• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

titanium2

Hate

Rate this topic

So St. Louis, Chicago, Colorado and to some extent Nashville and Pittsburgh.

For the most part, Pittsburgh's hate is justified:

"So there is this: In the space of 29 days, Detroit rips from Pittsburgh its fiercest playoff predator, Mr. Hossa; its backup goaltender, Ty Conklin, who put a mesmeric spell on opponents in the injured absence of Marc-Andre Fleury; and, oh yeah, the Stanley Cup itself and all of its fashionably glorious cache. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, all diverted to the same increasingly maddening destination."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08185/894547-61.stm

I know the Wings have only faced them twice in the playoffs but I'm surprised there's not one mention of Dallas. But I guess they have their own problems and are smart enough to deal with them.

I would say most Wings fans have more bad things to say about the Wings than anyone. That's tough love.

Ain't that the truth, and sometimes that isn't a good thing...

You could take a straw poll of fans of other teams and the Wings would probably rank right up there for one of the teams you hate most because the Wings are consistently good and the fan base can overall easily act spoiled given the recent run of success.

I think there's more anti-Crosby stuff here among Wings fans than in most of the rest of the league combined. Wings fans seem to have this thing like people should pay attention to us instead of Crosby.

Not even close - try going to an Eastern teams' forum.

Out of Western Conference teams I'd say Detroit gives Crosby a healthy amount of flak; but it does not even compare to a team like Washington or Philly.

It's not just the Wings that hate Crosby. I frequent many of the teams hockey boards, and on every single one I've seen an anti-Crosby thread erupt. It's too easy to hate him. He's not doing anything that sets him far beyond the elite, so the golden boy worship is just lost on some people. He whines, people don't like that, and people don't like the sense of entitlement.

It's not just us, trust me.

And yes, even during the Avs-Wings rivalry, I don't think the Avs hated us as much as St. Louis and Chicago. I'd never heard an Avs fan threaten to bomb the Joe ormurder the entire team in their hotel, but this seems to be a frequent refrain in St. Louis and Chicago.

I frequent the Leafs forums and pretty much any Crosby thread erupts into a 7-8 page Crosby bashing vs defending war within a day which them promptly gets locked.... Also every hockey fan I personally know is the same way... either hates him or loves him.... and have similar arguments amongst themselves, none of them Wings fans... (Leafs, Habs, Sens, Canucks, etc.... ) a small sample I know but I still would have a real hard time believing that there's more amongst Wings fan than every other fanbase combined....

I think that proves my point then :) "combined" was an exaggeration but around here, no thread with Crosby in it erupts into a bash/defend war because there's hardly anyone defending.

The Chicago and St. Louis fans hate the Redwings more than anyone without a doubt. Having said that, I still have a hard time wishing ill upon such organizations. I don't understand why they do not feel the same.

Jealousy. Especially on the part of Blues fans. Every time they have a halfway decent team, we knock them out of the playoffs. Since the Wings began their current playoff streak, we haven't ever seen them lose to the Blues in like four or five tries. The fans don't care about that stuff about putting butts in the seats. That's for the owners to worry about.

Guest DetroitBoy313

Blackhawks fans,HANDS DOWN!!!!! I visit their boards once and a while and it's unreal what you will see.When Detroit is typed it's always misspelled on purpose DETOILET.They rag on the city,the fans,it's actually unhealthy.I would say no other fans "hate" the red wings more than blackhawk fans.

Wear a Wings jersey in each building and count the number of beers spilled on you and amount of garbage thrown at you. Not to mention the insults hurled at you. Good thing no one wanted to take it outside. They are both nasty buildings. And nasty fans. (when the Wings are involved.)

But in 96-99, wearing a Wings jersey in Denver or vice versa....was asking for it.

So St. Louis, Chicago, Colorado and to some extent Nashville and Pittsburgh.

For the most part, Pittsburgh's hate is justified:

"So there is this: In the space of 29 days, Detroit rips from Pittsburgh its fiercest playoff predator, Mr. Hossa; its backup goaltender, Ty Conklin, who put a mesmeric spell on opponents in the injured absence of Marc-Andre Fleury; and, oh yeah, the Stanley Cup itself and all of its fashionably glorious cache. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, all diverted to the same increasingly maddening destination."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08185/894547-61.stm

I know the Wings have only faced them twice in the playoffs but I'm surprised there's not one mention of Dallas. But I guess they have their own problems and are smart enough to deal with them.

These people actually believe this crap? Like we stole the cup from them?

We pummeled them in the SCF. The first game was 4-0, the second game was 3-0. They beat us in the 3rd game by 1 goal. We beat them in the 4th game by 1 goal. They beat us in game 5 in triple OT and we beat them in game 6 by 1 goal.

Final tally 4 games to 2. 16 goals to 10. Yes, they scored a lousy 10 goals in 6 games. 1.67 goals per game.

And they think they had a chance? Come on.

It's really funny that they think they are in the same class as us.

Incidently thier record this year is 18-12-4 and they are in 4th place in their division.

Stole the Cup from them? Pleeeeeeeeeease.

