• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rbk9k

Tomas Kopecky

Rate this topic

Guest E_S_A_D
anyone else think kopecky needs to pull his pants up? he looks like a 16 year old who thinks rap music is a way of life

I don't care about his pants or attire in general. He needs to be in AAA though or traded. He likely wouldn't clear waivers, so I'd say traded. He has little value and hasn't blossomed.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
anyone else think kopecky needs to pull his pants up? he looks like a 16 year old who thinks rap music is a way of life

He looks like a tall guy who should add 15lbs of muscle, take a Scott Stevens taught class on proper body checking technique and for god's sake, stop tilting his helmet over to one side. I swear it's like he's trying to look through the ear hole with his left eye.

Anyway, i'm pretty much ready to bench any of the bottom tier guys for Downey or Mac.

Last year, with Drake and Downey in the lineup most of the time, we seemed to be more well-rounded and played a better overall game. That's just my opinion.

Of course Downey doesn't bring alot to the table skill wise, but just seeing him run over a couple of people and stand up and fight tough guys on other teams, seems like the rest of the team fed off of that.

IMO, Kopecky ain't bringing a whole lot of anything the Wings don't already have in spades except height.

Seriously, what does Kopecky bring? He ain't much of a hitter. He would not be called upon to take faceoffs regularly. He doesn't get PP work. He doesn't get PK work. He's basically a big, awkward guy out there that can skate pretty well.

I'd bench his ass for Downey or Mac in 2 seconds at least the skill set those guys bring to the table are something the Wings can actually use.

I vote Leino or Helm for Kopecky

Apparently Leino hasn't been playing very well in GR. Perhaps he thinks his chances of making the Red Wings is decreasing as the season goes on, less to play for.

Apparently Leino hasn't been playing very well in GR. Perhaps he thinks his chances of making the Red Wings is decreasing as the season goes on, less to play for.

hed probably be an upgrade form kopecky

leino's almost a point per game. can't be playing that bad.

Only because he started so strong. He's done jack in his last 15 games, and I think only 1 assist in his last 7 or 8.

Only because he started so strong. He's done jack in his last 15 games, and I think only 1 assist in his last 7 or 8.

Goal and an assist last night, he had a hip injury and changed to a more floaty style of play. Last night he went back to driving to the net and had success.

He looks like a tall guy who should add 15lbs of muscle, take a Scott Stevens taught class on proper body checking technique and for god's sake, stop tilting his helmet over to one side. I swear it's like he's trying to look through the ear hole with his left eye.

Anyway, i'm pretty much ready to bench any of the bottom tier guys for Downey or Mac.

Last year, with Drake and Downey in the lineup most of the time, we seemed to be more well-rounded and played a better overall game. That's just my opinion.

Of course Downey doesn't bring alot to the table skill wise, but just seeing him run over a couple of people and stand up and fight tough guys on other teams, seems like the rest of the team fed off of that.

IMO, Kopecky ain't bringing a whole lot of anything the Wings don't already have in spades except height.

Seriously, what does Kopecky bring? He ain't much of a hitter. He would not be called upon to take faceoffs regularly. He doesn't get PP work. He doesn't get PK work. He's basically a big, awkward guy out there that can skate pretty well.

I'd bench his ass for Downey or Mac in 2 seconds at least the skill set those guys bring to the table are something the Wings can actually use.

Mac offers less than Kopecky, Mac is not the skater / hitter / fighter that he once was. He was a proud warrior during our 3 prior cups to last season. There are going to have to be moves made in order to have player movement, apparently Meech didn't gather enough interest this morning. Lebda should be the one to go, hes not getting any better and at least Meech can play forward or defenseman. Things may be in the works people.... Im not a Kopecky fan either, he should be using his size moreso than he does, same goes for Lilja.

I'm 100% under the belief that Kopecky is kept as a wing because it increases whatever chance we have of keeping Hossa significantly. It's worth it in my book.

Hossa will not be retained unless Zetterberg just asks for a ridiculous amount. With the economy the way it is, teams will have to start cutting back

Bump! Kopecky had some jump tonight! (must be reading these boards! :taunt: )

esteef!

This always happens with him. whenever their is a thread about him he suddenly plays better. same thing happened last year before he got hurt.........hmmmm

He has got to be reading the LGW forums!! :P

This always happens with him. whenever their is a thread about him he suddenly plays better. same thing happened last year before he got hurt.........hmmmm

He has got to be reading the LGW forums!! :P

I wonder if he and Lebda were sharing a laptop when this was posted ??? :D

Guest mindfly

Few minutes in NHL > Lots of minutes in AHL... it's just too big difference in tempo, skillz etc.