• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
haroldsnepsts

Why I never want Sean Avery back in Detroit

Rate this topic

Usually there's some thread around here where people are clamoring for Avery and laugh at his antics.

The other night the Kings played the Stars and it went to a shootout. Ribeiro made a nice move and scored, then proceeded to take off his glove and go "shhh," taunting the Kings bench and fans. On the bench you could see he and Avery were so giddy they looked like they wanted to make out. (The Stars lost the game on the next goal, by the way). They're a match made in heaven. Diving, taunting, shooting off their mouth...

But that's not why I never want Avery back on the Wings. In spite of all the good qualities he has as a player, the guy is an ass and a lockerroom cancer.

From a recent article about Dustin Brown and what it was like coming to the Kings as a young, quiet player:

"I'm one of those people that once I'm comfortable and get to know a person, I open up," Brown said. "Hockey was the easy part, but fitting in socially with an older team was hard."

Add Sean Avery, who often selected Brown to ridicule. Brown has had a slight lisp since childhood. "I can talk without it," he said, "but I have to really think about it. When I try to think about it, I feel uncomfortable."

It was something that Brown said was unimportant, but Avery would mock his speech, among other things. The friction in the room resulted in fist fights, with other Kings players jumping in on Brown's side.

Class act. He mocks his own teammate to the point of it coming to blows. Deciding between Avery and Brown must've been an easy choice for the Kings.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey/nhl/k...8451,full.story

i hate that d-bag. definitely a class act, reading that about brown made me hate him even more. i wish someone would put him in his place, maybe a nice "hasek"-ing ala gaborik

Edited by j.hoop

I've never heard anyone argue that he isn't a piece of sh** as a human being. The debates usually center on his hockey, which is hard to separate from the person. But even in pure hockey terms, his cancerous presence in the dressing room makes him a net negative.

I do like villains, though, so I enjoy watching him embarrassing himself by turtling and dodging fights. Moments like when Hordichuk punched him into the ice make it all worthwhile!

my brother had a lisp when he was a child and I never spoke until i was three. we both had speech difficulties that we got over and we both speak fine now (I am 30 my bro is 35)

when i read about what avery did to brown i was shocked to say the least. Making fun of someone's speech impediment. what an ***hole.

well that and he defending Ott when Ott was going over the knees of Bruins during the Stars Bruins game of a while back. what douches.

as someone else said, f*** you, Sean.

Edited by Holmstrom96Screens

I’m not against a little ball busting between friends, but you gotta know when enough is enough

Yep. I'm all for being a smart allec and I use sarcasm a lot to enjoy things and make me and others laugh, but not at the expense of knowingly pissing others off or offending people. That's not right. :thumbdown: to Avery on this.

I’m not against a little ball busting between friends, but you gotta know when enough is enough

Exactly. f*** Sean Avery.

I could see that. He's just not good for the team.

Bingo. Bango. Bongo.

Wow, that is awful. I loved Avery when he was in Detroit, I met him and thought he was a stand-up guy. That said, he was clearly masking his a-hole tendencies. The guy is a pretty good hockey player, but IMO what he brings on the ice doesn't make up for the guy being a complete cancer in the locker room.

There's so much junk printed out there on Avery and his awful behavior.....I think he get's off on the attention it brings...good or bad....he is a very cruel rotten person....and I have never liked him and never want him back on our team....he truly is an embarrassment to hockey IMO. Just say NO to avery.....poor Dallas....and as for Brett Hull....If my memory is correct he is most famous for "f.....the fans" so he and avery are a match made in heaven.

One is going to be captain for a very long time. The other one wont be in the NHL very long if the Instigator rule gets taken out.

In a perfect world this would happen... and then Ott can follow in his footsteps.