• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Echolalia

Good Lord Chicago

Rate this topic

I disagree. I generally like Chicago sports fans, but Blackhawks fans in particular are the worst in all of pro sports. As far as I'm concerned, what they deserve is to suffer a lifelong case of Stanley Cup blueballs that they take to their graves.

They've asked for every bad thing they've gotten, too. Instead of cheering their team, they chant "Detroit Sucks," even when they're not playing the Red Wings. You think that's not a factor in why they've been so bad? It's all because their fans are so crappy. You reap what you sow, and the Blackhawks fans have reaped a brutal, savage, karmic assf**king for being the worst fans in all of pro sports.

+1

I've gone to 3 games in Chicago when the Red Wings played and most of the Blackhawks fans are disrespectful and unknowledgeable about the game of hockey and they always chant Detroit sucks every game.

+1

I've gone to 3 games in Chicago when the Red Wings played and most of the Blackhawks fans are disrespectful and unknowledgeable about the game of hockey and they always chant Detroit sucks every game.

That's why RWN should chant back "Detroit Rocks!"

I disagree. I generally like Chicago sports fans, but Blackhawks fans in particular are the worst in all of pro sports. As far as I'm concerned, what they deserve is to suffer a lifelong case of Stanley Cup blueballs that they take to their graves.

They've asked for every bad thing they've gotten, too. Instead of cheering their team, they chant "Detroit Sucks," even when they're not playing the Red Wings. You think that's not a factor in why they've been so bad? It's all because their fans are so crappy. You reap what you sow, and the Blackhawks fans have reaped a brutal, savage, karmic assf**king for being the worst fans in all of pro sports.

I can agree on that. Sometimes I read their boards and what I see makes me want to see them make history and go 0-82-0!!! Sometimes it seems like every other post is on how the "Detoilet Deadwings suck and their fans are retards" kind of ignorant crap. Now that the team is finally competitive, they are probably talking more about the team and season, hopefully.

At the same time, them being good makes for an interesting story rather than the Preds and Jackets. They, likes

+1

I can't understand how any Hawks fan can say "Detroit Sucks" and be serious. The only thing that can come remotely close to a justifiable reason for saying that is the fact that the Blackhawks won their last Stanley Cup against the Redwings.........in 1961!!!!!

The Wings have won more championships in 11 years than they have in 83!! Heck, the Wings have more Cup victories than the Hawks have Cup appearances, yet somehow the Wings still manage to suck.

Absolutely dead-on. I never got tired of their woes over the last decade-plus, and I never get tired of seeing the Wings beat them. Their fans are so filled with bile and hatred towards us that they can't see straight.

Incidentally, we now lead the all-time series against them 354-254. Not bad. :thumbup:

Add me as one of the people who thinks that the Blackhawks being good again is good for the sport. I truly hope it will rekindle the long-standing rivalry between the Wings and Hawks. I want to hate them again.

yeah, right now they're down seven points with two games in hand. if they win both those games, they're down by only three points. put differently, if they beat us in regulation the next two meetings, then win their other two games in hand, they would take over first in the division.

it seems to me they've still been flying a bit under the radar this year.

i would love a playoff series against them. hawks first round, ducks second round, sharks third round, boston in the cup? that would be an impressive (and enjoyable) cup run.

Guest mindfly

We've gone 0-0-2 (one SO win one OT win) on them this season haven't we.. so how come they say we suck? they're almost as bad/good (whatever you put it) as us...

There's a hockey team here? Where? Seriously, outside of a couple friends, no one here is talking about this team and if there are, its only because of the Winter Classic, they probably couldn't tell you use the Hawks played last week or play this week. But then if the unspeakable happens and they win on the first, thats all I'll hear till April.

LMAO as a Hawk fan who respects Detroit..you could not be more wrong about our team. The City of Chicago is in love with this team. everyone is talking about them. The radio is leading off with them at least ESPN 1000 is. The news networks, Comcast sports are all leading with them and talking about them for most of the time. Everywhere I go people are talking about this perenial power house we could have down the road. How are you from Chicago and like Detroit...thats f***in wrong. But that's your choice just don't be spreading lies that "noone" in Chicago cares. Attendance #'s say they do care also.

LMAO as a Hawk fan who respects Detroit..you could not be more wrong about our team. The City of Chicago is in love with this team. everyone is talking about them. The radio is leading off with them at least ESPN 1000 is. The news networks, Comcast sports are all leading with them and talking about them for most of the time. Everywhere I go people are talking about this perenial power house we could have down the road. How are you from Chicago and like Detroit...thats f***in wrong. But that's your choice just don't be spreading lies that "noone" in Chicago cares. Attendance #'s say they do care also.

As much as I'm pre-disposed to hate Chicago teams, I can't help but have nothing but respect for the hawks right now. I hope you're right because they should be excited for that team.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Kane more popular than Toews? No knock on Kane but that's a bit of a turn off for me. I just can't help but think like a coach. I watch Toews play and he's just one of those players that's so useful in so many situations. He is going to be a real joy to watch once he really puts it all together.

In terms of a playoff series, if it were to happen then I hope it will be in the third round, maybe second. If it's the first then the wings are in trouble.

Campbell is one of the most overpaid and overrated players ture

QFT

Sharks fans know this all too well. Boyle > Campbell.

edit - it's late and I'm getting my names messed up.

Edited by TheSupafly

You see this is what you could call a hyperbole, and since you wouldn't understand what a hyperbole is BlueMonk, a hyperbole is an "obvious and intentional exaggeration." You have no facts to base your statement on other then experience. Stating an opinion, and claiming it as fact just make you a dunkey's butt.

