• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

JayUp88

Winter Classic hype

Rate this topic

I just got even more excited! An old high school teacher of mine that has season tickets sold me two for $375. Me and my buddy already set a limit at $200 a ticket so this worked out great! Face value they are $75 and in the bleachers section 304 kinda sucks but I felt like I would regret it if I turned em down!

We're throwing a pretty sweet party here in KC at my brother's house :) I'm already organizing who's bringing what and spending a pretty good chunk of time over there the next couple weeks trying to help them get their living room in order (two bachelors who move into a house, throw everything they own into the living room = FAIL) and then it's so on. My oldest brother is flying in today from Germany on leave and he made special plans to stay later to catch the Winter Classic with us, since he wasn't in the States for last years. Especially rough on him since he's a Pens fan.

Anyone planning a Crosby drinking game yet? :P I'm contemplating it, since I'll have a DD, but I don't think leaving those 3 in a drunken stupor would be a smart move.

I hope the Wings can get off their usual schtick for the WC. With their luck, they'll find themselves playing from behind... then the game gets called early due to weather. oh joy.

I tried to get a Winter Classic jersey today but all the stores said they aren't selling them with names on the back because no one knows what the names are going to look like. So I have to get a blank Jersey and then have them put the name and number on after the game, oh well just wanted to give everyone the heads up.

Winter Classic

ps, don't respond if you are going to complain about it not being here, only positive!

What is to complain about? This is the best matchup any hockey fan could have asked for. It is the first time one of the league's most historic rivalries will be playing the Winter Classic. It sure beats the hell out of the previous matchups that were nothing significant.

Whenever the Wings face the Hawks, there is sure to be a lot of scoring and lead changes. For some reason, it has almost always been that way.

Just got an email today from the Blackhawks. They are going to be releasing tickets tomorrow at noon.

December 22, 2008

More Winter Classic Tickets Available

Thank you for your interest in the 2009 Winter Classic at Wrigley Field.

As the installation of the rink is now underway, it has been determined that seats previously unavailable may now be made available for sale. Because you expressed an interest in purchasing tickets by entering the recent Winter Classic promotion, we would like to alert you that such tickets will be made available via tickets.com.

Tickets may be purchased starting at noon CT on Tuesday, December 23 by clicking on this link to order tickets.

Tickets will be limited to no more than four (4) per order. Ticket quantities are limited and subject to availability at the time of purchase. Please note that tickets may be considered "limited view" and/or "obstructed view" so please review all information during the purchase process carefully. All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges.

Happy New Year from the Chicago Blackhawks and NHL!

Here is a copy of the link to purchase the tickets.

http://protected.tickets.com/buy/TicketOns...&poid=13565

Would love to buy tickets but being unemployed has made it impossible.

was anyone able to get ahold of the tickets today? The site keeps putting me in a "virtual waiting room"... I was able to get through on my iphone (i was running a couple browsers on the coputer and the iphone on the side) but when I got through a minute or two after selling started... it said "This event is currently not available for sale through the web."

was anyone able to get ahold of the tickets today? The site keeps putting me in a "virtual waiting room"... I was able to get through on my iphone (i was running a couple browsers on the coputer and the iphone on the side) but when I got through a minute or two after selling started... it said "This event is currently not available for sale through the web."

No. My brother and I were both trying and got as far as typing in the spam-bot security code, but once we typed it in it kicked us back a step. This happened a few times and we now gave up.

Extremely disappointing.