• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cusimano_brothers

New Club Record

Rate this topic

has the team with the worst GAA in the league ever won a cup? that would be a record I bet lol...

Come on, now! :P

We are on a great run the past 10 games or so, we lead the league in goals for per game and are middle of the pack (13th) in goals against per game. Our PP is the best in the league (statistically) and if anything would worry me it is our ineptitude to do the same quality job on the PK on the road that we do at home. We are the best home PK team and the worst road PK team. Now how weird is that... :blink:

It's been nothin' but tough times for us...

I mean....only 2 All Stars on the team

...only in 2nd place in the western conference

...not the best on BOTH offense and defense

Life's tough...in Red Wings country. <_<

haha...yeah. with our performance over the past few years, it seems like wings fans are only satisfied if we're the best in every category and win the cup. for myself, i've always liked the shot-differential stat, for some reason. i guess i see it as an indicator of how well we're playing our game. so when i'm watching a game, i cringe every time the other team takes a shot on goal, not so much because i'm worried they'll score, but because that's -1 for our shot differential stat.

at the end of the day, it's totally meaningless, but for some reason i assign arbitrary value to it. *shrug*

Guest DetroitBoy313
has the team with the worst GAA in the league ever won a cup? that would be a record I bet lol...

Our GAA is 9th in the league right now.Far from last.

haha...yeah. with our performance over the past few years, it seems like wings fans are only satisfied if we're the best in every category and win the cup. for myself, i've always liked the shot-differential stat, for some reason. i guess i see it as an indicator of how well we're playing our game. so when i'm watching a game, i cringe every time the other team takes a shot on goal, not so much because i'm worried they'll score, but because that's -1 for our shot differential stat.

at the end of the day, it's totally meaningless, but for some reason i assign arbitrary value to it. *shrug*

The Wings would be #1 in that catagory (S/G-SA/G)

Wings 9.4

Sharks 7.5

Leafs 4.4

Kings 3.1

Everybody else less than 3

Interestingly Boston actually gives up more shots than they take. That tells me that they are winning on goaltending. Not a good recipe for sucess.

Most Close Decision Games (1 or 2-goal), 1st 50 games: 40 (with a record of 24W-9L-6OTL-1SOL), breaking the old record of 36 set in 2000-01.

These have accounted for 80% of the Club's games this season.

Most 1-Goal Games, 1st 50 games: 28 (with a record of 17W-4L-6OTL-1SOL), breaking the old record of 26 set in 2000-01.

These have accounted for 56% of the Club's games this season.

Most 1-goal Games Won, 1st 50 games: 16, breaking the old record of 15 set in 2000-01.

SOOOOOOOOOO well put. THANKS.

:champs:

probably not... good thing you are exaggerating the stats, eh?

This is a good thing: playoff games are usually close games.

But what i really want to know is how are they winning the games. Are they ahead by two or three and giving up goals at the end to make the game close, or are they behind or tied and pulling it out in the end? Those are two different scenarios that may relate to playoff success or failure.

Seems to me to be a bit of both and not necessarily enough to draw any conclusions. Any empirical evidence to support a theory either way? Anyone?

Most Close Decision Games (1 or 2-goal), 1st 60 games: 45, tying the record set in 2000-01.

The Club's record in these games:

27W-10L-6OTL-2SOL

Broken down:

1-goal games: 31G, 18W-5L-6OTL-2SOL

2-goal games: 14G, 9W-5L.

These have accounted for 75% of the Club's 60 games played so far this season.