Posted 05 December 2008 - 12:45 AM

#2 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:01 AM

Haha, love it.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#3 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:12 AM

well he got 4 assists in that game so he responded back in his own way.

#4 pjgj13

pjgj13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:14 AM

It is only a matter of time before his mom and dad petition the league to abolish hitting. He seems to be the player that gets knocked on his ass and then kick you. What a puss!

#5 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:02 AM

dont touch the golden boy!!

#6 adamic

adamic

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (MrSandMan @ December 5, 2008 - 02:38AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was fun to watch. I love watch Crosby get knocked around.

Me too. The way they talked about him last year. Like he was a god or something. I like Hossa better.

#7 The Mule

The Mule

A Nightmare on Helm Street

• Silver Booster
  • 1,962 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:18 AM

He's an incredible hockey player, there's no denying that, but almost everything about him irks me.

#8 Redwingsfan18

Redwingsfan18

Enemies, then teammates, now enemies again for the next 12 years

• Silver Booster
  • 404 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:24 AM

You all remember this hit. Thing of beauty

Edited by Redwingsfan18, 05 December 2008 - 02:24 AM.

In Kenny I trust.

#9 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:47 AM

He also has 15pts in his last 5 games - maybe getting hit improves his game.

Wow.
When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--

#10 CrossoverThrash

CrossoverThrash

Mine alien force overpower you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (Yzerfan1999 @ December 5, 2008 - 03:47AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He also has 15pts in his last 5 games - maybe getting hit improves his game.

Wow.

Did the penguins not lose last night? maybe crosby is just interested in his own personal stats

#11 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,873 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (CrossoverThrash @ December 5, 2008 - 07:40AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did the penguins not lose last night? maybe crosby is just interested in his own personal stats

So if he gets points, it's for his own personal stats and not to try and help his team win?

There's something kinda irritating about Crosby, but the level of hate here is idiotic. He's only interested in personal stats? He's the kind of guy who would get knocked down and kick you??

If that were Dats in that video people would be whining about how he's being targeted and cheering him for sticking up for himself. Crosby plays an all out game and isn't afraid to go into traffic. He's also one of the best players in the league. He's going to get knocked around a lot in his career.

EDIT: and honestly I kind of think he'd be less of a whiny ****** if the Pens had a coach who wasn't such a whiny ****** himself. It sets the tone. Imagine if Babcock coached Crosby. It's the difference between a coach who wants to climb the glass to beat the crap out of Tony Granato, and a coach who complains to the media over and over about non-calls when his team is getting outplayed in the Cup finals.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 05 December 2008 - 11:53 AM.

#12 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:52 AM

aww did dey hit widdle cindy?

Gary's Baby Boy is certainly a top flite prick, but Harold makes a good point. But, screw em.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#13 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Huckleberry?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:53 AM

Man Crosby is such a baby sometimes. You got hit, deal with it.

#14 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 12:05 PM

Delicious! Put that in a f***in' commercial NHL!!!
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#15 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 12:24 PM

Shame I missed that game. *raises a glass to the Rags*

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#16 zombiewing

zombiewing

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE (CrossoverThrash @ December 5, 2008 - 01:45AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know that it is unfair to compare players with those of different hockey eras, but I cannot remember a whinier goalscorer.

When I was younger, Guy La Fleur was the premier goal scorer, and he was not a bitchy whiner. Neither were the legendary Islanders scorers of the late 70's (see Bossy, et al.).
Jagr whined, but that was mostly about his contracts.

Really, I might be getting old and forgetful, but can anyone think of a whinier goalscorer/crybaby? Princess Paul?

As a side note, from a old defenseman's point of view (career beer leaguer here), it has GOT to feel great knocking him down. I would bet that those Rangers were high fiving about those hits in the room.
"Helm goes in quick...that's redundant..."

Ken kal 1.16.09

#17 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 12:31 PM

Did you see how close Crosby's skate came to his face on that dive? Yikes.

Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#18 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (CrossoverThrash @ December 5, 2008 - 09:40AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dude. Like him or not- 4 primary assists in a game is pretty impressive. We're not talking about empty net bs here- those are 4 goals HE set up. I'm no Crosby fan- but you can't argue with the fact that he's been amazing recently.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#19 CrossoverThrash

CrossoverThrash

Mine alien force overpower you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (Drake_Marcus @ December 5, 2008 - 01:39PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude. Like him or not- 4 primary assists in a game is pretty impressive. We're not talking about empty net bs here- those are 4 goals HE set up. I'm no Crosby fan- but you can't argue with the fact that he's been amazing recently.

i never said it wasn't good, im just saying hte penguins lost and crosby bitched... a lot

#20 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (CrossoverThrash @ December 5, 2008 - 02:48PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i never said it wasn't good, im just saying hte penguins lost and crosby bitched... a lot

I think it's complete BS like this that perpetuates the idiot, Crosby is a whiner talk, or he's a little *****. Firstly, the game against the Rangers, they lost, he had 1 assist, the game he had 4 assists was last nigh, which they won 5-2.

I'm not seeing the whining here. He was getting targeted (from an enforcer, which is kinda out of the ordinary), he keeps going into the situations to take more punishment and all he does it fight back against the guy that's been going at him all night, I'm really, really struggling to see the problem with this? Is this just baseless bashing because it's Crosby....no it can't be that, that wouldn't make sense around here. What would be the preferred approach here? Take a beating and ignore it and let some of his teammates fight his battles like most superstars would?.......hmmmm, I'm thinking he's get bashed more in that scenario, so again, perhaps it's bash Crosby no matter what he does, that seems to make the most sense.

I actually watched the Rangers game (well some of it, I missed the first period where most of the targetting was happening), but I did catch a between period interview where the guy asked him about all the attention and punishment he was receiving. Crosby's response was something along the lines of "no big deal, I deal with it every game".......are these whining comments?

I swear it gets really pathetic around here when it comes to this guy. It has gotten to the point that if you see video, or a picture of Crosby talking to a referee, there will be tons of people calling him a whiner, I just don't get it. I suppose as team captain, he should stay as far away from the officials as possible.