• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

titanium2

Hate

Rate this topic

The St. Louis fans got me thinking: Which fans do you think hate the Red Wings the most?

I've heard one St. Louis fan say that they wish they could bomb the Red Wings during a practice. That's just not right.

avs fans have to be #1 wing haters no?

I'd say Chicago fans. They are the only team that chants Red Wings suck through the entire game.

And I wouldn't say every team's fans rooted against us in the Finals because I know a lot of hockey fans were sick of the NHL being all over Syd the Kid's nuts the entire postseason.

St. Louis and Chicago hate the Wings more than anyone, there is no contest. I'd say St. Louis probably hates them the most right now because their "glory years" of Pronger/Macinnis/Demitra are still fresh in their minds, along with the fact that no matter how good they were, the Wings would still beat their asses day in and day out. Now that they have watched their team regress into failure while the Wings continue to kick ass left and right, their fans are more bitter than ever and full of unprecedented amounts of hatred to spew off.

The Hawks are still desensitized from 15 years of bad ownership and team crappiness, but they are coming back strong in the hatred department this year. Still second place in my book though.

After beating them in the Cup, stealing their best winger despite the fact they offered more money, and the goalie who kept them afloat when Fleury was hurt, I'll bet that there is a lot of Red Wing haters in Pittsburgh right now.

I think there's more anti-Crosby stuff here among Wings fans than in most of the rest of the league combined. Wings fans seem to have this thing like people should pay attention to us instead of Crosby.

Because he's a whiner and diver and the Wings are just soooooooooo much more important than Crosby. It's just not fair :ranting:

I think most of the anti-Crosby fans were cheering us on. :)

I bet the Flyers and Rangers fans were rooting us on in the finals simply because the fans of those teams despise the Penguins, especially Flyers fans.

The Blues and Blackhawks fans hate us the most!! It is jealousy.

The Blues are like the 41 year old virgin in the room having never won a cup while the Hawks have become irrelevant in their own city.

The Blackhawks fans should love the Redwings as I am sure the Wings winning has helped motivate the Hawks to turn it around. Over the years, I am sure Rocky got tired of every game between the two teams being a Redwings home game.

I would say its the Blues fans, I sometimes read through their forums and some of the stuff is ridiculous.. (though admittedly i rarely read any hawks stuff)... for example:

Gameday thread was titled "Blues vs Homo Tires"

If someone wearing red doesn't have to be helped off of the ice, fire Murray. Score? Who cares about the score? Go hit someone. Preferably illegally.

I honestly don't care about the score at all, I just want to inflict as much damage to them as possible. I want atleast 10 of our players to be kicked out and/or suspended. I want atleast 5 fights in the first period. I want multiple instigators against us. I want fights between us and the Red Wings fans. I want blood spurting from the noses and ears of the Red Wings. I want the game to have to be called off called off early because of the mayhem.

Goddamn I hate this team. I mean real honest-to-God HATE. Every time I see Datsyuk or Zetterberg or Chelios I throw up in my mouth a little. I want them dead. If the Blues can't win on the scoreboard, at least win on the body count ledger.

Kill the Wings. Beat them into the ice. Slash them. Cross-check them. High-stick them. Punch them. Maim them.

Which would you rather have?

Blues lose 4-1 to the Wings and get tossed around the rink like girly ragdolls 7%

Blues lose 12-0 to the Wings but Cam Janssen leaves a bloody trail of Wings' carcasses in his wake 92%

etc :lol:

I think there's more anti-Crosby stuff here among Wings fans than in most of the rest of the league combined. Wings fans seem to have this thing like people should pay attention to us instead of Crosby.

I frequent the Leafs forums and pretty much any Crosby thread erupts into a 7-8 page Crosby bashing vs defending war within a day which them promptly gets locked.... Also every hockey fan I personally know is the same way... either hates him or loves him.... and have similar arguments amongst themselves, none of them Wings fans... (Leafs, Habs, Sens, Canucks, etc.... ) a small sample I know but I still would have a real hard time believing that there's more amongst Wings fan than every other fanbase combined....

