• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Doggy

Never seen that before...

Rate this topic

Here's a good one.

Former Red Wings prospect and Grand Rapids Griffins goaltender Drew MacIntyre gets credited with a goal.. But not only was it a goal... It was the Overtime winning goal. The puck was actually shot by another former Griffin Steve Martins.

I remember back in the early '90s, The Bruins were playing at the Joe, and on a delayed penalty to Detroit, one of the Boston players passed back to the point, and the puck ended up going all the way down into the Bruin net.

And of course we'll always have Paul Coffey's goal on Ozzie in game #1 of the '96 WCF.

happened to young Cap Backstrom last year. also happened to Wallin a couple years ago when the Canes were playing the Caps, it was a beautiful beautiful thing (still is, despite the karma with Backstrom, ha).

Dont remind me of that Backstrom one, they had on ice audio and crosby had a ******* orgasm cause he realized he got the secondary assist on it.

Guest CaliWingsNut
I remember back in the early '90s, The Bruins were playing at the Joe, and on a delayed penalty to Detroit, one of the Boston players passed back to the point, and the puck ended up going all the way down into the Bruin net.

And of course we'll always have Paul Coffey's goal on Ozzie in game #1 of the '96 WCF.

Damn. Ya beat me to it. I can't believe no one mentioned that until now.

Dont remind me of that Backstrom one, they had on ice audio and crosby had a ******* orgasm cause he realized he got the secondary assist on it.

duuuude, i had totally forgotten about that part, rage just raced through my veins at the memory, thanks ;)

I was actually watching this game live when it happened. Bill Guerin was like holy s*** I just scored a goal!!! I felt sorry for O'Brien!!! I wish that they would have put him back in the game, so he could just move on from it, but since the Habs fans are crazy, there is no way Guy could have put him back in! The play by play guys on MSG were saying that the Habs fans have been all over this kid O'Brien for a while now, something along the lines of not playing and skating hard. This just goes to show that maybe Lebda and Lils aren't as bad as we thought!!! I hope that during the next Habs home game O'Brien gets a goal and flips off all of the Habs fans!!!

I am surprised no one mentioned the one that gave the Wings a goal against the Ducks a few years ago. There wasa delayed penalty on the Wings and a Duck player was at by the side of the net and passed the puck to the blueline and missed everyone and went into the empty net. Wings score and the penalty is nullified. AWESOME!

I am surprised no one mentioned the one that gave the Wings a goal against the Ducks a few years ago. There wasa delayed penalty on the Wings and a Duck player was at by the side of the net and passed the puck to the blueline and missed everyone and went into the empty net. Wings score and the penalty is nullified. AWESOME!

That was mentioned. There is a link to an article about it.

But what about the Coffey's gaffe? I can't remember it because I was rather young then. Was it like these empty-netters, or was Osgood still in goal?

Why would the penalty have been nullified? That makes no sense. I gotta say I don't remember that, but I have the world's worst episodic memory.

Firstly, there can't be assists on own goals.

Second, he was excited because his team took the lead with 30 secs on the clock. He wouldn't have known if he'd gotten credited for the goal at the time.

Basically, he's being bashed because he was miced up and everyone heard him say what all the other players were saying.

The guy claims because he was facing pressure he was trying to send it back to Price, and he simply wasn't aware that the net had been vacated for the delayed call. Seriously? Pass it to the goalie? I don't think that's part of the playbook. Goalie is not gonna anticipate taking a SOG from his own man, might have gone in anyways. An NHL defenseman, and the only thing he can think of when he's under pressure is to... ring it around the boards? No. Eat it and wait for help? Nuh-uh. Throw the puck at your own net. Bingo!

That was mentioned. There is a link to an article about it.

But what about the Coffey's gaffe? I can't remember it because I was rather young then. Was it like these empty-netters, or was Osgood still in goal?

Game #1 of the '96 WCF. Wings are up 1-0, on a Paul Coffey pp goal in th 1st. In the 2nd period, Lidstorm tries to hit Coffey coming out of the zone, but his pass hits Yelle's skate and goes to Gusarov, just over center ice. Gusarov quickly passes to Keane, and he and Yelle come in on a 2 on 1. Keane passes to Yelle on the left wing. Lidstom has an angle on him, and the puck is bouncing on Yelle. Ozzie comes out to the bottom of the circle, and goes down, so Yelle goes around him, and passes across to Keane. The puck is going through the top of the crease, and Coffey, who was caught up ice, gets back just as Yelle makes the pass, and snaps it into the middle of the net. He immediately looks up like "What'd I just do?" That ties it at 1-1, the Avs get another strange one in the 3rd to take a 2-1 lead, but Coffey's 2nd (or was it his 3rd?) ties it up at 2. Then Mike Keane scores in OT for the Avs. So if Coffey wouldn't have had a brain cramp, the Wings would've won 2-1 we at least would have had a game #7.

I never seen this happen before in the NHL, and figured I had to share, Montreal was playing The New York Islanders, the other night (Nov 24th) and the Islanders got a delayed penalty, Carey Price (Habs goalie) left the net due to the delayed penalty, Islanders were pressuring Montreal defenceman Ryan O'Byrne, and O'byrne accidentally shot it into his own goal to tie the hockey game.

anyone else see this, and has anyone else seen it happen before ??

Game #1 of the '96 WCF. Wings are up 1-0, on a Paul Coffey pp goal in th 1st. In the 2nd period, Lidstorm tries to hit Coffey coming out of the zone, but his pass hits Yelle's skate and goes to Gusarov, just over center ice. Gusarov quickly passes to Keane, and he and Yelle come in on a 2 on 1. Keane passes to Yelle on the left wing. Lidstom has an angle on him, and the puck is bouncing on Yelle. Ozzie comes out to the bottom of the circle, and goes down, so Yelle goes around him, and passes across to Keane. The puck is going through the top of the crease, and Coffey, who was caught up ice, gets back just as Yelle makes the pass, and snaps it into the middle of the net. He immediately looks up like "What'd I just do?" That ties it at 1-1, the Avs get another strange one in the 3rd to take a 2-1 lead, but Coffey's 2nd (or was it his 3rd?) ties it up at 2. Then Mike Keane scores in OT for the Avs. So if Coffey wouldn't have had a brain cramp, the Wings would've won 2-1 we at least would have had a game #7.

Thanks. So, without Coffey it would've been 1-0 Avs win.