• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:23 AM

Wow....what a kick in the junk that is. Funny nonetheless.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#42 oldredbarnman

oldredbarnman

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (P. Marlowe @ November 25, 2008 - 08:08PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was mentioned. There is a link to an article about it.

But what about the Coffey's gaffe? I can't remember it because I was rather young then. Was it like these empty-netters, or was Osgood still in goal?

Game #1 of the '96 WCF. Wings are up 1-0, on a Paul Coffey pp goal in th 1st. In the 2nd period, Lidstorm tries to hit Coffey coming out of the zone, but his pass hits Yelle's skate and goes to Gusarov, just over center ice. Gusarov quickly passes to Keane, and he and Yelle come in on a 2 on 1. Keane passes to Yelle on the left wing. Lidstom has an angle on him, and the puck is bouncing on Yelle. Ozzie comes out to the bottom of the circle, and goes down, so Yelle goes around him, and passes across to Keane. The puck is going through the top of the crease, and Coffey, who was caught up ice, gets back just as Yelle makes the pass, and snaps it into the middle of the net. He immediately looks up like "What'd I just do?" That ties it at 1-1, the Avs get another strange one in the 3rd to take a 2-1 lead, but Coffey's 2nd (or was it his 3rd?) ties it up at 2. Then Mike Keane scores in OT for the Avs. So if Coffey wouldn't have had a brain cramp, the Wings would've won 2-1 we at least would have had a game #7.

#43 WingNutt

WingNutt

-DATS the way to Play-

• PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:34 PM

I never seen this happen before in the NHL, and figured I had to share, Montreal was playing The New York Islanders, the other night (Nov 24th) and the Islanders got a delayed penalty, Carey Price (Habs goalie) left the net due to the delayed penalty, Islanders were pressuring Montreal defenceman Ryan O'Byrne, and O'byrne accidentally shot it into his own goal to tie the hockey game.

anyone else see this, and has anyone else seen it happen before ??

www.datsyuk13.com ^thanks Offsides^
[press] "When you have the puck, how many people do you see?"
Without smiling, Datsyuk answered, "18,000"

#44 #19=Legend

#19=Legend

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:48 PM

someone beat you to it a couple days ago. the thread is called "ive never seen this before"

#45 DreamsofHope

DreamsofHope

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:49 PM

I have seen it before, a couple of years ago during a capitals game. I'm pretty sure it was Greene? Maybe. Anyways there is an article on TSN about it, and others that have done it. It certainly happens sometimes.

#46 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 04:44 PM

O.o

#47 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (oldredbarnman @ November 26, 2008 - 09:41PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Game #1 of the '96 WCF. Wings are up 1-0, on a Paul Coffey pp goal in th 1st. In the 2nd period, Lidstorm tries to hit Coffey coming out of the zone, but his pass hits Yelle's skate and goes to Gusarov, just over center ice. Gusarov quickly passes to Keane, and he and Yelle come in on a 2 on 1. Keane passes to Yelle on the left wing. Lidstom has an angle on him, and the puck is bouncing on Yelle. Ozzie comes out to the bottom of the circle, and goes down, so Yelle goes around him, and passes across to Keane. The puck is going through the top of the crease, and Coffey, who was caught up ice, gets back just as Yelle makes the pass, and snaps it into the middle of the net. He immediately looks up like "What'd I just do?" That ties it at 1-1, the Avs get another strange one in the 3rd to take a 2-1 lead, but Coffey's 2nd (or was it his 3rd?) ties it up at 2. Then Mike Keane scores in OT for the Avs. So if Coffey wouldn't have had a brain cramp, the Wings would've won 2-1 we at least would have had a game #7.

Thanks. So, without Coffey it would've been 1-0 Avs win.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |