• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyerberger

R.I.P. The Knitting Lady

Rate this topic

I heard this during the pre-game. Sucks. She'd been there for as long as I could remember, but she wasn't there at all this season and I don't remember her being there last season, either.

Thanks, Knitting Lady. You were a great mascot and an even better fan.

Just heard from the commentary on FSN The Knitting Lady passed away Christmas Eve.

Rest in peace, good madame.

I heard and was sadden.

We wish you the best, and our thoughts go out to you and your family.

I had the honor of sitting next to her in 1995 for a game against the Rangers. She was awesome!! She was so knowledgeable about the game, and I always will remember she would look up at the play and then look down again, and she would always have a comment to say about what country a player was from, and she would say, oh hell he is a European he can hold his own with such and such. Also, I remember she never got excited about anything during the game, if people around her started to yell and scream at the game, she would look around at the people and wonder why is everyone getting excited? and then after that she would go back to her knitting!! She waas one of a kind!! Rest in Peace!!

I had the honor of sitting next to her in 1995 for a game against the Rangers. She was awesome!! She was so knowledgeable about the game, and I always will remember she would look up at the play and then look down again, and she would always have a comment to say about what country a player was from, and she would say, oh hell he is a European he can hold his own with such and such. Also, I remember she never got excited about anything during the game, if people around her started to yell and scream at the game, she would look around at the people and wonder why is everyone getting excited? and then after that she would go back to her knitting!! She waas one of a kind!! Rest in Peace!!

Thats great. They said she was a great grandmother to NINE kids, so I'm betting she was pretty old. She probably had seen everything there is to see in the game of hockey. Wouldn't be surprised if she was a fan for 50, 60, maybe even 70 years. Thats nuts to think about. Great lady. RIP.

Great description of her. Thanks. May she rest in peace. Prayers up for her family.

I believe they said she was 81.

Thats great. They said she was a great grandmother to NINE kids, so I'm betting she was pretty old. She probably had seen everything there is to see in the game of hockey. Wouldn't be surprised if she was a fan for 50, 60, maybe even 70 years. Thats nuts to think about. Great lady. RIP.

awwww...well she was a memorable lady who died on a memorable day of the year. fitting. we should remember her at the joe on christmas eves or the nearest game. RIP, let heaven see red babe.

Edited by Wingsor