• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gnredwing

We need a goalie!

Rate this topic

I love Osgood and he was outstanding last spring, but the fact is he has been horrible this year and is not showing any signs of getting better. Conklin has looked pretty bad as well, so the Wings really need to go out and get a goalie, or atleast bring up Howard from the minors. How many more games can we be giving up 4 plus goals until it catches up with us. Maybe Hasek can un-retire again!

Guest Shoreline

The team needs to focus on the real problem, which is defense, before it can turn to goaltending. This team hasn't been up to par defensively, and it's actually pretty hard for me to tell if it's the goaltenders or the defense hanging them out to try. I've seen Ozzy and Conk countless times save the defense's ass, at the same time give up some bad ones as well. One thing is for sure, as many odd-man rushes, PKs, and losses to elite teams the Wings have had, I've seen it due to laziness (i.e. still in cup celebration mode), or bad defensive execution. No excuse for the collapses this team has had against good ones, and if it doesn't get better in the next month I say put a few defensemen on the trading block before throwing out the goalies.

I think talk of trade or getting rid of our goalies might be a little pre-mature, maybe scratching them for a game or two for some kind of a wake up call or something...im sure they both have 1-way contracts (and i dont feel like looking) so sending them to the minors is probably not in the cards but you are right about one thing...something definetly needs to be done...soon...

It's not the end of the world right now...As Osgod pointed out, we are still winning games. Maybe Ozzie is just slumping...or maybe he has lost a step. In any case it's not time time to push the panic button. WE WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. We have until the trade deadline for Ozzie and Conks AND the team to work out this goals against issue.

Does anyone know where Marc Lamothe is currently playing? :D

Seriously, though, I agree somewhat with this poster, because last year we at least had one goalie that was playing well, and that was the goalie that took us to the Cup.

This year we don't have that luxury because both goalies have sucked. The top goalies around the league will bail their team out no matter how bad the defense is playing. This year the Wings goalies haven't done much to bail the defense out when they make mistakes. We've had to outscore all our opponents.

Hey man. I totally agree with nothing you said. Actually this horrible, ridiculous, and distgusting thread should be merged or deleted because the OP really thought his opinion was so much differant then the other thousands exactly like it.

Mods.... Please Destroy!

Edited by IceMunkee

When the defence gets better, so will our goalies stats. The truth of the matter is half the goals we allow are goals that Luongo or Brodeur would have trouble with. Rebounds, giving up the slot, open guys on the points, behind the net, and over pursuing. Until it improves, the goalies stats wont. GAA is a team stat, and sv% is about saves, Detroit goalies dont have to make alot of saves to win, they just have to make the big ones.

/done

Im not saying trade or anything but Ive heard Edmonton would like to make a goal tender trade.

A certain someone played really good against San Jose the other night and had a nice playoff run a few years ago.

Not trying to start a rumour or anything just wondering what if.

Im not saying trade or anything but Ive heard Edmonton would like to make a goal tender trade.

A certain someone played really good against San Jose the other night and had a nice playoff run a few years ago.

Are you seriously recommending Roloson for Osgood. Please tell me your joking. What the hell is going on around here?!?! Honestly I think it is worse then the Hasek Hating last season....

Are you seriously recommending Roloson for Osgood. Please tell me your joking. What the hell is going on around here?!?! Honestly I think it is worse then the Hasek Hating last season....

Nope...nothing is worse than the Hasek hating...:)

Will someone please make a list of all the available goalies that Detroit could make a trade for? The goalie would have to fit in the pay structure and be better than what we already have. As well as who and what we have to give for our new savior in goal?

I always have to ask this question... If Ozzie is playing as bad as you say he is... and Roloson is playing as good as you say his

WHY THE f*** WOULD EDMONTON MAKE THE TRADE??????????

p.s. i know a certain person who had a really good playoff run LAST YEAR coming in as relief.... just sayin'

Edited by OsGOD

Demon Goalie is our solution

200px-MutantHockey001.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutant_League_Hockey

And in all seriousness, I will never understand right now why people want to bring up Howard. I have nothing against the guy personally, and yes goaltending for the Wings is struggling some, but why are there suggestions of bringing him up when, at least from what I have been reading in here, he can't even outplay the other goalie on the AHL Griffins team? That's just not a smart thing to suggest.

And for the record I hate threads like these.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

My goodness, every day there is a new thread about this crap.

The Red Wings do not need a new goalie. They already have two very good goalies. The defense needs to play at a much higher level. Ozzie can get better and so can Conklin, but they can only do so much without some intensity and focus from the defense. Jimmy Howard, an AHL goalie with minimal NHL experience, is not the answer to the problem. If two proven capable NHL goalies are being victimized by poor defensive play, Howard isn't going to help the cause. The Red Wings will fix the defensive issues or they can count on plenty of golf next spring.

18-4-4 for all the panickers. Things really aren't all that bad.

Jeez, they are 18-4-4 and you guys rag on the goalies, If I recall it was Conklin that made some big saves last night to keep the game in reach when the defence looked brutal and couldn't get the puck out of our end in the second. And as the old saying goes don't let the next one in and after the WIngs fell behind 4-2 he didn't and looked pretty good in the shootout last night too. Ozzie will bounce back, goaltending will be a non issue once playoffs start.

Edited by sether

Jeez, they are 18-4-4 and you guys rag on the goalies, If I recall it was Conklin that made some big saves last night to keep the game in reach when the defence looked brutal and couldn't get the puck out of our end in the second. And as the old saying goes don't let the next one in and after the WIngs fell behind 4-2 he didn't and looked pretty good in the shootout last night too. Ozzie will bounce back, goaltending will be a non issue once playoffs start.

This is LGW.com. Everything is an issue ALL the time.