• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

big_D

LOL check out this GEM of a Topic....

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

Uh.. their expectations must be very low of what is considered a dynasty.

Hay guise, winning streak of several games! Dynasty woohoo!

Edited by Shoreline

most of the posters there are sane. they realize the youngster that started the thread is guilty of wishful thinking. the kid falls back on "i said potential" dynasty. reminds me of some flamers here. do you expect self defeating threads on opponent fan boards? not everyone is as pessimistic as some here.

Guest Shoreline
most of the posters there are sane. they realize the youngster that started the thread is guilty of wishful thinking. the kid falls back on "i said potential" dynasty. reminds me of some flamers here. do you expect self defeating threads on opponent fan boards? not everyone is as pessimistic as some here.

I hardly see any true pessimists here. A few obvious ones, and that's it. I don't see how going on the complete opposite end of the spectrum is any better though.

BIG QUESTION how will the Hawks fare in these GAMES...this is against the BIG DOGS ... are we a contender?

1. Calgary away W

2. Vancouver away W

3. Philly home W

4. Minnesota away

5. Detroit away

6. Detroit home WC

7. Calgary home

The BIG DOGs like minnesota and vancouver...hahaha. The only big dog in that list is us.

Guest DetroitBoy313
Yea, and all that young talent will be gone after they require resigning. Gary Bettman said no to dynasties.

Good point.But the the funny thing is that Chicago yes they are close to us in the standings BUT we aren't playing even close to how we should be playing and the Hawks are playing their best hockey in over 25 years.

well, i think the first step in creating a dynasty is winning your first cup, then remain in contentionfor more than a few years with a few more cups involved. the hawks are a quickly rising star, but nowhere near a dynasty yet. I hope they remain a strong competitor so the wings don't have to rely on "new" teams for a rivalry.

No team can keep a pack of young talent anymore. Kane, Toews, Sharp, Keith, and Seabrook could easily each cost 6M a piece on the open market, and then you have guys like Campbell and Huet on the books, along with other guys like Versteeg and Byfuglien. Within the next two and a half years, they're gonna have to re-sign every single one of those guys except Sharp. Good luck with that, guys.

With that said, I'd say the next 5 years easily look brighter for the Hawks than the Wings.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

Guest mindfly

Chicago is just good because they have been a lousy team for a long time and got a few early first rounders... i just hate what the salarycap-era have done to lousy teams.

Chicago is just good because they have been a lousy team for a long time and got a few early first rounders... i just hate what the salarycap-era have done to lousy teams.

Doesn't matter. If they become really good you can just become a Hawks fan.

I know you're new to hockey so FYI, the entry draft has nothing to do with the salary cap and was around well before it.

Edited by Doggy

Doesn't matter. If they become really good you can just become a Hawks fan.

That's what I do. I just bounce around to the winning teams. These days I'm a Sharks fan. This past spring I was a Red Wings fan. According to that thread, looks like I'll be a Hawks fan in April.

They definitly have a bright future, but potential dynasty? My definition of dynasty requires at minimum back to back cups, or 2 in 3 years... to have the potential you need at least one. They have the potential to win the cup, we have the potential of a dynasty.

And they are getting ahead of themselves... "we won 8 strait games, we are unbeatable woooo" <-- that line of thinking is naive. The Wings had a 7, 8, and 9 game winnning streaks last year and I don't remember any of us calling the Wings a "potential dynasty". This is probably because we have been on top of the league for the better part of 17 years and we know that regular season sucess does not equal playoff sucess.

Exhibit A

In 95' The DRW won 62 games... and were swept in the finals.

Exhibit B

In 06' The DRW won 58 games... and lost in the first round. :puke:

The point is you have to lose before you win. But I don't mind if the Hawks fans over excite themselves and get there heart broken, boys will be boys.

How the heck does the salary cap have anything to do with that?

I love it how the salary cap is blamed for almost everything, especially when there is nothing wrong with it.