• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Never_Retire_Steve

World Junior Championship

Rate this topic

My only problem with this tournament is that the U.S. team gets booed by all of the Canadian fans that clearly outnumber the U.S. fans. I can understand rooting for Canada or booing the U.S. if those two teams play each other, but U.S. vs. Germany? I don't know, it just seemed a little bit rude.

My only problem with this tournament is that the U.S. team gets booed by all of the Canadian fans that clearly outnumber the U.S. fans. I can understand rooting for Canada or booing the U.S. if those two teams play each other, but U.S. vs. Germany? I don't know, it just seemed a little bit rude.

Yeah, WTF. I like Canada and want to root for them when not playing the US, but BS like that makes me not want to.

McCollum was outstanding last night, I don't care that he had a goals against of 3 (for the game). He bailed us out in the last couple minutes, and even before it was a one-goal game too.

Wings prospect Joakim Andersson had a goal and 2 assists for the Swedes in their romp of Latvia tonight.

But... BUT!!

The Latvians scored a goal. And what a goal! That crowd went nuts!

Guest Shoreline
But... BUT!!

Did they? I wonder why that would be.. :lol:

But... BUT!!

That was a beauty! Side to side pass and a very distinct finish under the cross bar. It was the first shot by latvia in the game.

Guest mindfly
Filatov looked pretty good today and Russian ran over the Slovaks.

Indeed, filatov is awesome, sweden will have a tough one tomorrow... oscar moller, the captain of sweden still has zero goals, and he's in the first pp-unit, lots of ice time, last game they had 20minutes of powerplay... gah.

He better *shakes fist*..

: )

I've temp. moved to Fort McMurray, Alta. which is 500 miles from nowhere. Good oil money...

Anyway, I'll work my tail off to get to this one. I missed the 91 tournament in Saskatchewan because my family and I were moving at Christmastime. I wish there were games back home though but we don't have the building for it anymore. There could be five Sask.-born players on next year's team, which will make tickets come at an even higher premium.

I would love to see Memorial Cup tournament, but unfortunately living in Europe that ain't going to happen. Are the games actually televised in the U.S and Canada or is buying a ticket the only option?

The competition, skill level and physicality must be much more intense in WJC though. I can't imagine I would enjoy Memorial Cup as much.

My favourite tournament.

I wouldn't say Canada is the clear favourite just yet. They looked great tonight but the Czechs are apparently pretty weak this year. Sweden, USA and Russia all look good. The semifinals are going to be sick. Pretty much a guarantee that those four teams will play each other in some combination.

It's really unbelievable how good Canada would be if they had some of the eligible NHL players playing. Schenn? Stamkos? Turris? Gagner? Doughty? Sutter?

True, looking at the list of eligible junior players in NHL its mostly Canada although other countries are missing talent as well:

NHL Players born in 1989, NHL Players born in 1990