• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DatsyukownzU13

How Would You React?

Rate this topic

If Homer would be ok with it, I would be. Otherwise, f*** that guy.

Not only would I not care if Homer would be upset (winning cures a lot of problems), but I wouldn’t blink if he was traded for Pronger. I’d trade Rex, Homer and Lebda for Pronger.

That video posted of Cheli is much worse than Pronger’s hit on Homer. In fact, I think it’s worse than anything I’ve seen Pronger do. Another great example is how Kozlov wrecked Stevens.

Think of the time when we signed Hatch. he was supposed to be the Second Coming... ended up being exposed as a pylon.

Pronger might be a prick, but he's still a darn good player. However, I doubt that he'd fit into our scheme. The current Wings just don't have the type of forecheck Anaheim employs. Pronger would probably break his ankles trying to keep up.

If Lilja can keep up with the system, Pronger would have no problem. We could argue all day about Lilja being able to keep up or not. But Pronger is a much better skater than you give him credit for.

Huh? Pronger's +/- is 0 and he has 18 points. Lidstrom's is +8 and he has 18 points and Lidstrom is playing on a team that is 25th in GAA.

What kind of koolaide are you drinking?

Its not what Im drinking, its what Im watching. You can talk about numbers all day, and I'll talk about hockey. Any HOCKEY fan who watches the game without the homer glasses knows Pronger is playing better than Lidstrom is right now and its not even close.

Those of you saying that Chelios wasn't a dirty player should probably not comment about him, because you probably never saw him play during his younger years. Chelios had some really, really nasty plays that he used on a regular basis. He was regarded as a dirty player during a team where dirty play was allowed to slide much more than it is now.

The comparison to Chelios and Pronger is incredibly solid.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

Those of you saying that Chelios wasn't a dirty player should probably not comment about him, because you probably never saw him play during his younger years. Chelios had some really, really nasty plays that he used on a regular basis. He was regarded as a dirty player during a team where dirty play was allowed to slide much more than it is now.

The comparison to Chelios and Pronger is incredibly solid.

I can agree with this because Cheli was most certainly a dirty player in his early days for sure. However I grew up in Arizona with extremely little hockey coverage and Cheli was drafted the year I was born... so I missed out on most of his antics other than youtube.

But I can honestly say I'd be super pissed if Pronger came here. I will not dispute his on ice ability and the value he'd instantly add to the team, but he is one of my all time top hated players.

Just like I'd never want the turtle on the wings, I didn't want Hatcher (didn't cheer for him as a Wing), dont want Steve Downie, etc. Certain players I just don't like or respect and could not stomach cheering for them. Pronger is at the top of that list.

I stand corrected on Chelios, that hit was basically the same as Pronger, though I don't know what led up to it. I do know it was 20 years ago, and Cheli hasn't made dirty plays like that in a long time. Not saying he hasn't made any dirty plays, but none like that, and the fact that you had to dig up a 20 year old clip supports that. I'm sure I would have felt the same about Cheli if I was watching hockey back when he became a Wing.

Also I like hockey fights, I just don't like dirty hits with intent to injure.

Still don't want Pronger here.

Appreciate you taking the time to dig that clip up and the stats Harold. You are one of the few people that contribute knowledge to this board and don't just call people names that don't agree with you.

If Proger were a Wing, I would no longer be a fan.

Yes, it's about the logo on the front over the name on the back, but hiring Pronger would be a shift so fundamental in how they play- hiring a pure goon instead of trying to be above that- that I simply couldn't countenance it.

I agree, plus what would that do for all of our other defensemen, would pronger be on the 1st line with Lidstrom. Rafalski with Kronwall or Stuart?

Not gonna lie, I'd love to have Pronger on the Wings, minus the goonery.

Bingo. That's the only problem I have with the guy, don't cheapshot ppl while wearing the winged wheel, we don't need any stains on it. Not saying don't be physical, but just don't end up in a discussion about whether or not you shouldda been suspended or something.

I hate Pronger with a passion but I would love to see him with the Wings. He is a fantastic player and has an element the Wings are missing right now. He is not a one dimensional enforcer but he can and does throw his weight around. Yeah, he is dirty but like everyone mentioned so was Chelios. I would say that Chelios was even dirtier than Pronger in his prime. So if the Wings signed Pronger I would be ecstatic. For one the Wings would not have to face him anymore and more importantly they would have another top 5 defenesman who also happens to be a physical presence.

Its not what Im drinking, its what Im watching. You can talk about numbers all day, and I'll talk about hockey. Any HOCKEY fan who watches the game without the homer glasses knows Pronger is playing better than Lidstrom is right now and its not even close.

First off let me say that I agree with you 100% Cheli in his younger days played far dirtier than Pronger ever has, Pronger has a propensity for more violent actions, but Cheli was slue footing, butt-ending, cross checking, slashing, spearing, the guy was a menace every shift, not just every couple of games.

But I would say Pronger and Lids are at about the same level right now, 3 weeks ago, Pronger is out performing Lids, no question. Lids is rounding back into his form, playing at a level with Pronger is no insult to Lids, that is a damn fined defenseman. But I wouldn't say Pronger right now is playing better than Lids, he is not even having a better season. He was just playing better than him for a couple of weeks/months as it were!

Having said that, if you are going to use the "you must not be watching the games or you are a homer" argument with just about everyone who disagrees with you, you should at least give GS&T credit as he was the innovator of that defense!

Edited by Opie