I posted in one of the threads on the official Hawks board (just contributing to a conversation, not being mean or nasty or anything but just normal) about how my so called 'friend' several years ago now went out with my ex behind my back in a thread about would you date a friend's ex or something like that

One of the hawks fans wrote back that I deserved everything bad that happens to me until I stop being a Wings fan.

(and before some Hawks fan reads these boards and tries to use this post against me, as had happened to me before, no, I am not hating on the hawks or hawks fans or calling you anything. I'm just stating fact.)

By comparison I have never been treated this way by avs fans on their board. They've been a pretty nice bunch actually.

Blues fans - well i havent been to their boards yet. What I can say about the Blues was I resented their going after Tomas H. the other night with the tripping and crosschecking. He is a player with a Lady Byng side to him - yes, a pain sometimes with the screening but with the respect for the other team. He won't hurt you (well except on the scoreboard but thats his job.)

Pens fans - wonderful. Havent got a bad word to say about them, they've been very nice to me.

I'd also like to add, To be fair to the Hawks, and avoid generalizing an entire fanbase on the Hawks boards, There are some smart great hawksfans who do post there and can't say anything bad about them. Wonderful people. You know who you are ;) And you've treated me very well. and thank you. However, there are people on the hawks boards who are just repulsive, and some of their fellow Hawks fans on the boards even can't stand what they say sometimes.

as for the words detoilet and wang (as they call detroit and wing) those words used to bother me, but not anymore. I hear things like that said by every fan - Laffs, Analheim Sucks, Trashers, Calgary Lames for example....You name it. It doesnt bother me anymore. Thats just hockey talk, normal hockey smack.

Still can't compare to the Flyers fan who ripped totally into me on an unofficial hockey forum when I announced that I had decided to have the wings as my first favorite team. I have been a wings fan since 1995 but never always had em as my first fave team they were my second. But man when i told people on that board, was he nasty!

I have always had a dislike for Flyers (and a lot of the fanbase) but that episode just made me dislike them even more.

Edited by Holmstrom96Screens

Alot of Hawks fans over there on their board are d-bags and have completely irrational hate for the Wings. I agree with the previous poster that generalizing all Hawks fans like that is wrong because there are intelligent posters over there who may say that they don't like the Wings but at least respect them as a team and have better things to say than "Detoilet sucks and so do their fans."

There was a story on one of these boards of how there was a Red Wings fan carrying his infant son at the United Center and he nearly got shoved to the ground with his baby son because he was wearing a Red Wings jersey - nobody confirmed that story, but it's stuff like that that really make my blood boil.

It's good that hockey is becoming popular in Chicago again, but some of their fans really don't do themselves any favors by the things they do, like doing nothing at Red Wings games other than chant "Detroit Sucks!" and stuff like that.

The most hardcore and intelligent Blackhawk fans suddenly become completely and utterly irrational when it comes to discussing the Red Wings - but particularly their fans. The fact that the Joe Louis can't sell out provides a great topic of discussion. I am in a decided minority of Blackhawks fans who is more than willing to give the Red Wings and their management team their due. I'm not so much pissed that the Red Wings "suck," quote unquote, but that the Blackhawks management team for so many years has been absolutely unable to build such a stellar organization of their own. Hopefully they can now, with the city at their back.

The Detroit sucks chants were out in full force last night, probably in preparation for the 1st. It will be a great game, and I will be happy to be there.

Guest DetroitBoy313
The fact that the Joe Louis can't sell out provides a great topic of discussion

Michigan was in recession long before the rest of the country was.You see those empty seats my friend and it's not because of the lack of interest.The Palace is suffering with empty seats as well and it's due to the horrible horrible economy here in our beloved state.I'm pretty surprised people from out of state don't recognize this more and they just seem to complain how come "hockeytown" can't sell out?

I think there's more anti-Crosby stuff here among Wings fans than in most of the rest of the league combined. Wings fans seem to have this thing like people should pay attention to us instead of Crosby.

I am going to respectfully disagree. Crosby gets a reaction on most boards/bars similar to Osgood goalie war threads here.

I am going to respectfully disagree. Crosby gets a reaction on most boards/bars similar to Osgood goalie war threads here.

Again though: Everywhere else, there's flame wars about him, which means there are defenders and detractors. Here there are very, very few defenders.

chicago sports fans are very annoying... and bitter.

but there is a very long - standing hatred from the blues fans. probably coming from all those PO defeats. One of Yzermans greatest moments surly was the double OT GWG when Gretzky was on thier team. How sweet that was!

could anybody recap what went on during the game to cause this thread? I don't get to see too many games. Thanks.

St. Louis fans hate everyone. That many years of the playoffs without ever winning the Cup will do that to ya.

That is a great point. Having spent a few God-forsaken years in St. Louis, I can confirm that they're about the most deranged bunch you'll find amongst all the NHL cities. A significant percentage don't even care about the score, or even about the game of hockey. As long as the Blues rack up the PIMs and leave the other team bleeding, they're happy. It's really quite bizarre, and probably helps explain why the team has never achieved anything in its 40+ year history. The best thing that could happen to the Blues franchise is probably a relocation to another city.

What do you expect from fans in Chicago when there is a 7-11 on every dang corner of the streets. Heck one was not even a block down the street. They need to cut back on drinking slurps over there.