• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Saran

Osgood & Hossa FOR Luongo?

Rate this topic

Osgood & Hossa FOR Luongo?  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well since Hossa has a NTC you can't. But I wouldn't anyway.

We were awesome in the playoffs last year and just added Hossa. I am one that feels we will be playing like that again come April.

As Wings Fan in Exile said, Hossa would never be traded. If this deal was possible though, I'd do it. The Wings are in desperate need of a solid goaltender, and Luongo without a doubt, would provide such services. The Wings would find ways to makeup for the loss of Hossa's production somehow. Sometimes I wonder if Hossa being on the team has somehow ruined the chemistry makeup of this team.

I say no.

Here is why.

First, I shall compare the goaltenders.

Osgood has not played well at all this season...but we know that Osgood will typically stay healthy, and plays his best in clutch situations and in the playoffs. He has proven this repeatedly. Osgood has always provided enough quality goaltending for the team he has played for that he has never missed the playoffs and never had a losing record despite the fact he has played on some horrible rosters. He has twice finished second in Conn Smythe trophy voting.

Luongo, OTOH, has had a long history of injuries and has won exactly one playoff series in his NHL career. So while he has outperformed Osgood the past few regular seasons, Luongo has not proven himself in the playoffs, which is where Osgood has always played his best.

So while the Wings would probably be better making the trade if the trade were Osgood for Luongo straight up, it's not that big of a difference. When you add Hossa into the deal though? Then it's just crazy.

for robby??? are you ******* kidding me???

Ozzie/Hossa/Datsyuk for Robby and Kesler is where it has to be! Ah hell why not toss in Zetterberg also to get Sundin

Burn me as a heretic if you like, but I wouldn't even take a straight Osgood-Luongo trade. Luongo is pretty streaky and has no real playoff experience.

sure he does... he has experience losing! ... cause hes no superman... (queue up the scrubs theme)

I would personally quit watching the wings if they got him... well maybe not if they also signed, Nash, Roenick, and Kesler immediately after.

i hate Robby.

Burn me as a heretic if you like, but I wouldn't even take a straight Osgood-Luongo trade. Luongo is pretty streaky and has no real playoff experience.

If we're not taking the cap into account, you'd be crazy not to trade Osgood for Luongo.

If we're not taking the cap into account, you'd be crazy not to trade Osgood for Luongo.

Luongo has twice finished as high as second in Vezina trophy voting, while Osgood has twice finished as high as second in Smythe trophy voting. Luongo has never proven squat in the postseason, while Osgood has once finished as high as second in Vezina voting.

Which goalie has really proven more?

No for a lot of reasons:

1) Can't trade Hossa.

2) Vancouver might not make the playoffs, and they would only be acquiring Hossa for a couple of months. They would never take the trade.

3) I trust in Osgood, think he is still a valuable, he is much cheaper, and his attitude is better than Luongo's.

4) Hossa signed here for one year to win a cup for a fair price. It would ruin the Red Wings' reputation, and deals like this would not just fall into their laps in the future.

I know I'm late responding, but I wouldn't trade Osgood and Hossa for one of the best goaltenders in the league. Sure having a top notch would be amazing, but it wouldn't be for long anyways, it'd be a rental type deal to me I think. The Red Wings are such a great team we just need a goalie to do what he needs to do and that is block shots at the right time and be a goalie. Not saying Conklin and Osgood don't do that, because they definitley do, but we've never actually had a goalie who is a Detroit Red Wing besides Osgood. And you have to admit it, he hasn't always been the best. I don't mean to be one of the many Osgood bashers on this site (as I really like him, he's a nice guy) but a goalie situation has always been an issue with the Wings since we've been on top of the league for years.

And yeah, sorry for that little paragraph of doom. I totally forget my originally inentions of this reply, lol.

Well if it was for 3 years or more yea. Were fine without Hossa he's just an added bonus to an already great team. Canucks would laugh this trade off though lol. But yea if it was a given that Luongo would be a wing for long term or heak even at least 3 years then yes it's one sided but we can dream eh?