• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/26 GDT: Canadiens 3 @ Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

mtl.pngVS det.png

Team Records

Montreal: 11-5-4, 6-3-2 Road Record; 2nd in Northeast Division, 5th overall in Eastern Conference

Last Game: Lost to NYI 4-3, SO

Detroit: 14-2-4, 4-1-2 Home Record; 1st in Central Division, 2nd overall in Western Conference

Last Game: Lost to VAN 3-2, OT

Leading Scorers

Goals - MTL Alex Tanguay - 8 ; DET Marian Hossa - 11

Assists - MTL Andrei Markov - 13 ; DET Marian Hossa - 13

PIM - Tom Kostopoulos - 35 ; DET Darren McCarty - 25

Projected DET Lines

Filppula-Datsyuk-Hossa

Franzen-Zetterberg-Samuelsson

Hudler-Kopecky-Maltby

Meech-Draper-Helm

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Lebda-Lilja

Projected Starters

MTL - Carey Price

DET - Ty Conklin

INJURY UPDATE

MTL - Georges Laraque (did not travel with team), Mike Komisarek (shoulder) out, Roman Hamrilik (lower body) DTD, Guillame Latendresse (shoulder) probable

DET - Tomas Holmstrom (back spasms) out, Dan Cleary (eye) out, Chris Chelios (foot) out

610x.jpg

Edited by Hockeytown0001

Is it confirmed that Ozzie will be in net tonight? He was great in Vancouver, but I've felt very confident with Conk Block between the pipes, so I was hoping he would get the calll again.

As for the game, this will be a fun one to watch. In usual fashion, I'll predict the Wings take this one by a score of 4-2, with goals from Hossa, Zetterberg, Franzen, and Drapes.

Not to mention, TSN is hands down my favorite sports network, so I'm amped they're showing this one.

Should be a decent game.. Wings shouldnt be happy with the outcome against Vancouver so lets hope they bring the heat at home..

Prediction..

Wings - 5 (Hossa, Draper, Hudler, Z, Lidstrom)

Canadiens - 2 (Koivu, Markov)

I cant wait for this game. I was checking the habs forum today, and their gdt was up earlier in the day. Most posters on there are bracing for an ass whooping. So lets give their fans what they expect.

Hossa x3

Is it confirmed that Ozzie will be in net tonight? He was great in Vancouver, but I've felt very confident with Conk Block between the pipes, so I was hoping he would get the calll again.

As for the game, this will be a fun one to watch. In usual fashion, I'll predict the Wings take this one by a score of 4-2, with goals from Hossa, Zetterberg, Franzen, and Drapes.

Not to mention, TSN is hands down my favorite sports network, so I'm amped they're showing this one.

:thumbup:

Really stoked for this one

1) Two Original-6 teams

2) Two pre-season Stanley Cup favourites

3) I'm guessing there will be a lot of Habs fans at the game so it should make for a great atmosphere

4) Its the live game this week in the UK, so I get to watch it all with a decent picture :)

3-2 Wings. Lilja continues his hot-streak with the GWG.

Wings win 3-2.

Winning goal scored by O'Byrne

Harsh. :lol:

I see he didn't see a second of ice-time after he scored that goal. Poor move by the coach or was he just protecting him from the fans?

Anyway I'm pumped for this game, can't wait! Always a good game against Montreal. :thumbup:

4-2 Wings.

Hossa, Meech, Datsyuk (PPG) & Zetterberg (ENG)

I hope it's a fun game to watch! I love original 6 matchups! Hopefully the refs just let 'em play the friggin game! Kinda like they did in Vancouver...minus the call in OT. I coulda done without that one! lol ;)

Lang scores his usual 2+1 against us,but he can't be found after the 2nd,as he had to go to Cheli's Chili to grab a little snack.

4-3 WINGS

O6 W

Wings win 3-2.

Winning goal scored by O'Byrne

Yeah,there's no stopping him. He's on a hot streak.

Guest mindfly

I actually think canadiens will win it, probably by one goal or in OT or SO... but of course i hope the wings can surprise and win it.

nice gdt!

and completely off topic; is that a warrior goalie stick? I didnt know they made them. A quick search of my favorite hockey suppliers turned up nothing.

Yup; I haven't seen them for sale, but I've also seen Marty Biron and Kipper use them too.

Funny quote from the Habs forum -"Only one team can come out the West. The Detroit Red Wings no longer have a top level goalie so this team will have a hard time making it to the finals two years in a row."

Edited by Hockeytown0001