• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BeeRYCE

Your Favourite Hockey Analyst?

Rate this topic

We all watch hockey, but we never really talk about the guys that will sit in a panel and talk about the hottest hockey topics. So I dedicate this thread to them. Now, mind you, America definitely doesn't have the quality of guys TSN in Canada does, but there's definitely a favourite nonetheless on FSN, NBC, or whatever (I'm sure not Every Sport? Puck NO!).

My favourite anyway is easily Bob McKenzie. The guy's opinions are always followed through with tons of logic, and no one ever disagrees with what he says and rightfully so. I do like Dreger because he always seemed to be a Wing homer, but that is a different story. McKenzie is the best hockey analyst ever IMO.

I don't really have a favourite analyst from the American stations but being Canadian Grapes has always been my favourite. I think with Don Cherry you either love him or you hate him.... I always loved Don Cherry even if he is now a Maple Leafs homer. So if I can i will cast my vote for Grapes.

Around NYC here Chico Resch and Doc Emrick are pretty good. I liked John Davidson too before he went off to St. Louis. They have a good wrap up roundtable show for all three local teams with Ron Duguay, Dave Moloney, Butch Goring and Ken Daneyko. It seems to me that the analysis we get down here is more limited to on-ice stuff, whereas up north you guys get a lot more coverage of off-ice issues (or just a lot more of everything).

Around NYC here Chico Resch and Doc Emrick are pretty good. I liked John Davidson too before he went off to St. Louis. They have a good wrap up roundtable show for all three local teams with Ron Duguay, Dave Moloney, Butch Goring and Ken Daneyko. It seems to me that the analysis we get down here is more limited to on-ice stuff, whereas up north you guys get a lot more coverage of off-ice issues (or just a lot more of everything).

Wow, this reply gave me a trip down memory lane. Hahaha Ron Duguay, Chico Resch and Butch Goring!? Man, I lost those name over the years. I think i still have some of their 80's hockey cards.

I can't get past Jim Hughson doing commentary on one of my old NHL Playstation 2 games. I listen to him and think of that game.

Bob Kohl and Harry Neal.

Also, John Davidson is a good hockey guy, but my LEAST favorite is Bill Clement. When he ALWAYS calls a game a "Tilt", it just makes me want to throw something at him.

my favourites are likely James Duthie (does he count? the guy is hilarious) and then Bob Mckenzie. sometimes i want to hear an opinion and it seems like its impossible for Duthie to coax one out of Darren Dreger. I used to like CBC but now i can barely stomach HNIC because grapes has lost his mind, THEY LOST THE THEME, who the hell is p.j. stock and i seriously cant believe cassie campbell is my favourite. actually jeff marek (the new guy) is good, i want to see more of him and milbury.

sidenote: im pretty sure everyone is canada hates kelly hrudey and its spelt bob cole.

b mack is awesome, i love him. all the guys on tsn are good for the most part. i also like listening to hardcore hockey talk on the score, steve kouleas and steve ludzik are good guys.

Agree about Steve Ludzik. Ludz is a great guy and has a great hockey mind. Loved him as coach in Muskegon for a couple seasons and he did well with the Detroit Vipers (Not so well with the Tampa Bay Lightning though)

Farhan lalji.....

just kidding bmac for sure is good james duthie is an idiot but makes me laugh and knows his stuff, i love the homerisms darren pang drops. steve koulious (sp) knows his stuff but i hate his voice, nick kypreos is a'ight.

We have the Mickey Redmond/Ken Daniels drinking game at my place during games. Everytime Mickey rips on the refs and Kenny follows with "Now Mickey", that is a shot. Everytime neither of the two see a penalty that has been called, even after a replay is shown in super slow-mo, it's a shot. Everytime Mickey giggles from Datsyuk's stickhandling, it's a shot. And final shot is whenever Kenny mentions Mickey's 50 goals seasons for the Wings or whenever he mentions Larry's HHOF induction.

Mickey Redmond will always be my favorite... I also love to hear what Cherry has to say, even if it pisses me off. I also enjoy Bob McKenzie.

On the other side of the coin, I hate the guys on the Hot Stove. That little munchkin man, Al Strachan is so annoying. He is always pissed off... Mike Milbury is a little worse than Larry Murphy. Pierre Lebrun is not that bad and Ron MacLean does a good job digging through all the BS...

Oh yeah, I hate Olcyzk. Makes me sad that Emrick has to work with that ******...