• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Smashville

Would you wear an Avalanche jersey?

Rate this topic

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No, I wouldn't wear any other NHL team. I only support one team.

But, I think its fair to wear any international jersey. It shows you respect the players talent more than your love of the country.

Edited by DYags

No, I wouldn't wear any other NHL team. I only support one team.

But, I think its fair to wear any international jersey. It shows you respect the players talent more than your love of the country.

Just to build on that, I'd suggest wearing a Team Canada jersey with Sakic on the back rather than anything bearing the Avs logo on it. He was and remains the only respectable thing about that team, very much like Stevie Y. No reason to not like him other than the fact that he played some of his best hockey against the Wings. Back then, it was easy to dislike players like Roy and Lemiuex not only for their play on the ice, but because they were a-holes off the ice too. You can't say that about Sakic.

No true Wings fan old enough to remember Lemieux, Roy, Foresburg, Sakic et al would ever wear an Avs jersey no matter how much the rivalry has gone down, and I agree it has. The votes yes are either not fans or kids.

While I only wear apparel of my favorite teams, I would consider wearing jerseys of other teams if I had to or forced to, and I've been a Wings fan since I started watching hockey when I was a teenager. I'm in my late 20s now. By default I'm not a kid anymore. I remember Lemieux, Roy, Forseberg, and Sakic. So I guess I'm not a true fan then?

Sorry, I'm not really one of these "You are or aren't a real fan" based on a list of criteria kinda people.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

:scared::scared:

I would rather mutually masturbate with Rosie O'Donnell, or watch all three Lord of the Rings movies in succession, than ever wear a divealanche jersey.

And you couldn't pay me off to do it, either.

And you admit to this on an open forum?

if you're going to insult them, at least do it right.

It's Avs NOT aves.

Thanks.

Can you post the link for abbreviating the Aves? :P

Sorry, I'm not really one of these "You are or aren't a real fan" based on a list of criteria kinda people.

amen

i love hockey, i am not narrowing it down to one specific team.... although my jersey collection and the 20+ wings jerseys does kinda lend to a more biased team out of the 30 exisiting.

But at Columbus games i will wear my Nash jersey everytime to the joe... and once i get my Kesler jersey i will be wearing that every time the Canucks play here

Edited by OsGOD

amen

i love hockey, i am not narrowing it down to one specific team.... although my jersey collection and the 20+ wings jerseys does kinda lend to a more biased team out of the 30 exisiting.

But at Columbus games i will wear my Nash jersey everytime to the joe... and once i get my Kesler jersey i will be wearing that every time the Canucks play here

I see your point about wearing other teams jerseys. But wearing other teams jerseys to game in which they're playing the Wings? Well, that's treason. Are you familiar with the term, blacklisted?

I wore an avs jersey one time in 2002 after i lost a regular season bet. It was a Patrick Waaaah jersey and it was awful I felt like a cheating *****. Thank god we ended up beating them in the playoffs and ultimately won the cup so the bastard who made me wear his waaaah jersey had to wear my wings jersey.

No true Wings fan old enough to remember Lemieux, Roy, Foresburg, Sakic et al would ever wear an Avs jersey no matter how much the rivalry has gone down, and I agree it has. The votes yes are either not fans or kids.

Beg to differ.

I'm 35, and was just as diehard of a Wings fan before and during the height of the rivalry as I am today. Not a real fan? Pish.

I collect jerseys. Mostly original six, but I've got no bones about picking up a jersey from any team with a number and name I like. I have no plans to, but I'd gladly pick up either a Sakic Avs jersey or a Selanne Ducks jersey. As for the rivalries, one half of having a great rivalry in place is respecting some portion of your enemy's game.

For example, as much as I hated every Avs player aside from Sakic leading up to and following the Draper hit, I sure as s*** respected their skills. Had they not been the second best team in the league, it would have made for a pretty boring rivalry. The same (almost) goes for the Ducks. I respect what they've accomplished and the level of talent on the team, even if I'd absolutely love the chance to sock Pronger in his gap toothed mug (and then run as fast as I can... he's BIG ;)).

Two of the favorite jerseys in my collection are Savard Blackhawks and Clark Leafs sweaters. Does that make you or me not a real fan since I'm old enough to remember when the Hawks and Leafs were our biggest rivals?

