• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DatsyukownzU13

Random Idea

Rate this topic

What if the Wings dealt Rafalski. 6 million dollar contract and definitely hasn't played up to his price tag. Big E is waiting in the system to step up and be a top-4 defenseman. Yeah our D would/could take a hit, but if we could keep those 3 it would be huge. Obviously we would have to part ways with a few others (possibly Lijla, Hudler, Sammy), but I think it might be possible.

Discuss.

Rafy is here to stay... the guy is playing good, he had an amazing year last year ... and we need someone like him after lids retires so forget it ... on the other hand Lilja and sammy are gone after this year ... I say let franzen walk ... he all ready had problem's resigning with us ... so I'd rather keep hossa over franzen any day

I'd rather balance my big money players out. Strong defensive players, strong offensive players. Long term- we know Lidstrom will retire before he's Chelios' age. Rafalski is here for the year after Lidstrom retires.

And he is playing up to those standards. Long term- he's played fantastic as a Wing.

I just wouldn't trade all star player diversity in for 3 near identical forwards.

Mark my words... Hossa will retire a Red Wing.

With that said, if we do lose Hossa after the end of this season I will have no ill will. And I swear if I see any Red Wing or Wings fan act like any of the Pens fans about Hossa leaving Pittsburgh I'll never be a Wings fan again!!! My god are they whinny about him. Plus the Penguin who said it was a "blow to the heart" that he left? What a p*ssy!

Rafalski will retire a Wing with at least another cup-ring and he is going to once again be a big part of it. The guy is better than Brian Campbell and on the open market these days would command similar money. He is a great offensive defenseman and has some pretty good defensive skills. I really wish LGW members wouldn't press the trade button whenever a player has a rough stretch. He hasn't played to potential, but who is beside the big 4 (Z,Pav,Hossa,Franzen). Even Lidstrom and Pav have had uncharacteristic defensive gaffs of late, hopefully everyone pulls their head out of their asses. Personally, I would rather they get killed by a team like the Kings 9-1, and realize kick themselves in the ass. But thats just me...

Edited by b.shanafan14

Rafalski has looked like s*** on defense this year, his offensive upside has been fine, but defensively he hasn't done anything to brag about this season. Unlikely that he's going anywhere in either case, even though we have several solid defensemen in the system and no future Hossa's up and coming.

What if the Wings dealt Rafalski. 6 million dollar contract and definitely hasn't played up to his price tag. Big E is waiting in the system to step up and be a top-4 defenseman. Yeah our D would/could take a hit, but if we could keep those 3 it would be huge. Obviously we would have to part ways with a few others (possibly Lijla, Hudler, Sammy), but I think it might be possible.

Discuss.

You're kidding right? Ralfie was one of the reasons that we won the cup last year. He had a career year. Now after 16 games you want to trade him becasue he is -3 with 13 points in 16 games?

And you want to take a guy that has 11 games of NHL experience and put him in the lineup on the best team in the league as a top 4 defenseman?

Ralfie isn't going anywhere...

...which is that part of the game that Rafalski has forgotten about.

Really? Then why is he only -3? People have to stop focusing on a gaffe here and there and long at it over the long haul.

Pavs was -3 in the game against the Penguins. You want to trade him to?

Ralfie will be fine. He has had a few games in which he hasn't been good but there are 66 games left

Like I said in other post ... if wings win cup, lids will retire theres ur 7.6 for hossa or zetterberg

No, it doesn't. The Wings are on the hook for Lidstrom's contract for the duration whether he retires or not. (And he won't, anyway.)