• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
IceMunkee

I just met Pavel Datsyuk!

Rate this topic

So I had to tell you all that I just had a wonderful experiance. I went with a friend to Hockeytown Authentics so he could get his girlfriend a Z jersey for Xmas. As we are walking through the store we walk past a very short man and two taller guys. All of which were speaking Russian, well at least that is what I know now. I said that is a strange little man to myself and turned around. None other then my favorite Red Wing is stanging there who obviously just noticed my noticing him and he smiled. So I said, Whats up Pavel! With my s*** eating Fan Boy grin. After about twenty minutes of not going up to him cause I was nervous, my friend and I walked over and shook his hand. We talked for probably 2 minutes. He was purchasing Red Wings Merchandise galore. I am talking stacks of t's, sweatshirts, hats and jackets of Red WIngs stuff. My buddy asked him if he was doing some christmas shopping and he said that he wants to see Red Wings stuff all over the place when he goes home to Russia! Ya'll know he is a joker and he was funny. So I bid him farewell and left. As soon as I got in the car I fumbled for my phone to call my wife and realized I had left it at the office. So I called a friend to get my wifes phone number and immediatly called her. I basically begged to return and buy a jersey and have him sign it for me. Eventually she let me and I did. He personalized it for me and everything! I have a picture in my friends phone that I will try to post. I am stoked and thought I would share my experiance.

That is so cool, i am just trying to understand how you do not know your wifes number thugh :) I have been with my gf for 3 years and she has drilled into me her number, 4 diffeent work numbers her sisters numbers her parents numbers and her friends numbers

So I had to tell you all that I just had a wonderful experiance. I went with a friend to Hockeytown Authentics so he could get his girlfriend a Z jersey for Xmas. As we are walking through the store we walk past a very short man and two taller guys. All of which were speaking Russian, well at least that is what I know now. I said that is a strange little man to myself and turned around. None other then my favorite Red Wing is stanging there who obviously just noticed my noticing him and he smiled. So I said, Whats up Pavel! With my s*** eating Fan Boy grin. After about twenty minutes of not going up to him cause I was nervous, my friend and I walked over and shook his hand. We talked for probably 2 minutes. He was purchasing Red Wings Merchandise galore. I am talking stacks of t's, sweatshirts, hats and jackets of Red WIngs stuff. My buddy asked him if he was doing some christmas shopping and he said that he wants to see Red Wings stuff all over the place when he goes home to Russia! Ya'll know he is a joker and he was funny. So I bid him farewell and left. As soon as I got in the car I fumbled for my phone to call my wife and realized I had left it at the office. So I called a friend to get my wifes phone number and immediatly called her. I basically begged to return and buy a jersey and have him sign it for me. Eventually she let me and I did. He personalized it for me and everything! I have a picture in my friends phone that I will try to post. I am stoked and thought I would share my experiance.

You don't know your wife's phone number? :P

Just kiddin I know how what you mean with cell phones learning numbers for us these days :lol:

Awesome story.... stories like these that sometimes make me wish I lived in the area :thumbup:

I would have Asked Him why he doesn't celebrate after scoring goals. And maybe Ask if he was influenced by the way Barry Sanders played.

(If One Person actually gets taht, I'll be shocked.)

And if they do, they'll get

- Pavel Datsyuk's Not Good!

I saw this thread earlier today and meant to respond. That is so cool, Munk! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, either. I am glad you got to meet Pasha. He's amongst the top players in my book, and has become my favorite this season on the Wings.

Funny, skilled, smart -- he's got it all.

Congrats!! :thumbup:

I saw this thread earlier today and meant to respond. That is so cool, Munk! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, either. I am glad you got to meet Pasha. He's amongst the top players in my book, and has become my favorite this season on the Wings.

Funny, skilled, smart -- he's got it all.

Congrats!! :thumbup:

I think my love for Dats is much like yours and Booster313's love for Dom! My friend thought I was a stalker cause I was giving alot of information on him that normal fans do not know

Wow, I really wish I lived closer to Detroit!

That's really cool that you met him, and it's even cooler that he was nice about it. It seems rare to find a celebrity willing to give a total stranger the time of day. But that's why Datsyuk is great, right?