No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/15 GDT: Avalanche 3, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

avs-logo.pngVS det.png

Preview- Avalanche at Red Wings

Recap- Avalanche 3, Red Wings 2

mjbkat.png

Colorado: 14-14-1, 6-8-1 Road Record, 29 pts; 5th in Northwest Division, 12th Overall in Western Conference

Last Game: Lost to CHI 4-3 Recap

Detroit: 20-5-4, 9-2-2 Home Record, 44 pts; 1st in Central Division, 2nd Overall in Western Conference

Last Game: Defeated PHX 5-4 (SO) Recap

o0ntdw.png

Goals

COL Milan Hejduk - 12

DET Marian Hossa - 15

Assists

COL Paul Stastny - 19

DET Pavel Datsyuk - 19

Plus/Minus

COL Ian Laperriere, Brett Clark +6

DET Nicklas Lidstrom, Marian Hossa, Tomas Holmstrom +9

PIM

COL Ian Laperriere - 72

DET Andreas Lilja - 28

2w6896p.png

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Cleary-Franzen-Hossa

Hudler-Filppula-Samuelsson

Kopecky-Draper-Maltby

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Lebda-Lilja

Chelios, Meech - scratched

2ikw5yo.png

COL - Andrew Raycroft: 3-1-0, 3.50 GAA, .839 SV %, 0 SO

DET - Chris Osgood: 12-1-4, 3.20 GAA, .875 SV %, 0 SO

2la34nc.png

COL - Brian Willsie (knee) out, Ben Guite (ribs) out, Joe Sakic (back, fingers) out, Darcy Tucker (knee) out, Marek Svatos (back) questionable

DET - Darren McCarty (groin) out

610x.jpg

Edited by Hockeytown0001

"The way it's going I'm just trying to push onward and play better and better," Osgood said. "I'm close to where I want to be but I'm not over that hump yet."

Conklin made three straight starts before Osgood returned to the net on Saturday at Phoenix. After allowing four goals on 28 shots through overtime, Osgood denied the final three shootout attempts to lift the Red Wings to a 5-4 victory.

"The type of competitor he is, he hasn't been happy to see the other goalie out there the last three nights," Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said. "We're always trying to get his competitive juices flowing. He's a competitor. He's a pro and he's one of the best of all time."

--

Let's hope Ozzie puts a string of wins together to get that confidence back up; he's shown he's a competitor and he can do it again.

Edited by Hockeytown0001

According to the Avs boards, Raycroft may be getting the start in net

Who's their actual #1 these days anyway? Budaj? Or has Raycroft supplanted him? I haven't been keeping tabs on the Avs too much these days (with the exception of Sakic doing boneheaded stuff off the ice :P).

I might be here for the game tomorrow night, but it's not likely. Still dragging more stuff from the department; gotta dismantle our entertainment center and get it out here, plus get myself some more clothes. :P

Who's their actual #1 these days anyway? Budaj? Or has Raycroft supplanted him? I haven't been keeping tabs on the Avs too much these days (with the exception of Sakic doing boneheaded stuff off the ice :P).

I might be here for the game tomorrow night, but it's not likely. Still dragging more stuff from the department; gotta dismantle our entertainment center and get it out here, plus get myself some more clothes. :P

22388.jpg

Gotcha covered :thumbup:

Would it be in bad taste for tonight game be sponsored by Toro snowthrowers???

:lol:

What kind of pathetic defending Cup champion team can't beat a team 14-3? If the Wings don't win by that score tonight, you can kiss the Cup goodbye.

Get your s*** together, Wings.

Lilja with 2 goals, 3 assists, 2 fights, and 1 slipped f-word during his intermission interview.

I don't know. I just wanted to have something original.

GO WINGS!!!

GO OZZIE!!!

So he'd have 1 more Gordie Howe Hat Trick than Gordie did? ;)

I hope Ozzie gets the start here, he played relatively well against the coyotes and so he needs some games to build on.

I hope hossa has a good game as well, he needs one. I'd like to see hudler on the line with Franzen and Hossa for at least the first, and see how he does.

Guest mindfly
Tonight is the night the Wings start clicking again. San Jose, watch out!

Dream on.. wakie wakie.