• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heaton

Helm up, McCarty tp GR (+ line combos vs Habs)

Rate this topic

It is impressive how we've managed a raging 9-page debate over a 4th line roster swap that will likely only last a handful of games ... you would think the Wings had traded McCarty for a daffodil on skates and swapped the red jerseys for pink ones ...

Is there enough cheap-shots on star players in the NHL that teams would need enforcers to protect them? Detroit has played stretches without an enforcer and nothing's gone wrong. It's more likely to lose a game because your enforcer can't play hockey well enough than that your star player is injured because he wasn't protected.

Edited by P. Marlowe

Is Laraque playing? If so, how many Red Wings did he knock out in the finals last year? My memory's bad.

Laraque only played a few games in the Finals and was scared s***less of Lilja the whole time.

Besides, he's more of a gentlemanly enforcer rather than a cheap goon.

Does that refresh your bad memory?

Laraque only played a few games in the Finals and was scared s***less of Lilja the whole time.

Besides, he's more of a gentlemanly enforcer rather than a cheap goon.

Does that refresh your bad memory?

Yeah, it does. Thanks. :cool::D

I was wondering how many man-game to injury Wings stars have lost due to cheap shots in the last few years (post-lockout, say) when McCarty/Downey weren't in the lineup. Can't be too many, can it?

This does suck. It's a direct result from McCarty fighting Darcy Hordichuk up by a goal the other day. The Wings are now officially, as if there wasn't any question, the softest team in the NHL again. Darcy Hordichuk was interviewed in between periods and said "McCarty said, sure I'll fight, I owe you one from the playoffs". Too bad, it earned him a spot in Grand Rapids.

The only cool thign is that this OFFICIALLY makes it easy for me now to know where to spend my money over the 10 days off for the Holidays from work... The Griffins, not the Red Wings.

Hahaha. Suuuureeeee...

Has nothing to do with Cleary and Holmer being out against one of the eastern cup favourites and us needing forwards that can contribute for more than a 30 second fight.

This move only sucks because they dropped the ball and called up Helm instead of Leino when Lenio's the one we have to convince to stay here.

Yeah, it does. Thanks. :cool::D

I was wondering how many man-game to injury Wings stars have lost due to cheap shots in the last few years (post-lockout, say) when McCarty/Downey weren't in the lineup. Can't be too many, can it?

In the last 5 years or so, we've had quite a few guys get hurt due to cheapshots. Your question depends on how far you want me to go back.

Hahaha. Suuuureeeee...

Has nothing to do with Cleary and Holmer being out against one of the eastern cup favourites and us needing forwards that can contribute for more than a 30 second fight.

This move only sucks because they dropped the ball and called up Helm instead of Leino when Lenio's the one we have to convince to stay here.

I have yet to see Lenio play, and am getting anxious to, but others have said their is not enough cap space to call him up at the moment. Won't complain though, Helm has impressive when he's been called upon.

In the last 5 years or so, we've had quite a few guys get hurt due to cheapshots. Your question depends on how far you want me to go back.

none were really on star players, of course the williams one was bad and whoever else got cheap shotted that year, the worst was probably Lids's and o guess what downey was playing in that same game.

Edited by CrossoverThrash