• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

Which player in the NHL would wanna play for detroit the most?

Rate this topic

Someone mentioned Ryan Miller the other day (well, actually, he gets mentioned a lot). Michigan boy, I would think he would like to wear a winged wheel.

I saw Ryan Miller at an East Lansing B'dubs when the Wings eliminated Colorado this past playoffs. I said something about how awesome the score was at the time and he said he was rooting for Colorado because Liles and him played at State together. I asked about him being from Michigan and he said growing up he wasn't a really big Wings fan and didn't feel any connection to them. So after that I dismissed all the rumors about how he was gonna become a FA to sign with the Wings. He then signed an extension with the Sabres this summer.

If he wanted to wear the Winged Wheel he wouldn't have signed the extension.

Guest mindfly

Rolston could have signed here during FA if he wanted to but wings couldnt provide the money so he picked NJ instead.. guess he didnt wanna play that badly for the wings after all

Boogaard, McGrattan, Parker, Brashear, Orr,.....you get the idea. :D

And no, I don't care if none of these guys have any talent whatsoever.

Or... You can get the best of both worlds and get Lucic. :)

Guest mindfly

No way Crosby would wanna play here after the defeat last year, he is probably a penguins for life.

No way Crosby would wanna play here after the defeat last year, he is probably a penguins for life.

Rick Nash, Ovechkin... any young talent that would like to win a Cup. I even think Crosby would've considered us if he had the option.

Avery and Phaneuf,maybe they can share rooms on the road.

:lol: quality post.

In all honesty, I can really only think of two players off the top of my head. That would be the MOST.

Chris Drury - Hometown boy, grew up playing hockey in the same rink I did. So he is a given.

Bobby Ryan - Yes, this seems rather weird and obscure, however, we share the same last name. And it would be so SICK to have a legit Red Wings jersey with my last name on it, and not have it be one of those lame customized jerseys. (This also goes for: Ben Ryan(NSH), Billy Ryan(NYR), and Michael Ryan(CAR))

Though the last three are less likely since they are mostly prospects.

No idea. Instead, here are ten players I wish were Detroit Red Wings:

1. Milan Lucic

2. Rick Nash

3. Derek Boogaard

4. Henrik Lundqvist

5. Pekka Rinne

6. Brad Boyes

7. Dominic Moore

8. Niklas Hagman

9. Marc Savard

10. Dustin Brown

Just to put an interesting spin on this topic, how about Darren Helm? He has to be wondering what else he needs to prove in GR before he gets a full-time spot on the big team.

Just to put an interesting spin on this topic, how about Darren Helm? He has to be wondering what else he needs to prove in GR before he gets a full-time spot on the big team.

He's been given nothing but continuous praise from both Babcock and Holland, I'm sure, and I'm fairly certain that both of the aforementioned have made it quite clear to him that, assuming all goes as planned, he will be a Red Wing come next season.

He's been given nothing but continuous praise from both Babcock and Holland, I'm sure, and I'm fairly certain that both of the aforementioned have made it quite clear to him that, assuming all goes as planned, he will be a Red Wing come next season.

True enough, but I doubt that would make it any less frustrating. To his credit, he doesn't let it get him down and he continues to play his heart out at GR.