• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

under_par_00

Isnt it easy to see?

Rate this topic

You watch too much of San Jose... The play-off is where you are going to see thta "angry" Red Wings team.

The reason the Wings have lost in the first round a few times is that mentality right there. They coast into the playoffs on crusie control and try to turn it on in game one. Its really tuff to just turn it on. It takes a while to ramp up if you are not already there. Meanwhile, we play the 8th seed whose been ramped up like wildcats because they have been playing for their lives trying to make the palyoffs the last 8 weeks of the season. They are already at playoff speed and we have to get warmed up and before you know, they've beaten us 4 games before we could get our s*** together.

Proof mindfly has been following the NHL for all of about 6 months.

TBH theres more to it than just home advantage, you get the last line change as well. With this in mind you can match the lineups alot better when you know the players the opposition is putting out for the next shift.

If it was so useless why have the Pres???

So most of you guys don't care what the product on the ice is for the regular season? Most of you would rather have the griffins play the regular season and save our stars for the playoffs? Did it ever occur to you that they are getting paid millions of dollars to play 82+ games and give it their best each and every shift to ENTERTAIN US? Do you even watch the games during the regular season or do you just check the box scores the next morning?

The Wings are taking it easy out there. Most havn't been finishing checks, or going hard every shift. Where are all of Kronwall's hits? He had almost one huge hit per game in the playoffs. The team is still getting the job done, and I think they are going to stop laying off when it really matters.

If you watch San Jose, they are going hard every shift, finishing checks and doing what it takes to dominate.

What do you think?

s***. People used to stay "on topic" around here in the past. Seems to me the original post was about how the Wings may be taking it easy right now to avoid injuries. We've got almost 2 pages of commentary that has nothing to do with the topic. If you don't want to discuss the topic, why not start another thread? Or, maybe post in one of the other threads on the same few topics around here. When you see a thread that has 25 pages, you know it's going to touch all the buttons: goalies, defense, enforcer, lazy and sux, blah, blah, blah. If a thread dies after 3-4 pages it's because it's been discussed thoroughly , and it's supposed to die a natural death. Let's raise the bar a little here, folks and clean it up some. This is a really cool site, but you should see it when folks stay on topic. Yeah, yeah, yeah...I hear it..."so who's this HOCKEY MATTERS think he is anyway?". Nobody special. I just remember when things were different. Still had flaming and some crazy arguements but the threads were better.

Edited by HOCKEY MATTERS

if we don't have the presidents trophy this season it will be much easier to swallow watching this bunch of 18-4-4 washed up no good scrubs getting booted in the first round 4-straight!

as its been said as long as you have the highest seed in each round you have home ice... President trophy guarantees that, but it is not NEEDED either.

s***. People used to stay "on topic" around here in the past. Seems to me the original post was about how the Wings may be taking it easy right now to avoid injuries. We've got almost 2 pages of commentary that has nothing to do with the topic. If you don't want to discuss the topic, why not start another thread? Or, maybe post in one of the other threads on the same few topics around here. When you see a thread that has 25 pages, you know it's going to touch all the buttons: goalies, defense, enforcer, lazy and sux, blah, blah, blah. If a thread dies after 3-4 pages it's because it's been discussed thoroughly , and it's supposed to die a natural death. Let's raise the bar a little here, folks and clean it up some. This is a really cool site, but you should see it when folks stay on topic. Yeah, yeah, yeah...I hear it..."so who's this HOCKEY MATTERS think he is anyway?". Nobody special. I just remember when things were different. Still had flaming and some crazy arguements but the threads were better.

As you stray completely from the topic...

It's really just a bit of cup hangover where they're having a hard time getting ramped up for games. The scary this is that we're still winning and pretty much coasting along on the amount of skill we have. Once they kick it into gear, we should see shades of last year's domination.

As you stray completely from the topic...

Yeah, you're right. I was just trying to bring it back on topic...but had to go out in left field to do it. Catch 22. It's ok, though. It will more than likely be ignored anyway. Life goes on.

If you can't find any tissues, there is old toilet paper in the can that should have a clean side you can use. You must be wearing a perfect little blouse and I'd hate to see it get all snot stained.

If you can't find any tissues, there is old toilet paper in the can that should have a clean side you can use. You must be wearing a perfect little blouse and I'd hate to see it get all snot stained.

wow. you're funny. lot of class too. can i be on your "friends" list?

I bet Altlanta or Tampa would love our lazy no good team.

Had to chuckle at this one. I'm a Detroit area native who's followed the Wings since about 1960.... but I have lived in Atlanta since 1996. Still make it to the occasional Wings games at the Joe including twice in the playoffs last year. Since I love NHL hockey I have become a Thrashers season ticket holder.... I know, I know.... but as I said I love hockey.

