• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BeeRYCE

Your 5 Favourite Non Red Wings?

Rate this topic

1. Joe Sakic- Classy,productive, reminds me of Stevie Y.

2. Shea Weber- Will be the best defensemen in the NHL when Nick retires.

3. Alexander Ovechkin- Love his desire.

4. Eric Staal- Big,fast and consistantly productive.

5. Marian Gaborik- Just plain fun to watch.

I like Weber, but did you forget about Phaneuf ?

1- Sakic like was mentioned hate the team but he has always been classy like stevie Y

2- Ovechkin - just love to watch this guy play

3- whoever knocks out pronger

4- whoever knocks ou corey perry

5- whoever knocks out tootoo

I like Weber, but did you forget about Phaneuf ?

Not going to speak for UP2HERE I certainly think Weber will be better than Phaneuf if he isn't already..... Phaneuf is a great talent but IMO he isn't the best young defenseman in the game, guys like Burns and Bouwmeester also will give Phaneuf a run for his money.....

/off topic

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

1) Phanuef: Love the way he plays. Can influence a game in so many ways

2) Ovechkin: Whats there not to like?

3) Mike Richards: Does it all, and saved us some trouble in the finals by rining Malkins bell

4) Chara: Huge, physical, all around good D + bad ass

5) Chris Neil: This guy can inspire anyone with his intensity

HM: All Former Wings (besides Williams :rolleyes: ) Lucic, Shea Weber, Arnott, Dustin Brown, Kopitar, Gary Roberts, Saku Koviu, Modano, Roenick, Zubov, Drury.

HM Recent Retiree: Ziggy Palfy

Hm Prospect: Drew Doughty. Kid's gonna be a star

In no order:

Ovechkin: I love his raw emotion. He's an extremely exciting player to watch, he's got a good attitude, and he's got amazing hands.

Fedorov: One of the most skilled players to ever play the game, IMO. He did a lot for the Red Wings, and he's still fun to watch (even more so since he joined Washington).

Sakic: He's the Avalanche clone of Stevie Y; even at his age he's still tremendously talented and a very respectable player.

Others include Malkin, Kovalev, Kovalchuk, Heatley, etc.

1.J.S. Giguere

2.Sean Avery

3.Alex Ovechkin/Rick Nash

4.(does it have to be nhl?) 2005/2006 Motor City Mechanic Players- my favorite are Adam Edinger and Billy Ruggiero

5. (can it be staff too- have a three way tie) Brett Hull/Scotty Bowman/Todd McLellan

There is more for favorite players, but these are top.

Edited by hokeychik22

1- Sakic like was mentioned hate the team but he has always been classy like stevie Y

2- Ovechkin - just love to watch this guy play

3- whoever knocks out pronger

4- whoever knocks ou corey perry

5- whoever knocks out tootoo

I agree with you on Pronger and tootoo, they are two of my non-favorite players. Can't stand the guys.

Off of the top of my head and in no particular order:

AO

Vinny Lecavalier

Dustin Brown

Teemu Selanne

Joe Sakic

Honorable mention: Brodeur, Getzlaf, Morrow, Kopitar, Lucic and probably a bunch of other guys i'm forgetting.

And I have to say it, partly just to piss people off :D but Pronger narrowly misses this list for me. He's big, physical, so damn talented, plays with an edge, and the most surprising thing to me, is the guy is actually intelligent. Remember his analysis on the playoffs last season? best one I'd read. Plus watching some Ducks games, in interviews the guy is actually articulate and humble. It's hard for me to overlook all those suspensions though. He's over the line too often, especially against Detroit. But if he were in the Winged Wheel, I'd probably explain it away somehow. :P

Edited by haroldsnepsts

you know what I love about that guy? if he can't punch you in the face, he will will punch you in the gut! :ranting: how many brawlers do you see delivering body shots?

Honestly I think Lucic needs to lay off the body shots. There's a reason you don't see brawlers doing it. It's just not done.

Not going to speak for UP2HERE I certainly think Weber will be better than Phaneuf if he isn't already..... Phaneuf is a great talent but IMO he isn't the best young defenseman in the game, guys like Burns and Bouwmeester also will give Phaneuf a run for his money.....

/off topic

I agree. Phaneuf gets all the publicity because of the big hits but Weber is better all around in my opinion.