• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rage

Johan Franzen gets his 100th Point

Rate this topic

What say you??

---------------

I think Franzen is going to keep on producing points for a long long time.

The way he plays right now, this guy could really rack up some major points for his career.

The goals just keep coming. He is in front of the net, all around the net, dekeing from the circles; HE'S GOT IT ALL!!

Johan Franzen is out of control folks ;)

Guest mindfly

I don't think he will become THAT much better... dude is 30next year and he is probably in his prime now... but his skillz as of today is good enough for me :)

The way he plays right now, this guy could really rack up some major points for his career.

What do you mean by major points for his career? Using my definition of major points (assuming you are talking about career totals) he won't come close, but I'd be interested in what you are thinking.

My thoughts on Franzen are quite simple:

- He's awesome considering what expectations were a couple years ago (my expectations anyway), he's on a major hot

streak

- However, I don't seem him ever being a 100pt type guy, but I could be wrong.

- I think he finishes his career with somewhere between 500-650pts (just a wild guess more than anything)

The Mule continues to impress and I am torn if we have to choose to keep him or Hossa as I don't want to see either leave. I really would not be able to say who I would pick to stay. Hossa is a man amongst boys and has proven his worth already... Franzen is getting better all the time and showing he is a foirce to be reckoned with too. The only thing that sways my thinking is the amount each would get paid, Franzen being the cheaper option. Very hard choice, Hossa has quickly become my favourite this year and Franzen is quickly climbing the ladder too.

The Mule continues to impress and I am torn if we have to choose to keep him or Hossa as I don't want to see either leave. I really would not be able to say who I would pick to stay. Hossa is a man amongst boys and has proven his worth already... Franzen is getting better all the time and showing he is a foirce to be reckoned with too. The only thing that sways my thinking is the amount each would get paid, Franzen being the cheaper option. Very hard choice, Hossa has quickly become my favourite this year and Franzen is quickly climbing the ladder too.

Ignoring money, the choice is very, very easy, but of course, you can't ignore money.

I don't think it comes down to choosing between the two of them anyway.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

What say you??

---------------

The goals just keep coming. He is in front of the net, all around the net, dekeing from the circles; HE'S GOT IT ALL!!

Johan Franzen is out of control folks ;)

Franzen has been playing a ridiculously hot hand. But don't get ahead of yourself. He didn't even see the puck that he deflected last night for the goal. Like I say, he's riding a hot hand right now and he's getting lucky to boot. Won't last forever unfortunately. :(

Franzen has been playing a ridiculously hot hand. But don't get ahead of yourself. He didn't even see the puck that he deflected last night for the goal. Like I say, he's riding a hot hand right now and he's getting lucky to boot. Won't last forever unfortunately. :(

I get what you are saing, and its true that he's been on a hot streak for some time. I have no other basis than just watching him play saying this, but i however think franzen looks like a star out there. Not like Z or Dats or Hossa, but close enough. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Franzen become a 65-70 point 35-40 goal player for a good chunk of years to come.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
What do you mean by major points for his career? Using my definition of major points (assuming you are talking about career totals) he won't come close, but I'd be interested in what you are thinking.

My thoughts on Franzen are quite simple:

- He's awesome considering what expectations were a couple years ago (my expectations anyway), he's on a major hot

streak

- However, I don't seem him ever being a 100pt type guy, but I could be wrong.

- I think he finishes his career with somewhere between 500-650pts (just a wild guess more than anything)

Obviously Johan is coming into his own. That being said, he will be 30 before you know it. How long will he play? Let's just say he plays until he's 38 years old. He will need to average about 50-60 points/year to get into the 500-600 point realm. He might be able to do it but I don't know considering his age and the Wings habit of spreading points around with only Dats and Z ever really being big point getters. Obviously Hossa will be a big point producer this year.

Man, if Franzen were just like 23 or 24 right now that would be something.

Obviously Johan is coming into his own. That being said, he will be 30 before you know it. How long will he play? Let's just say he plays until he's 38 years old. He will need to average about 50-60 points/year to get into the 500-600 point realm. He might be able to do it but I don't know considering his age and the Wings habit of spreading points around with only Dats and Z ever really being big point getters. Obviously Hossa will be a big point producer this year.

Man, if Franzen were just like 23 or 24 right now that would be something.

I was being generous with the pt projection, really just illustrating that even with that, total won't be that high.

How many points dows he have since the "hot streak" started last season? Didn't they say he has 39 goals in his last 50 games (incl playoffs)? That is a 64 goal season pace. He is a monster and would be a bargain (or steal) if he takes the hometown discount of $3M or less.

I was being generous with the pt projection, really just illustrating that even with that, total won't be that high.

Not HOF, but a career of five or six hundred points is pretty good. All things considered, however, I get your point, and have a hard time predicting when he might even get to 100 goals (hoping for late next season) given that he is somewhat prone to injury.

How many points dows he have since the "hot streak" started last season? Didn't they say he has 39 goals in his last 50 games (incl playoffs)? That is a 64 goal season pace. He is a monster and would be a bargain (or steal) if he takes the hometown discount of $3M or less.

Yes but he had nearly 3 months between to rest and recover from whatever injuries, nagging or serious, between seasons.

You can not take parts of one season add them to parts of another and get a whole season.

The facts are:

1- He is 29 in 2 weeks in his prime.

2- He has never posted anything higher than 38 points in the NHL.

3- He gets injured often, not always serious but he is often injured.

4- He is streaky, good for a couple of months, so so for a couple of months good for a couple of months.

5- He was a force to be reckoned with in the post season, until getting injured, then he was a good player in the post season.

Mule is not a Monster, Thornton, Iginla, Lecavalier, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Ovechkin these guys are monsters plus some others.

People on here amuse me, Mule is a monster because of a couple of good stretches, Sammy is a suckbag because he is inconsistent.

HUH

Well why is Mule not a suckbag because he is inconsistent or Sammy a Monster because of his good stretches?

OH that is right Mule isn't the whipping boy, sorry for the dumbass question.

Yes but he had nearly 3 months between to rest and recover from whatever injuries, nagging or serious, between seasons.

You can not take parts of one season add them to parts of another and get a whole season.

The facts are:

1- He is 29 in 2 weeks in his prime.

2- He has never posted anything higher than 38 points in the NHL.

3- He gets injured often, not always serious but he is often injured.

4- He is streaky, good for a couple of months, so so for a couple of months good for a couple of months.

5- He was a force to be reckoned with in the post season, until getting injured, then he was a good player in the post season.

Mule is not a Monster, Thornton, Iginla, Lecavalier, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Ovechkin these guys are monsters plus some others.

People on here amuse me, Mule is a monster because of a couple of good stretches, Sammy is a suckbag because he is inconsistent.

HUH

Well why is Mule not a suckbag because he is inconsistent or Sammy a Monster because of his good stretches?

OH that is right Mule isn't the whipping boy, sorry for the dumbass question.

because Mule actually scored 13 goals in 16 games when wings won their last cup.

because Mule actually scored 13 goals in 16 games when wings won their last cup.

And Sammy had 16 points in 22 games and the year before he had 11 points in 18.

What is your point?

Mule scores goals and Sammy gets assists, ok great point but dats gets way more assists than goals does that automatically make Z a better player?

The Mule is on the late bloomer plan.He came over at an age well past what you see in most draft picks.Took him a while to understand how well he could actually play against the rest of the league and now he gets it.I believe the man will continue on the goal scoring path he has blazed for himself.40 ish a year does not seem far fetched at all.