• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heaton

Helm up, McCarty tp GR (+ line combos vs Habs)

Rate this topic

if you still tell people that you love hockey when really its just the fighting that makes you watch...PICK A NEW TEAM TO CHEER FOR. i suggest the ducks, the flyers...maybe the flames? i've even taken the liberty of finding you a new website to post on. its called Hockey Fights and there are a whole mess of like minded people who rarely look at the score of a game but dissect every second of fights like boxing matches. stop complaining about the lack of fighting, and maybe notice the abundance of winning instead. it takes an especially ungrateful fan to complain about EVERY move this team makes when they just won the stanley cup and play an exciting brand of hockey.

hey i bet if we trade that "soft" zetterberg guy we could get godard from pittsburgh! oh who am i kidding, i guess it was just some wishful thinking on my part. its a shame though, it would have solved all of those problems detroits been having.

ESAD posts at hockeyfights.com as well.

You would have to kidding yourself not to say that you didn't see this comming. McCarty has only won one fight this season, and it was against a joke of a fighter in Stortini. I guess I will not be suprised to see McCarty spend the rest of the regular season in GR.

Edited by Skiing - Puck

People complaining about the lack of fighting and toughness have a right to complain, especially since Mac has been providing just about all the fighting this season. If anything, they should have replaced him with Downey, since he's a better fighter.

Oh well. At least tonight is the night I've been waiting for, with Lilja being only hours away from dethroning the so-called champ and sending him to Sourayville.

Guest E_S_A_D
I'm all for Helm being on the roster. He should've been in Detroit all along but having Downey and Mac in GR is cause for concern. It's risky with so many cheap shot artists around the league. Last season managment built the most complete team they've put together in years--Downey, Drake, and Mac (to a a lesser extent) played tough and kept the opposition accountable. The lesson seems to have been lost already, and now we're facing Boston, Anaheim, Calgary and Dallas in the next couple weeks and our most physical player may be Andreas Lilja.

Perfect.

I'm all for Helm being on the roster. He should've been in Detroit all along but having Downey and Mac in GR is cause for concern. It's risky with so many cheap shot artists around the league. Last season managment built the most complete team they've put together in years--Downey, Drake, and Mac (to a a lesser extent) played tough and kept the opposition accountable. The lesson seems to have been lost already, and now we're facing Boston, Anaheim, Calgary and Dallas in the next couple weeks and our most physical player may be Andreas Lilja.

Sheldon Souray's face would probably agree with you there.

This is par for the course though, since I've come to expect it with this team. It's sort of a miracle that Downey played as many games as he did last year, even with all the injuries. I was hoping he'd get the same chance this year but so far they've called up several others ahead of him.

Guest E_S_A_D
ESAD posts at hockeyfights.com as well. He is not very well respected there either.

You would have to kidding yourself not to say that you didn't see this comming. McCarty has only won one fight this season, and it was against a joke of a fighter in Stortini. I guess I will not be suprised to see McCarty spend the rest of the regular season in GR.

I'm not? News to me... Been there since 2005 and never had issues. Thanks for stalking me though, cute.

Guest E_S_A_D
ESAD posts at hockeyfights.com as well. He is not very well respected there either.

Hey Spartan... PM Sent.

And we dont have anyone that can hit or be scrappy? C'mon man I guarantee none of the Wings fear the wrath of Francis Bouillion.

Hahaha i second this!

Mccarty has been balls this season, we all know this. His left punch doesn't seem to do much damage anymore anyways...

Guest micah

Whoa. Did someone in this thread actually call Gary Roberts "weak" and say that Datsyuk would do anything other than wet his pants if he were forced to square off with him? And was Chelios called "muscleman"? Seriously? There are musclemen in hockey - Marty Lapointe, Rod Brind'amour, etc. Chelios is not among them.

Whoa. Did someone in this thread actually call Gary Roberts "weak" and say that Datsyuk would do anything other than wet his pants if he were forced to square off with him? And was Chelios called "muscleman"? Seriously? There are musclemen in hockey - Marty Lapointe, Rod Brind'amour, etc. Chelios is not among them.

chelios.jpg

OK, so say, I dunno - when we play the Ducks who should we send down in lieu of bringing up tougher guys. I mean give me a break. By the rationalization being used we would be bringing up "tough guys" (Downey, McCarty and some would say Adbekater sp?) whenever we played teams such as:

Anaheim

Vancouver

Calgary

Chicago

Colorado

Dallas

Edmonton

Philly

If that's how it's going to be then great. But we both know that never, ever, ever, ever, would happen.