Edited by T-Ruff

The Blackhawks fans should love the Redwings as I am sure the Wings winning has helped motivate the Hawks to turn it around. Over the years, I am sure Rocky got tired of every game between the two teams being a Redwings home game.

does anyone remember that one Wings game @ Chicago..... I think it was 2 years ago, when the Wings scored a goal, and the GOAL HORN at the United Center in CHICAGO - HOME OF THE BLACKHAWKS went off?! haha .... it was hilarious....

i'm not sure if it was the same game as the one where we came from behind at the very end of the 3rd period, and pavel datsyuk scored a GWG with like 0.4 seconds left in Overtime.....

ahhh the good ole days :)

The Hawks fans have hated the longest, the Blues are just the most fierce right now. Not much love from the Toronto metro area but since we rarely see them anymore it has lost a lot.

But everyone hates us. Even the League itself. The Wings don't fit into their view of hockey or business.

And, yes, the Wings Nation seem to hate Crosby the most, but in Saint Louis too, there is little love of Crosby, it's much more in favor of Alex the Great.

Edited by stlwing14

No avs fans dont hate us much anymore.. The hawks fans hate us the most more then any team....

I would think Colorado still hates us the most. I'm sure most, if not all, die hard Avs fans haven't gotten over the 7-0 game in 2002. Plus we completely smoked them last year in the second round.

Edit: Wings fans hatred toward the Avs is in the past. Avs fans still hate us with a passion.

Edited by Barrie

St Louis gets all irrational about us. Chicago, too. The Avs used to- they still hate us but won't go outta their way to rape our mothers. This whole Pens thing is new and fleeting. It's like Nashville trying to be our rival, without the 8 (now 6) games a year.

Yes, we bounced you from the playoffs.

No, we don't care about you.

I would say its the Blues fans, I sometimes read through their forums and some of the stuff is ridiculous.. (though admittedly i rarely read any hawks stuff)... for example:

Gameday thread was titled "Blues vs Homo Tires"

etc :lol:

I frequent the Leafs forums and pretty much any Crosby thread erupts into a 7-8 page Crosby bashing vs defending war within a day which them promptly gets locked.... Also every hockey fan I personally know is the same way... either hates him or loves him.... and have similar arguments amongst themselves, none of them Wings fans... (Leafs, Habs, Sens, Canucks, etc.... ) a small sample I know but I still would have a real hard time believing that there's more amongst Wings fan than every other fanbase combined....

Never mind those waterheads!!!! That's just 42 years of frustration talking there!!

When a team has sucked as much as the Blues and Blackhawks have throughout their existences, it is the idiots with "small penis syndrome" who lash out because they can't handle defeat. Unfortunately, a lot of times, it is the intelligent, classy fans who lay low.

The Chicago and St. Louis fans hate the Redwings more than anyone without a doubt. Having said that, I still have a hard time wishing ill upon such organizations. I don't understand why they do not feel the same.

As a hockey fan, I would love more than anything to see the NHL become more mainstream, without selling out that is. In order for the league to flourish, I am a firm believer that teams in such cities as Detroit, Chicago, New York, etc. must be relevant as hockey is a niche sport.

Would these chuckleheads rather the Redwings, a historic organization people actually care about, suck while we are left with a bunch of small market/ southern teams no one knows or cares about dominating? When the flagship organizations suffer, everyone suffers. It is similar to how the Yankees and Redsox are to baseball, as much as I hate to admit it.

With that said, the fans of many organizations, especially division rivals, should be kissing the Redwings' arses for I am sure the Wings have made them a nice chunk of change over the years, putting butts in seats while giving them something to get ramped up about.

With that said, the fans of many organizations, especially division rivals, should be kissing the Redwings' arses for I am sure the Wings have made them a nice chunk of change over the years, putting butts in seats while giving them something to get ramped up about.

Not to mention, teams that make a lot of money share their profit with poorly-run teams and small-market teams. They need someone to beat up on, though.