• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dominator2005

Panthers ''looking'' to trade Horton

Rate this topic

- The Florida Panthers are trying to move winger Nathan Horton, who's making $4 million per season through to the 2012-13 season, "which could make him difficult to trade". Garrioch also believes" LW Rostislav Olesz and C Brett McLean can be had for a draft pick."

SPECTOR'S NOTE: You'll see Olesz and McLean moved before Horton, who the Panthers won't move unless he demands a trade. If the Panthers were to shop him you can bet his salary won't make him difficult to trade. This 23-year-old would be a superstar on a better team.

If this is true - if they really wants to trade Horton i say lets trade Flip + 3rd draft pick for him.

Guest Crymson
- The Florida Panthers are trying to move winger Nathan Horton, who's making $4 million per season through to the 2012-13 season, "which could make him difficult to trade". Garrioch also believes" LW Rostislav Olesz and C Brett McLean can be had for a draft pick."

SPECTOR'S NOTE: You'll see Olesz and McLean moved before Horton, who the Panthers won't move unless he demands a trade. If the Panthers were to shop him you can bet his salary won't make him difficult to trade. This 23-year-old would be a superstar on a better team.

If this is true - if they really wants to trade Horton i say lets trade Flip + 3rd draft pick for him.

Given that Horton has composed much of the Panthers` offense in the last three seasons, I suspect that the Panthers would be looking to receive some substantial offense in return. Filppula does not provide that.

Bouwmeester is going to go before Horton, Olesz or McLean do.

So you've establish a pecking order? That's nice. Doesn't mean hes not going to get traded though.

And a guy like McLean is a moot point. As a career AHLer, hes essentially a throw away.

One of my favourite players in the league, easily top 5 on my list. He is a gun and will be one of the leagues best players on a better team. What I would give to have him in Detroit...

Totally agree with you there. Hes a top fav of mine and I would love to see him in Detroit. Hes a great guy in real life too a little shy but not when he hits the ice. I worked in his quiet little hometown of Dunnville, Ontario. I like that he stands up for himself and teammates too it would bring a nice touch to the forwards in Detroit.

I would like to trade a player like Flip or Sammy but we would need to send at least both or some picks.

- Bill Watters claimed Panthers forward Nathan Horton is unhappy playing for Jacques Martin in Florida, even noting a rumor Horton might consider retiring but could give it another try after this season but preferably with another NHL team.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: As for Horton, playing under Jacques Martin wasn't such a bad idea for him when he re-signed a six-year, $4 million per season contract extension in 2007 with the Panthers. While the Panthers are considered a team in financial trouble and will likely lose Bouwmeester at the deadline, they have improved in recent weeks going 7-1-2 in their last ten games and are only two points out of a playoff berth. For a roster supposedly unhappy they've got a funny way of showing it.

http://spectorshockey.net/index.php?option...8&Itemid=55

Totally agree with you there. Hes a top fav of mine and I would love to see him in Detroit. Hes a great guy in real life too a little shy but not when he hits the ice. I worked in his quiet little hometown of Dunnville, Ontario. I like that he stands up for himself and teammates too it would bring a nice touch to the forwards in Detroit.

I would like to trade a player like Flip or Sammy but we would need to send at least both or some picks.

I would send Flip + Meech or Lebda + 2nd round for Horton

Filppula and a draft pick doesn't work. Thats only $3M in salary off the books and $4M added to the books. With the Red Wings in trouble with the cap, they would have to throw another roster player in the trade to offset the $4M cap hit they would be undertaking.

Filppula and a draft pick doesn't work. Thats only $3M in salary off the books and $4M added to the books. With the Red Wings in trouble with the cap, they would have to throw another roster player in the trade to offset the $4M cap hit they would be undertaking.

The Wings have about 400k in cap space. They could probably easily pawn Lebda for a pick to Florida or another team if Florida itself was interested in taking Filppula and the pick, but I dont think they would.

Horton joining Bouwmeester on the block?

TheFourthPeriod.com

While it's become almost public knowledge that Panthers will likely trade defenseman Jay Bouwmeester this season, it's now being reported that center Nathan Horton could also be on the outs.

On Saturday, CBC reported during its intermission break that like Bouwmeester, Horton is unhappy playing in Florida, prompting further speculation this week that the team might try to trade him.

Horton has four-years and $16 million left on his contract beyond this season, which might make him difficult to trade. However, teams are reportedly very interested in the 23-year-old.

Bouwmeester, meanwhile, is expected to be dealt before the March 4 trade deadline. There are a number of teams interested in a puck-moving defenseman, including the Boston Bruins, Ottawa Senators and Montreal Canadiens.

From the Editor: It was reported last season that Horton wasn't very happy playing in Florida, but he and his agent quickly denied that. I spoke to both and they told me the same thing. While I haven't spoken to either so far this season, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the Panthers decide to trade Horton. However, it would have to be one heck of a trade, and the Panthers would have to be getting one heck of a return. As for Bouwmeester, there isn't much to be said. He'll be moved, and we'll be waiting. -- David Pagnotta.

http://thefourthperiod.com/news/fla090109.html

I would really like to get horton. Trade Flip Sammuelsson and someone else. I doubt Florida will move him now. Theyre in the playoff hunt and I think Bouwmeester would be the first to go. He is also locked up long term for about 4.5 mil

Edited by cnot19