• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mikhailov

Johan Franzen and the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Rate this topic

Mmmm, Hossa for $8 - $9 mil or Hank for $7 - $7.5 mil ?

Bye Hossa!

Mmmm, Hank has a history of back problems.

Uhhhh, buuu bye Z, thanks for the memories.

Guest CaliWingsNut
Uh, trading our best forward is probably not the best idea.

Holland has, in any event, said that he will not be trading Zetterberg, Franzen or Hossa at the deadline.

Link / Source?

That last quote on the pens fan board makes me laugh. Kenny has shown time and time again that he can work wonders and its a known fact that Detroit has one if not the best scouting system in the league so I dont see us being in trouble. I have little worries about next offseason because Zetterberg will get his big contract of $7-8M/season range, I love Hossa but I cant see him staying if Z gets his contract. Even with Hossa gone we won the cup without him.

Franzen will get a decent contract even if we have to make a minor trade to free cap space. We have plenty of young prospects that are ready to go and I would love to see in the system. The other UFA's are not as important (Chelios, Kopecky, and Sammy). Hudler I have grown to love but I am not sure we can afford Z,Huds, and Franzen. Possibly a new defensive look to free space? Besides Lids and Rafalski I wouldnt mind seeing some D moved around and possibly giving Meech, Ericsson, or Kindl a big shot at a main roster spot.

Guest MrSandMan
Mmmm, Hank has a history of back problems.

Uhhhh, buuu bye Z, thanks for the memories.

You're a lame fan. Sure glad Holland has more sense, gratitude and loyalty than you.

Run along....

Guest MrSandMan
That last quote on the pens fan board makes me laugh. Kenny has shown time and time again that he can work wonders and its a known fact that Detroit has one if not the best scouting system in the league so I dont see us being in trouble. I have little worries about next offseason because Zetterberg will get his big contract of $7-8M/season range, I love Hossa but I cant see him staying if Z gets his contract. Even with Hossa gone we won the cup without him.

Franzen will get a decent contract even if we have to make a minor trade to free cap space. We have plenty of young prospects that are ready to go and I would love to see in the system. The other UFA's are not as important (Chelios, Kopecky, and Sammy). Hudler I have grown to love but I am not sure we can afford Z,Huds, and Franzen. Possibly a new defensive look to free space? Besides Lids and Rafalski I wouldnt mind seeing some D moved around and possibly giving Meech, Ericsson, or Kindl a big shot at a main roster spot.

I agree on every point. I would love to see Hudler stay and I'm sure Holland can get it done along with Franzen and Zetterberg.

WE have so much depth and young talent that we can move the aforementioned guys in your post along with, perhaps, Malts and Lebda (not sure if that frees up much). I do, however, like the way Lilja is playing this year, wow!

I have this sick thought in my head that Zetterberg gets signed to $6.5 - $7 mil just because he isn't greedy and is a team player. Who knows/

If the Pens get Franzen out of all of this, I'll definitely be disappointed, but I won't lose any sleep over it so long as I think in terms of "Franzen for Hossa and Conklin". That almost makes me smile, actually.

Anyway, now that I've seen how Hossa plays with us, I can't stand thinking of losing him. I would rather have him over Franzen, and I've been debating on whether I would prefer him to Zetterberg also.

It is so cute that Pens fans think we are a rivalry.

This would actually be a good thing. However, I don't see it happening since the two teams are in different conferences and will probably meet only once per year for the foreseeable future. If both teams make the SCF again this year, it could get interesting, but the likelihood of that happening is not great.

The Wings could use a good rival - please not the Ducks and the Sharks potential rivalry never seems to materialize, the Avs are going downhill, the Hawks are a distinct possibility for the near future - I'd be OK with a Pens rivalry - as long as we keep winning. :rolleyes:

If the Pens get Franzen out of all of this, I'll definitely be disappointed, but I won't lose any sleep over it so long as I think in terms of "Franzen for Hossa and Conklin". That almost makes me smile, actually.

