• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

under_par_00

Isnt it easy to see?

Rate this topic

The Wings are taking it easy out there. Most havn't been finishing checks, or going hard every shift. Where are all of Kronwall's hits? He had almost one huge hit per game in the playoffs. The team is still getting the job done, and I think they are going to stop laying off when it really matters.

If you watch San Jose, they are going hard every shift, finishing checks and doing what it takes to dominate.

What do you think?

You watch too much of San Jose... The play-off is where you are going to see thta "angry" Red Wings team.

Ive only seen a few games, the Edmonton one on HNIC, vs the Wings, and 1 or 2 others.

Edited by under_par_00

Guest mindfly

Red wings should aim for the president trophy though, home advantage during the whole playoffs is worth ALOT...

this is how things go... it's not easy to get fired up 100% when you've won it all the year before. they know what they need to do, they know what precautions they need to take... they'll be fine come April.

I'd much rather see Kronwall lay off the big hits through the regular season to shield himself from injury... then in the playoffs, it's a different game.

Red wings should aim for the president trophy though, home advantage during the whole playoffs is worth ALOT...

I'm ok with 2nd or 3rd,let someone else be the favorite.

this is how things go... it's not easy to get fired up 100% when you've won it all the year before. they know what they need to do, they know what precautions they need to take... they'll be fine come April.

I'd much rather see Kronwall lay off the big hits through the regular season to shield himself from injury... then in the playoffs, it's a different game.

I would say the exact opposite. We all know the Wings are a top 3 team in the West when the playoffs begins, and thats when it matters. And thats where we need the Kronwallian Open Icers!

If he did it more over the course of the season he would get more worn out and more prone to injury.

One of the perks of winning the Cup is the next regular season you don't have to "balls to the wall" for the first 40-50 games. I guarantee you once we get around that time, the Wings will play fierce hockey straight to the end and take home the Cup.

Where are all of Kronwall's hits? He had almost one huge hit per game in the playoffs.

The thing about Kronwall, and even Stuart, is that they are trying to pick their spots better. Kronwall has said repeatedly he doesn't spend a game running around trying to knock people around, but if the hit is there, he'll take it.

Of course, when the playoffs roll around he's a lot more willing to dish them out.

Proof mindfly has been following the NHL for all of about 6 months.

Proof mindfly has been following the NHL for all of about 6 months.

I'll be the first to say that Mindfly has said some silly things but you could argue that home ice advantage won the Cup for the Wings last year. Still im ok with 2nd or 3rd this season

Guest mindfly

Australia, just go away?

It's nice for the team to fly to westcoast, play san jose at that time of year.. .not

Edited by mindfly

Australia, just go away?

It's nice for the team to fly to westcoast, play san jose at that time of year.. .not

I'm not sure why you mentioned my country but in case you didn't know, in the playoffs both teams have the same travel schedule. Home-ice means next to nothing in the playoffs. Most recent champs have overcome it. Detroit and Carolina are the only ones I can think of that didn't have to.

I'll be the first to say that Mindfly has said some silly things but you could argue that home ice advantage won the Cup for the Wings last year. Still im ok with 2nd or 3rd this season

The thing is, we won every series on the road.

Home-ice means next to nothing in the playoffs. Most recent champs have overcome it. Detroit and Carolina are the only ones I can think of that didn't have to.

While it is true that most Cup Champs have overcome home ice advantage the it does not mean next to nothing. In fact the home team has won 55.4% of the games over the last three seasons. That is a fairly significant swing (10.8%).

The thing is, we won every series on the road.

True we won on the road but took a lot of pressure off of the Wings to know that even if they lost they got to go home again and play there. But yeah, the Wings are good enough to win without home ice.

Guest CaliWingsNut
I'm not sure why you mentioned my country but in case you didn't know, in the playoffs both teams have the same travel schedule. Home-ice means next to nothing in the playoffs. Most recent champs have overcome it. Detroit and Carolina are the only ones I can think of that didn't have to.

heh... When Detroit has locked up the pres. trophy so many times recently.... others have to in order to win.

While it is true that most Cup Champs have overcome home ice advantage the it does not mean next to nothing. In fact the home team has won 55.4% of the games over the last three seasons. That is a fairly significant swing (10.8%).

Keep in mind, I'm talking about the playoffs. Home ice is much more of a factor in the regular season due to travel schedules. That is not the case in the playoffs. I've no doubt the home team's win% is similar or even greater than that in the playoffs but I think that'd probably have more to do with the home team actually being the better team most of the time.

heh... When Detroit has locked up the pres. trophy so many times recently.... others have to in order to win.

They don't when the Presidents Trophy bombs out in the early rounds.