who would wear a aves jersey, aves suk so hard lol

#62 Vincanni

Vincanni

SCORPION DEATH LOCK!

• Bronze Booster
  • 3,956 posts
  • Location:A dimly lit hallway where shadows of moths decorate the walls

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:47 PM

Unless you're a neoteric and/or a bandwagon fan and most likely missed the rivalry days, you have zero business wearing an Avs jersey.

I really have no problems with the team anymore, but the anathema remains. While I don't root against them I still find myself unable to root for them and I would never wear, buy, or own an Avs jersey.
God put me on earth to do a certain number of things. Right now I'm so far behind I'll never die.

#63 #19=Legend

#19=Legend

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (Vincanni @ December 4, 2008 - 11:47PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless you're a neoteric and/or a bandwagon fan and most likely missed the rivalry days, you have zero business wearing an Avs jersey.

I really have no problems with the team anymore, but the anathema remains. While I don't root against them I still find myself unable to root for them and I would never wear, buy, or own an Avs jersey.

exactly.
i hear alot of people on here say "the rivalry is over, let it go, blah blah"
but even if it is over. i will always remember the rivalry, and always hate that team.

#64 sjradio

sjradio

Now coaching GR

• Gold Booster
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 12:25 AM

I guess it would depend on the situation.

If I were freezing outside the pepsi center in a denver snowstorm and I was outside in a t-shirt. I would have the option of going inside and grabbing a rack full of avs jerseys.

Would I wear them and burn in hell., or die a slow cold death in a pile of snow and ice in Denver.

Hmm. At least I would get the chance to pick a comfortable pile of snow before I went.
Posted Image

#65 tiff_luvs_homer

tiff_luvs_homer

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (#1WingzFan @ December 4, 2008 - 11:14PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
who would wear a aves jersey, aves suk so hard lol

if you're going to insult them, at least do it right.

It's Avs NOT aves.

Thanks.

Thank you TeeMan for the awesome sig!

"I'm a bad skater, you know but I don't need this $hit" - Tomas Holmstrom

#66 NC WINGS FAN

NC WINGS FAN

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE (vladdy16 @ December 4, 2008 - 03:54PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The rivalry is dead. No big thing, especially if it were a Sakic jersey. And I'd certainly wear an Avs sweater before donning a Nashville jersey - that color doesn't do anything for anyone!

I agree, the rivalry is dead. They tried to hype it up in the media but it failed miserably because all of the guys we loved to hate have been gone for years. The rivalry's last stand was on May 24? 2002 when the Redwings handed the Avalanche a 7-0 knockout punch in game 7 that would send the Avs home and the Wings to yet another Stanley Cup victory. I really do not hate Colorado anymore partly b/c they are a great hockey/sports town unlike Anaheim. I have always liked Sakic as he has always reminded my of Yzerman in how he carries himself, very classy. That said, I would not consider wearing one of their jerseys.

#67 NC WINGS FAN

NC WINGS FAN

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:36 AM

The only way I would wear an Avalanche jersey is if I had to choose between that and a Ducks jersey. I used to hate the Avs but now would root for them in the playoffs against any California or Western Canada teams just like I did the Stars against San Jose last year.

#68 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:20 AM

I mean if you were a big fan during the rivalry, I don't understand why you would want to wear an Avs jersey. It just wouldn't feel right to me. But I don't see anything wrong with it. Especially if you are a newer fan, but then again I would hope you would realize that wearing an Avs jersey makes you look like a n00b and you'd stop. Kind of realizing the tradition and saying, hey, I look dumb doing this.

So should you feel this person is lame for wearing one? Justifiably, you could. It's a weird thing to do.

Edited by The Nephilim, 05 December 2008 - 02:22 AM.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#69 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:35 AM

i would never in my life wear anything with an av's logo on it. i hate the whole team, i sometimes think about moving to denver just to wear my wings s*** everywhere. i work with a sharks fan, and i put wings stuff all over her work station. she lost a bet to me, so she has a wings keychain. i will wear other nhl teams stuff (have a 80's-90's starter jacket collection with a handfull of nhl teams), just to get more people familiar with logos of nhl teams, but never will i wear ANYTHING av's. f_ck that team straight in their a_sholes!

#70 Holmstrom96Screens

Holmstrom96Screens

# 96

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE (Smashville @ December 4, 2008 - 05:18PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bear with me - not trying to troll...just coming to the experts. Having a discussion on a Predators board with a Wings fan. She says she's going to wear her Avs jersey to the game tonight.

So I beg the question - would any self-respecting Wings fan wear an Avs jersey at any point...or for that matter, own one?

Thats an interesting question. I think yes. I would, if I loved a player on the team enough. I've worn jerseys from other teams simply because I was a fan of one of their players.