Anyway, now that I've seen how Hossa plays with us, I can't stand thinking of losing him. I would rather have him over Franzen, and I've been debating on whether I would prefer him to Zetterberg also.

After watching Zetterberg and Franzen bail us out major tonight, I don't see how keeping Hossa over either would be productive. Assume they sign Zetterberg, Hossa will want at least the same. Franzen on the other hand will probably only get 4 million, leaving 3-4 million to sign Hudler and Sammy. Keeping both Zetterberg and Hossa seems impossible, they'll have zero money to even fill roster spots. Zetterberg > Hossa, any day.

This would actually be a good thing. However, I don't see it happening since the two teams are in different conferences and will probably meet only once per year for the foreseeable future. If both teams make the SCF again this year, it could get interesting, but the likelihood of that happening is not great.

The Wings could use a good rival - please not the Ducks and the Sharks potential rivalry never seems to materialize, the Avs are going downhill, the Hawks are a distinct possibility for the near future - I'd be OK with a Pens rivalry - as long as we keep winning. :rolleyes:

I can possibly see the Hawks becoming a great rivalry in the near future. They have a very talented team...

I always enjoy watching people call strangers "tools" and such. Anyhow, Hossa will be gone next year after he gets his ring. Getting rid of Z would be just like getting rid of Y. He's the hardest worker and Babcock's favorite player behind Lindstrom. We did win the cup. Without Zet Lid Dat and Fran we wouldn't have made it to the finals.

Guest MrSandMan

I was drunk.

Nevermind, I don't drink anymore.

That said, it's disgraceful that anyone would want to leave Zetterberg out to dry for a Hossa. Zetter holds more value to this team than Hossa will be to any team.

I'm not dissing Hossa, he's a great player, he's a thoroughbred. But Z is the heart of this team.

Can you imagine all the other team fans think when they read this Z vs Hossa thread? - Dats and Zetter have the best chemistry in the game, they are the best line in NHL. You don't throw that away for a rent-a-player when you have a salary cap.

I was drunk.

Nevermind, I don't drink anymore.

That said, it's disgraceful that anyone would want to leave Zetterberg out to dry for a Hossa. Zetter holds more value to this team than Hossa will be to any team.

I'm not dissing Hossa, he's a great player, he's a thoroughbred. But Z is the heart of this team.

Can you imagine all the other team fans think when they read this Z vs Hossa thread? - Dats and Zetter have the best chemistry in the game, they are the best line in NHL. You don't throw that away for a rent-a-player when you have a salary cap.

See, I disagree. I am not saying nor will I ever say that Z is not important to the team. The heart though, not so sure. Maybe a valve of the heart but the whole heart? It is not a loyalty thing or maybe it is, as soon as Hossa became a Wings I was loyal to him as any other wing. I like to think my loyalty is more towards the winged wheel then any individual player. I just think Hossa is slightly better then Z and if I had to chose Z/Mule or Hossa/Mule I would choose the ladder. Idealy I would keep Hank and Hossa, or all three. I am just putting a bit of logic in my thoughts. The only way I will be totally disappointed is if we only retain one of the Big Three.

Guest MrSandMan
See, I disagree. I am not saying nor will I ever say that Z is not important to the team. The heart though, not so sure. Maybe a valve of the heart but the whole heart? It is not a loyalty thing or maybe it is, as soon as Hossa became a Wings I was loyal to him as any other wing. I like to think my loyalty is more towards the winged wheel then any individual player. I just think Hossa is slightly better then Z and if I had to chose Z/Mule or Hossa/Mule I would choose the ladder. Idealy I would keep Hank and Hossa, or all three. I am just putting a bit of logic in my thoughts. The only way I will be totally disappointed is if we only retain one of the Big Three.

Then you are breaking up the most dominant line in NHL. I can't imagine ever letting Zetter go like I could never fathom Holland letting Yzerman or Lidstrom go. He's our boy. Am I bias, most definitely. I appreciate all that he's done. He and Dats are proven cup winners and zetter is a con smyth trophy winner. All from our low draft picks, scouted out by our people.