Bottom line: there is only one team I support and root for, but there is an entire sport I love. If you don't want to wear another team's colors, great, more power to ya... but don't knee jerk into homeristic jingoism by accusing me and others like me of being less of a Wings fan for not sharing your opinion.

Edited by Uncle Danny

Beg to differ.

I'm 35, and was just as diehard of a Wings fan before and during the height of the rivalry as I am today. Not a real fan? Pish.

I collect jerseys. Mostly original six, but I've got no bones about picking up a jersey from any team with a number and name I like. I have no plans to, but I'd gladly pick up either a Sakic Avs jersey or a Selanne Ducks jersey. As for the rivalries, one half of having a great rivalry in place is respecting some portion of your enemy's game.

Two of the favorite jerseys in my collection are Savard Blackhawks and Clark Leafs sweaters. Does that make you or me not a real fan since I'm old enough to remember when the Hawks and Leafs were our biggest rivals?

Welcome fellow collector!!! yeah i have a Forsberg Avs and a Mighty Ducks Selanne jersey.... haha among so many others i just wanted to say those because you mentioned the ducks selanne :)

I also have a #71 Clark wings jersey. haha oh baby yeah the true rivals before they moved the leafs... dem were da days!

Edited by OsGOD

Beg to differ.

For example, as much as I hated every Avs player aside from Sakic leading up to and following the Draper hit, I sure as s*** respected their skills. Had they not been the second best team in the league, it would have made for a pretty boring rivalry. The same (almost) goes for the Ducks. I respect what they've accomplished and the level of talent on the team, even if I'd absolutely love the chance to sock Pronger in his gap toothed mug (and then run as fast as I can... he's BIG ;)).

Bottom line: there is only one team I support and root for, but there is an entire sport I love. If you don't want to wear another team's colors, great, more power to ya... but don't knee jerk into homeristic jingoism by accusing me and others like me of being less of a Wings fan for not sharing your opinion.

Wonderfully stated.

NO! Under no circumstances. Not that I've never supported another team by wearing a different jersey, as like some other people on this thread have said I like to collect other NHL jerseys of teams I like. It sucks to be me as I live in the St. Louis area. So, I have wore other jerseys in the past just to piss off the local fans when I've been to different games. On my list of no no's besides the Crapalanche would be Montreal, St. Louis, Boston{I hate any team from there}and Anahymen. {mispelled on purpose}

It makes me young enough not to remember the times when they'd "play Toronto for nothing." Like I said.....12-year-olds have an excuse for not remembering the rivalry. And maybe it just so happens that a lot of us here, like me, were impressionable teenagers when the rivalry burst on the scene. I dunno, my degree isn't in psychology. All I know is that I'm a Wings fan first and a hockey fan second, and with that territory goes No Avs Jersey Ever in my mind.

Hell no

unless I wore a Sakic jersey to an avs game but have the name read SAKLIC. of course having a redwings jersey never far away.

I don't care if people say the rivalry is over or not. It's still alive and well to me. I can't stand the Avs, Ducks, Pens, or Blackhawks.

Never in my life. I would never wear a jersey from any other team in the NHL. Now, I could purchase a jersey from an Original Six team, but I wouldn't wear it. Ask a true Toronto fan if he/she would ever where a Montreal jersey, Montreal fan wearing a Boston jersey, Devils fan wearing a Rangers jersey, etc. Pshh, please! Unreal.

That's pretty surprising! But anyway,I can't wear any other teams jersey! And that's not only a Wings jersey I mean I could never wear like a Yankees jersey or a different baseball cap other than the old english D.I was born and raised in Hamtramck,I live in Clinton Township now but I always been a "Detroit city boy".Like when Steve Perry says "Born and raised in south Detroit" I can actually relate to that,lol.

I didn't think south detroit existed. I've always heard it applied to as East Side or West Side.

Well my son got a free Avs jersey as a promotion at the Avs-Lightning game last weekend (real Reebok NHL one too). He loves the Wings at an early age but I'll let him wear the Avs jersey - why not? We live in Denver afterall.

I caught a free Avs Tee-shirt too at the same game. While I will be entirely clad in Red at the Dec 27th game, I would definitely wear the tee-shirt to a non-wings Avs home game. After all, I need to do something to encourage them to win, so we can meet them in the playoffs again and steamroll...... ;)