe they can fly off everyone's radar again who knows what can happen then. It's better to have it now than later!

Edited by 96Homer

Sure, but it seems just as many people lack the ability to read and the concept of not blowing things out of proportion. None of us fans are jumping ship, nor are any of us saying we are "at the bottom of the league," we're simply commenting on the hockey we come to see. What is so hard to understand about that?

I've said it before, the only thing worse than complaining is complaining about complaining.

so you admit that complaining is the 2nd worst thing ever?

Edited by hulldatzet

Guest Crymson

Fact is, everyone needs to just shut up and stop playing police. We all need to let each other post as much negative or positive things as we want. And if you don't want that then forums like these aren't for you.

Given that we do not have any control over how the team plays, I do not understand this concept of "overly optimistic." It sounds pretty fishy.

Firstly, this is hockey - not football. No-one will ever have an undefeated season.

Secondly, saying your not watching anymore because you're team is down 2-0 after one period is nothing short of a tantrum.

It reminds me of when I took my little brother to his first football game a few years ago. Our team lost (they suck) and he said "I don't wanna go for the Bombers anymore, they always lose." He was six years old.

football football or soccer football?

I completely agree with you. That's why I used the pharses "lighten up" and "calm down" in my post. perhaps I worded it wrong but I was refering to people on both sides of whatever were doing right now.

Given that we do not have any control over how the team plays, I do not understand this concept of "overly optimistic." It sounds pretty fishy.

Because whether or not I'm optimistic or negative DOES have control on the outcome of the game? If I enjoy a critical viewing of the game, then thats my preference. And you can have yours.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

I reluctantly agree. They need to s*** or get off the pot. They need a good arse whooping until they are ready to play like the want it.

I realize there are two teams on the ice competing that want it every nite...and maybe they need to get kicked around a while so they can get fed up and get back on a mission. Being talented and skilled enough to play lackadasical and still eak out a win with flashes of brilliance here and there is not going to bring the Cup back to Detroit.

I hope they suffer for a while and get beaten to within an inch of their playoff life. Only then, will they uncover the will to dominate like we know they can.

Go Lightning!

football football or soccer football?

Australian football dude. Sorry, I'm not in the habit of calling it Australian footy lol. If it was soccer I'd have called it soccer. Coz that's what it is right? Not football!! :P

I completely agree with you. That's why I used the pharses "lighten up" and "calm down" in my post. perhaps I worded it wrong but I was refering to people on both sides of whatever were doing right now.

hmm sorry for jumping the gun, then.