With that said, I could say the Wings have the worst fans in pro sports, because I've been to several Hawks games (in which they are NOT, I repeat, are NOT playing the Wings) and inevitably run into several Red Wings jerks at the United Centre. They have no business there, and yet they are there "rooting it up" and "trashing up the joint" trying to start trouble. So yeah, I could say the Wings have the worst fans in pro sports, but I won't, because that would be hyperbole.

What bother "those" Wings fans, like you BlueMonk, who continue to trash the Hawks (I'm not grouping all Wings fans into this catergory, just those who can't recognize the fact that the Hawks are closer then they appear in terms of skill and talent) is the fact the Wings are no longer the unquestioned best team in the division or the conference. You guys are still the best---for now---but clearly are not the best team without argument. What bother these kind of Wings fans is that fact that the Hawks can eliminate the Wings from the playoffs.

I'm not here to start crap(you can take it that way, but oh well), I'm here to give my POV from a Hawks fan. You can talk trash about the Hawks if you want, but please use facts, not hyperbole to support your argument.

If anyone hasn't noticed, Chicago is 7 points behind us, with two games in hand. They're having an amazing season. These next few games could change a lot in the standings. The wings had better lot let Chicago mess around over the next couple games with us and possibly take us in the standings, it could definitely happen. I know it's only the regular season, but losing the division lead would be extremely unsettling.

You see this is what you could call a hyperbole, and since you wouldn't understand what a hyperbole is BlueMonk, a hyperbole is an "obvious and intentional exaggeration." You have no facts to base your statement on other then experience. Stating an opinion, and claiming it as fact just make you a dunkey's butt.

With that said, I could say the Wings have the worst fans in pro sports, because I've been to several Hawks games (in which they are NOT, I repeat, are NOT playing the Wings) and inevitably run into several Red Wings jerks at the United Centre. They have no business there, and yet they are there "rooting it up" and "trashing up the joint" trying to start trouble. So yeah, I could say the Wings have the worst fans in pro sports, but I won't, because that would be hyperbole.

What bother "those" Wings fans, like you BlueMonk, who continue to trash the Hawks (I'm not grouping all Wings fans into this catergory, just those who can't recognize the fact that the Hawks are closer then they appear in terms of skill and talent) is the fact the Wings are no longer the unquestioned best team in the division or the conference. You guys are still the best---for now---but clearly are not the best team without argument. What bother these kind of Wings fans is that fact that the Hawks can eliminate the Wings from the playoffs.

I'm not here to start crap(you can take it that way, but oh well), I'm here to give my POV from a Hawks fan. You can talk trash about the Hawks if you want, but please use facts, not hyperbole to support your argument.

to quote Juno, "Bren, you's a dick!" Maybe you didn't mean it to, but I read your post as a flame. Behave yourself young man, or you'll get a spankin. It's Christmas for Pete's sake....

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Remember 2 years ago when Nashville was AHEAD of us in the standings, and then they aquired Forsberg and everyone thought we shouldn't even bother playing for the cup?

Yeah me either... It's the regular season, even if they do overtake us, theres a lot more season to play, and the central is the only division that always has one clear cut team ahead. Every other division is normally mega close.

The sort of hatred that fans bring out I think is good for the game. The players definitely feed off of it, the fans feed off of it, and it makes the games a bit more passionate, because at that point they're playing for more than just two points.

Anyway, Blues fans I thought have always been the worst.

Yeah, that's a real good team with a lot of talent. Patrick Kane is unreal.

I was lucky enough to play against Pat Kane two years in a row starting when I was 12 and he played for the Buffalo Regals. To see him play and the things he coulddo at that young of an age was unreal and you just knew he was going to go somewhere. The fact that he used to blackout all of his Bauer equipment until he got paid to wear it got a laugh back then but now the joke is on us haha.

At that point I was in goal and he embarrassed me for all 5 of his goals including a nice backhand from the blueling lol, but it sure is a good story to tell now....

Remember 2 years ago when Nashville was AHEAD of us in the standings, and then they aquired Forsberg and everyone thought we shouldn't even bother playing for the cup?

Yeah me either... It's the regular season, even if they do overtake us, theres a lot more season to play, and the central is the only division that always has one clear cut team ahead. Every other division is normally mega close.

IIRC they tied us points-wise. Then we had a stretch very similar to what we have coming up with the Hawks with 2-3 games in a little over a week and they were back by double digits in under a month.

IIRC they tied us points-wise. Then we had a stretch very similar to what we have coming up with the Hawks with 2-3 games in a little over a week and they were back by double digits in under a month.

I'm pretty sure they were ONE point ahead of us at some point that season during the first half, but I don't think they were ever any further ahead than that.

If Detroit doesn't win the division, we'll be screwed in the playoffs. We'll likely be in 4th spot, have to play the 5th spot team (could be Anaheim) then if we manage to win, we'll have to play San Jose in the next round (assuming their the 1st seed and win their opening round). Detroit needs that 2nd seed at least!

If Detroit doesn't win the division, we'll be screwed in the playoffs. We'll likely be in 4th spot, have to play the 5th spot team (could be Anaheim) then if we manage to win, we'll have to play San Jose in the next round (assuming their the 1st seed and win their opening round). Detroit needs that 2nd seed at least!

Huh...wtf are you talking about? 1st, 2nd, 4th who cares. So we finish 4th and have to play the Ducks, big deal...we are a better team than them. We are going to have to beat the Sharks to make it out of the conference anyways so why not in the 2nd round? I don't know why we are even talking about this, we are going to win the division, conference and presidents cup. Optimism is what I'm all about...not like people who say we are screwed in the playoffs if we get the 4th seed.

Quick, what were our seedings in '97 and '98?

Hint: it wasn't top-2.