My gran-dad use to tell me, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Why dismantle the best duo in NHL?

Out of the big 3 I think that anyone would like to keep Z and Hossa. However that doesn't seem realistic.

If it comes down to keeping either Zetterberg or Hossa the choice is simple. Keep whomever will play for less. They are both great players. They both have their upsides over the other so it comes down to economics.

Edited by Booster313

i would never dump z and mule to keep hossa. as much as im impressed with hossa, i wouldn;t have a problem letting him go as long as he went to an eastern confrence team. i hate the thought of having to play against him multiple times each season adn every year in the playoffs

i would never dump z and mule to keep hossa. as much as im impressed with hossa, i wouldn;t have a problem letting him go as long as he went to an eastern confrence team. i hate the thought of having to play against him multiple times each season adn every year in the playoffs

Even if Z wanted say 9 million and Hossa would sign for 7.45 LT?

wouldn't happen b/c no one can make more than lidstrom.

Guys know that to play here, you make sacrafices. THe question comes down to how bad they want it. I personally think Z will do what needs to be done to stay here and keep the core togeather.

wouldn't happen b/c no one can make more than lidstrom.

Guys know that to play here, you make sacrafices. THe question comes down to how bad they want it. I personally think Z will do what needs to be done to stay here and keep the core togeather.

I hope you are right, I think that if Z were willing to sign for 7.45 the deal would already be done. Holland said he felt they were close at training camp. The fact that he still isn't signed must mean either Z wants more than the Wings expected or the Wings are possibly waiting to keep their options open.

I hope you are right, I think that if Z were willing to sign for 7.45 the deal would already be done. Holland said he felt they were close at training camp. The fact that he still isn't signed must mean either Z wants more than the Wings expected or the Wings are possibly waiting to keep their options open.

yah it will be intersting to see how this all plays out.

Guest MrSandMan

Or they're waiting to see what the new cap officially is or want to see what Hudler and Franzen are thinking in terms of numbers so Holland can use a little strategy.

I wouldn't look too deep into why Zets isn't signed yet. In a cap world, he needs to have a well organized plan.

After watching Zetterberg and Franzen bail us out major tonight, I don't see how keeping Hossa over either would be productive. Assume they sign Zetterberg, Hossa will want at least the same. Franzen on the other hand will probably only get 4 million, leaving 3-4 million to sign Hudler and Sammy. Keeping both Zetterberg and Hossa seems impossible, they'll have zero money to even fill roster spots. Zetterberg > Hossa, any day.

I see where you're coming from but I disagree. Hossa's backcheck I feel is one of the most underrated parts of his game, and if he has played like this before I feel like he was shafted for Selke nominations for being on poorly defensive teams. Although he doesn't cover the front of the net as tightly as Zetterberg (as he isn't a center), he stops more plays from developing at center ice than any other player I can think of in the entire league. He and Zetterberg are essentially equal in points, Hossa has the upper hand in +/- and penalties. The argument for myself, at least, is easily there to debate Hossa over Zetterberg for the future. As for Franzen, the kid is an awesome surprise, but he isn't Hossa/Zetterberg caliber, and if it was possible to keep Hossa and Z by letting Franzen walk, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Guest MrSandMan
I see where you're coming from but I disagree. Hossa's backcheck I feel is one of the most underrated parts of his game, and if he has played like this before I feel like he was shafted for Selke nominations for being on poorly defensive teams. Although he doesn't cover the front of the net as tightly as Zetterberg (as he isn't a center), he stops more plays from developing at center ice than any other player I can think of in the entire league. He and Zetterberg are essentially equal in points, Hossa has the upper hand in +/- and penalties. The argument for myself, at least, is easily there to debate Hossa over Zetterberg for the future. As for Franzen, the kid is an awesome surprise, but he isn't Hossa/Zetterberg caliber, and if it was possible to keep Hossa and Z by letting Franzen walk, I would do it in a heartbeat.

You would let the closest thing we have to a power forward go? And Franzen's playoff presence is undeniable.

I'd rather keep Zetter and Franzen than sammy and hossa.