As Wings fans, we are truly spoiled..... at least the last 12-15 year or so. (I remember the Dead Wings of the 70s, too)..... Trust me you would not want to be a Thrashers fan..... it's truly painful to watch, both the team and the ownership and front office. Uggghhh. When I just can't take it anymore, I watch the Wings for my fix of good hockey / good team / good ownership / good GM .... well you get the idea.

I occasionally visit this board (as a Wings fan not as some Atlanta troll) and I have to laugh....sometimes this board sounds like the Thrashers board - you would think the Wings were in 29th place in the league :-)

Anyway, just wanted to offer some perspective as long time Wings fan who also has another "adopted" team..... when you get down on the Wings, just remember, you could be a Thrashers fan !!!!

Go Wings !

Yeah, you're right. I was just trying to bring it back on topic...but had to go out in left field to do it. Catch 22. It's ok, though. It will more than likely be ignored anyway. Life goes on.

Such is life. I said it as a joke but hey trying to get LGW on topic is like trying to get a snowman family to live in the desert.

I would say the exact opposite. We all know the Wings are a top 3 team in the West when the playoffs begins, and thats when it matters. And thats where we need the Kronwallian Open Icers!

If he did it more over the course of the season he would get more worn out and more prone to injury.

You said the exact same thing he said. He said wait until April when it matters the most.

It's really just a bit of cup hangover where they're having a hard time getting ramped up for games. The scary this is that we're still winning and pretty much coasting along on the amount of skill we have. Once they kick it into gear, we should see shades of last year's domination.

Reality Check. Thats exactly what we did in 2003. And 2004. And 2006. Welcome to the Jungle.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. You don't just "turn it on" once the playoffs roll around. It seems our memories are awfully short. This team has a history of coasting through the regular season on talent and hitting a wall during the playoffs when they face a team whose hunger and motivation far and above outrun ours. Anaheim? Calgary? Edmonton? Those teams had slightly above average talent and an assload of desire. We had a little desire, and a ton of talent. Need I remind you who won?

Fact of the matter is, last year we were dominating games AND playing like a team, playing tough defense, playing balls to the wall every night. And what happened? We won the cup. Now some of you think we can just take time off until April yet get the same results? Wrong. There are teams out there that have a ton of talent AND a ton of desire. And almost every night, they play like its the playoffs. San Jose and Boston will roll us over in the playoffs if things don't change relatively soon.

Reality Check. Thats exactly what we did in 2003. And 2004. And 2006. Welcome to the Jungle.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. You don't just "turn it on" once the playoffs roll around. It seems our memories are awfully short. This team has a history of coasting through the regular season on talent and hitting a wall during the playoffs when they face a team whose hunger and motivation far and above outrun ours. Anaheim? Calgary? Edmonton? Those teams had slightly above average talent and an assload of desire. We had a little desire, and a ton of talent. Need I remind you who won?

Fact of the matter is, last year we were dominating games AND playing like a team, playing tough defense, playing balls to the wall every night. And what happened? We won the cup. Now some of you think we can just take time off until April yet get the same results? Wrong. There are teams out there that have a ton of talent AND a ton of desire. And almost every night, they play like its the playoffs. San Jose and Boston will roll us over in the playoffs if things don't change relatively soon.

You assumed a whole lot out of what I said. People on here complain about certain parts of the team that are the problem, or a small area that is the reason why were losing some games. All I meant is that they're just not completely into the games at the moment and once they regain that drive we should see play similar to last year. At no point did I say anything about waiting until the playoffs to gain that, or that we could coast the rest of the season and be fine in the playoffs.

TBH theres more to it than just home advantage, you get the last line change as well. With this in mind you can match the lineups alot better when you know the players the opposition is putting out for the next shift.

If it was so useless why have the Pres???

Yes last line change and last stick on the ice. Big deal. If your coach is Dave Lewis, then line-matching ain't so advantageous lol. The better team should win over seven games.

I don't quite understand what you meant by the last line so forgive me if I've missed your point but if the Presidents Trophy was so important why does it rarely translate to playoff success?

I've just watched too many road teams win in the playoffs to care about coming 1st or 2nd.

Edited by Doggy

if the Presidents Trophy was so important why does it rarely translate to playoff success?

Because the odds are still heavily stacked against you. ;)

Home ice is nice to have and I'd rather have it then not. It goes without saying that you can win without it, and that you need to be able to win on the road regardless.

Because the odds are still heavily stacked against you. ;)

Home ice is nice to have and I'd rather have it then not. It goes without saying that you can win without it, and that you need to be able to win on the road regardless.

Agreed.