• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

crazy13

Rumor: Hossa leaving after this season

Rate this topic

No suprise, I would be surprised to read that Hossa's coming back to Detroit after this season. Hossa's here for a year, we won't be able to fit him under the cap with Zetterberg and Franzen looking to sign long term after this season.

Guest Crymson
According to Andy Strickland:

Sources close to Marian Hossa and Marian Gaborik tell me the two plan to make themselves a package deal come July first. The two are the best of friends and are hopeful they'll be playing together after this season.

A major reason Hossa elected to turn down millions of dollars from Pittsburgh and take the one year offer from Detroit is to not only put himself in position to win a Cup, but to become a UFA at the same time Gaborik enters the open market.

BYE BYE HOSSA

Strickland is a moron, and nobody will be able to afford both Gaborik and Hossa.

Oh and by the way, our locker room imploded by Christmas, 2006... no, wait.

Edited by Crymson

Guest Crymson
:lol: I smell a troll!! :alien:

Where's your link??

Hmmm....Joe Baloney says that he personnaly met with Hossa and he said that he will likely stay in Detroit for 2 million per season and a new Corvette. :P

So you joined LGW today and expect people to beleive your post, ssuuurreee.

Oh well, welcome to LGW, where the fans aren't as gullable as you may think.

Oh, goodness, it's probably Redbird again..

Not that I ever put too much weight into what these hockeybloggers put out in the first place, but I never listen to a thing Strickland has to say after he suggested that the Wings locker room was going to "implode" by Christmas time in 2006. You know, because the Wings players didn't respect him... :lol:

In case anyone forgot it, here it is in all it's idiotic glory...

Someone who is close to the Red Wings organization recently told me that Detroit will self implode by Christmas.

Naturally I asked why?

The individual told me the players don’t respect Mike Babcock, and his act has already worn thin with management as well. To the point where General Manger Ken Holland is so involved that he and Babcock have one on one meetings sometimes more than once per week to make sure things are moving in the proper direction.

One would think they are when you consider how well Detroit is playing but when your star players are complaining to management the boat can begin to rock pretty quickly.

Babcock is known to like to keep his teams off balanced. He will often call in his power play unit for a meeting and ask them what they feel they need to do. After his players give their opinions he will often say something to the effect of, sorry were not doing it that way and will create something entirely different.

The players are not happy with his overall demeanor and philosophy.

I’ve been told that all world defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom began to instruct his teammates not to say a word when they go into the special teams meetings. People who have covered the NHL and the Red Wings will tell you that Lidstrom is probably the nicest player in the NHL not to mention one of the best defenseman ever. One would have to try pretty hard to get Lidstrom not to like you.

It seems pretty hard to make Babcock happy. He once told some people that if Anaheim had gotten some goaltending in game seven of the 2003 Stanley Cup finals that the Ducks would have one the Cup. Babcock was coaching Anaheim at the time, if you remember Jean-Sebastian Giguere, was in net for game seven, and won the Conn Smythe trophy as the NHL playoff MVP that year.

There apparently was more than just age as to why Yzerman decided to hang up the skates. The truth is Babcock better win in the playoffs or he won’t be in Detroit much longer.

Strickland's a Blues sappy anyways. Of course he's going to hope for (and report) anything that might hurt the Wings chances.

i am good friends with hossa since primary school and he told me yesterday he would accept a contract similar to the one drapes has, he would have done so this year but holland didtn't ask him what he wanted.

... oh s**t, i just woke up and my bed is a mess and i have to change the bed linen!!

damn you pleasant dreams!

I wish hossa was on the second line and Z was with dats and homer. Z is one of my favourite players I just hope Detroit doesn't decide to keep Hossa and let Z walk , if hossa ends up with more points

In my nonexpert opinion, I hope Cheli retires and they move a couple guys for some younger cheaper players and can keep everybody. I think with we can afford to lose a guy fom the second pairing and not suffer one bit. I'd rather see Hossa stay over Franzen. I just think if Franzen left his numbers would drop off and Anahiem would get srewed again on the deal.

is this thread a freakin joke? Strickland? hahaha. He is more incompitent then Eklund. Hell he probably is Eklund. lol. I find this to be a joke or a troll trying to set up shop here at lgw-mart, with a bunch of b.s. half off.

Yeah and I also heard there was going to be a blockbuster deal sending AO, Crosby, Kovalchuk, and harvey the 'effen' rabbit to the new expansion team in Hamilton for Boyd Deveroux, Jason Wooley, and George Parros. Lmao. Lets get real here.

is this thread a freakin joke? Strickland? hahaha. He is more incompitent then Eklund. Hell he probably is Eklund. lol. I find this to be a joke or a troll trying to set up shop here at lgw-mart, with a bunch of b.s. half off.

Yeah and I also heard there was going to be a blockbuster deal sending AO, Crosby, Kovalchuk, and harvey the 'effen' rabbit to the new expansion team in Hamilton for Boyd Deveroux, Jason Wooley, and George Parros. Lmao. Lets get real here.

We better get used to it. I am sure we will be seeing these threads ALL season long!

Strickland has been proven to have zero relevance in any "rumor" that goes around the NHL

Heaton and Matt's post say it all.

Hossa would obviously rather play for a winning team then go to a Toronto to play with a friend. Just stupid!