• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

11/29 GDT: Bruins 4, Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

The thing is, though, if your defense has sucked ass for nearly 25 games, you make some changes - whether its pairings, minutes, plays, systems, whatever it is. What changes have we seen?

McCrimmon has the best tools to work with on the back end in the entire NHL, and instead of building a castle with those tools, hes building a ******* outhouse.

And if its not him, then he needs to go to Kenny and say "look, this is out of my hands. If you dont shake up this roster, it wont improve."

Rofl.

Agreed though, on paper we have the best defense in the league, how we're continuing to suck it up back there is mind boggling. I guess it could be McCrimmon.

Was the sarcastic response necessary?

I wasn't being sarcastic.

Anyway, I agree that not all forms of hockey are exciting. But to critisize Boston for not playing "exciting" hockey when we're a team with zero enforcers and a team that has been known to be boring is a bit of hypocrisy to me.

I'm the first person to be critical of the Wings for lacking elements of toughness and I'm also on record saying that I think it's dampened some of the passion the Detroit fans have for the team. So no, I don't see any hypocrisy in criticizing the Bruins because I'm equally critical of my own team.

I don't think anyone is saying this game is over. We're just tired of seeing the same defensive story game in, game out. Something has to change.

And thats exactly what worries me. The Wings have been winning games all year by deciding to play when its convenient for them. Thats a terrible habit to develop. If they keep on operating like this - and winning - they're gonna carry it through to the playoffs where we'll be playing good, desperate teams. I wouldnt be surprised to see the playoffs this year turn into an 05 or 06-like performance.

I mustn't be the only one that finds voting for the player of the game during the first intermission to be incredibly inane.

Didn't you know that the second and third periods don't mean anything? :rolleyes:

You won't make it to the playoffs if you play half-assed all season.

No. Detroit always play half-assed through regular seasons. At least last 20 seasons. It is our skill which allows us to make play-offs every single year.

What are you talking about? The Bruins are one of the best teams in the NHL right now. Have you seen their record? Nearly IDENTICAL to the Wings, and Im betting that their defensive stats are much better than ours too.

This is who the Bruins are - a great team. And their kicking our asses without even playing their best hockey.

I know Bruins stats. Moreover, I closely follow them and watched at least 10 games this season. The DO play their best hockey today. Today's level of intensity can only be compared to their game against Monthreal last week.

I mustn't be the only one that finds voting for the player of the game during the first intermission to be incredibly inane.

I concur. Unless someone is playing lights-out above the rest, I don't understand why people would vote that early. Unless they're just voting their fave.

(PS: someone with a cell phone call in sammy for me/ jk)

Only reason we are down right now is GOALTENDING, man i would like to get a stellar performance from one of our tenders hear and there to win a game, 40 minutes to go that is plenty of time, we have to crack Fernandez and go from there.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wasn't being sarcastic.

I'm the first person to be critical of the Wings for lacking elements of toughness and I'm also on record saying that I think it's dampened some of the passion the Detroit fans have for the team. So no, I don't see any hypocrisy in criticizing the Bruins because I'm equally critical of my own team.

Well, I suppose if you end you're original statement with, "but hey, we're just as bad" then I'll retract my statement. I just don't see the need to complain about the opposing team's hockey attributes when our team is getting bashed for the same.

I concur. Unless someone is playing lights-out above the rest, I don't understand why people would vote that early. Unless they're just voting their fave.

(PS: someone with a cell phone call in sammy for me/ jk)

I wish it was set up so you could vote for yourself or Daffy Duck or something cause that would be funny.

"Well lets see who you veote for your favorite after the 1st intermission: Dats Zata and Daffy Duck's in the lead." :lol:

wow ive been watching this boston feed for about 1 min now and i can tell you that these announcers are douches with a huge capital D.

I've been watching it for the whole game and can indeed confirm they are immense douches.