Here's to a well rounded team!

Ive only read the first couple pages of this thread but I can assume what the others are like. I jsut gotta say man you are a freaking moron. The Wings have one of if not he most well rounded teams in the NHL. They can play not up to there potential like they have this season yet still have one of the top records in the league. The Wings brass knows how to run a team and build a winner 100% more than you. Shutup with this weak protection crap to. NOBODY in this league is afraid of McCarty. The powerplay clicking at 33% is quite the deterrent.

Oooooh Gary Roberts and Marty Lapointe? you certainly did an excellent job of naming sad, washed up "musclemen" that get passed around to new teams every season. Chelios is more valuable than either of those clowns.

There are more deserving players *cough* Kopecky to be sent down than Mac. Hes done his job better than anyone thought he ever could.

Exactly. I think everyone would admit McCarty has proven much improved since last year. I'd say he's a more effective Downey and has earned his spot.

As much as it sucks "punishing" him, I think this has more to do with the fact that tonight's game will be skill against skill. And as much as I dislike McCarty being sent down, I'm excited to see Helm again.

I'd rather see Kopecky go down, but as someone noted, he'd get claimed. We might as well trade him to at least get something out of his tenure here.

Ive only read the first couple pages of this thread but I can assume what the others are like. I jsut gotta say man you are a freaking moron. The Wings have one of if not he most well rounded teams in the NHL. They can play not up to there potential like they have this season yet still have one of the top records in the league. The Wings brass knows how to run a team and build a winner 100% more than you. Shutup with this weak protection crap to. NOBODY in this league is afraid of McCarty. The powerplay clicking at 33% is quite the deterrent.

Are you so clueless that you think a team will give a s*** about our PP if the game is out of reach anyway?

It's one thing to turn the other cheek to a soft team, but please don't give me all this crap about our PP being a deterrent. If a team wants to play rough with the WIngs they will, no matter how good the PP is.

You should be working under Gary Bettman with your line of thinking.

Way to look at the point of the post the way you want to see it, opposed to what ya know - the reality of it.

You fail to mention that both Drake and McCarty were on the roster, making it a little more WELL ROUNDED then it currently is.

That is what I was trying to point out.

And yes, some, not all, of the players I listed were soft. That is not a bad thing, and that is not saying that they were just as important if not more then anyone else on the roster in winning the cup - it's simply the reality of the game they play. Hudler isn't a grinder, he is a talented ass goal scorer who we need in the lineup every night though - a guy who played a highly important role in our amazing year, which as we all know culminated in a Stanley cup.

That said, my point was that I am amped we are keeping the squad WELL ROUNDED, that's all.

Check yourself before you sound silly again

Yea ok sry if i came out wrong. Im not native english speaking and interpreted it wrong. And i said i think we need a Drake-type player, so that i did mention. I love physical play, im swedish and i think the SEL is a much more boring hockey than the NHL, mostly because the big rinks -> much less hitting. I guess i didnt really knew what you were saying with your post, sry that i can't understand english that well...Silly me.

Are you so clueless that you think a team will give a s*** about our PP if the game is out of reach anyway?

It's one thing to turn the other cheek to a soft team, but please don't give me all this crap about our PP being a deterrent. If a team wants to play rough with the WIngs they will, no matter how good the PP is.

I agree with this statement but I don't think that Mac changes the equation one bit. None of the tough teams will play any less rough just because Mac is there (that is not really even a knock on Mac I don't think that there are many guys in the NHL that would make the other team play less rough with the Wings.)

Lol. You should be really careful calling other people stupid. While your humorous post may fly around this forum, which I see it definitely does, it wouldn't in just about any other hockey outlet available.

I may be in the minority on this board, actually I know I am - but your argument outside this arena would most likely be laughed at by fans of the game.

Well this is a redwings forum, its not any other hockey outlet. I really haven't posted that much so i dont know about many humorous posts. And i dont know how people generally think about fighting in North america, but i do know what people think here in Sweden. And i know there are many different opinions, and that it depends on who you ask.

Im no moron as you make me seem, i know i posted perhaps a wierd angry post before, but stop acting like you know everything and have twice the hockeyknowledge compared with me. Ive also watched alot of hockey, i know about the origin of hockey as ESAD were so polite to point out to me that i didnt know anything about.

Ok, enough of this. The real positive - really nice to see Helm!

Guest E_S_A_D

I know... I'm ready for several posters on this board to just come clean and tell us they are Bettmans!