#71 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (RainingBlood @ December 4, 2008 - 06:59PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I guess that makes me bad fan then huh cause I like to collect NHL jerseys.

Talk about taking something out of context. Never once did I say collecting jerseys of others teams makes you a bad fan. All I said is that *I* don't care/understand how fans of any team could by another teams' jersey. There are people out there that are fans of multiple teams, which I never really understood either unless they were originally a fan of one team and then their home market got an expansion team or something of the like. However, a collector is in a completely different ballgame so don't make it out like I'm attacking you because I personally would never buy another teams' apparel.

Get off your soapbox...I'm not trying to oppress you.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#72 Holmstrom96Screens

Holmstrom96Screens

# 96

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:11 AM

In the 90's I had a Nucks jersey because I was a huge fan of Pavel Bure so I had his jersey. I also own a Saku Koivu jersey and another canadiens jersey cause the Habs are my second fave team. So yeah, I'd have jerseys of other teams that arent the wings. and yeah, I'd even wear an avs jersey like i said. I don't dislike the avs, never did, but it really annoyed me when Claude Lemieux bashed Kris Draper and broke his jaw. Thats something I watched and will never forget. But Claude is a douchenozzle anyway so I am not one bit surprised.

well I have to add, Flyers, Leafs, Bruins and Ducks. I wouldnt wear one of their jerseys even if it was the last item of clothing available on the planet. I'd wrap myself in leaves instead. tongue.gif Even though I do really like some of the players on the teams, an example would be Lucic of boston and Selanne of the Ducks, but even my liking of them isnt enough to overcome my dislike for the team.

My dad who's a fan of the Montreal Canadiens (and a newfoundlander like me) said that he was going to bring home something of Boston's when Michael Ryder joined the team over the summer. I said, well you can, but I might not be able to be held responsible for my actions tongue.gif

Edited by Holmstrom96Screens, 05 December 2008 - 10:13 AM.

#73 Namingway

Namingway

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (sjradio @ December 4, 2008 - 10:25PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess it would depend on the situation.

If I were freezing outside the pepsi center in a denver snowstorm and I was outside in a t-shirt. I would have the option of going inside and grabbing a rack full of avs jerseys.

Would I wear them and burn in hell., or die a slow cold death in a pile of snow and ice in Denver.

Hmm. At least I would get the chance to pick a comfortable pile of snow before I went.

You forgot about another option, how about getting the rack of avs jerseys and making a nice bonfire to keep warm instead?
Then you wont have to burn in hell smile.gif

Also, it says "an Avalanche Jersey" people, not a Sakic jersey. Even then, how many Avs fans would wear an Yzerman Jersey today or back when Stevie was still playing? Prolly not many. Shame on the 17% of you guys that put 'yes'. I hope that most of you guys mistakenly put that thinking the question was "would you not wear an Avalanche Jersey?" There should be no excuses for any wings fan to be wearing an Avs jersey.

We've become too soft lol

Edited by Namingway, 05 December 2008 - 10:50 AM.

#74 cboth686

cboth686

Rookie

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:38 PM

ranting.gif
Ari, all Vince wants from Santa is a goalie wrapped in a Red Wings Uniform, why can't you make that happen?

#75 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:14 PM

I would wear mine to the Spits game because its the closest to their colors...

I love hockey and collect jerseys.. i would wear any teams jersey smile.gif

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#76 Lovin Jiri Fischer

Lovin Jiri Fischer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:36 PM

Jerseys are soooo expensive. If I was going to spend money on one, it better be a team that I actually like, aka Red Wings.

#77 DraperFan MN

DraperFan MN

Minnesota Wing Man

• HoF Booster
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (betterREDthandead @ December 4, 2008 - 06:20PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess The rivalry such as it was may be dead, but still: f*** the Avs.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you.
....Cheering for McCarty.

#78 DYags

DYags

WingedGunnerlHybrid

• PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:37 PM

No, I wouldn't wear any other NHL team. I only support one team.

But, I think its fair to wear any international jersey. It shows you respect the players talent more than your love of the country.

Edited by DYags, 05 December 2008 - 07:38 PM.

#79 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (DYags @ December 5, 2008 - 07:37PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, I wouldn't wear any other NHL team. I only support one team.

But, I think its fair to wear any international jersey. It shows you respect the players talent more than your love of the country.

Just to build on that, I'd suggest wearing a Team Canada jersey with Sakic on the back rather than anything bearing the Avs logo on it. He was and remains the only respectable thing about that team, very much like Stevie Y. No reason to not like him other than the fact that he played some of his best hockey against the Wings. Back then, it was easy to dislike players like Roy and Lemiuex not only for their play on the ice, but because they were a-holes off the ice too. You can't say that about Sakic.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#80 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:52 PM

I would never buy an Avs jersey, dead rivalry or not. I grew up watching those battles and see no reason for me to wear the Enemy.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.