• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

XxGoWingsxX

What do you think could jumpstart the Wings?

Rate this topic

Honestly, we're playing like crap yet we're still finding ways to win. If you think about it, this could wear on the entire team easily after a while. We are 3rd in the league and 1st in our division. I honestly think that if they start to loose these close games that they're coming back on in the late stages of games, and maybe drop in the standings and division...the wings might be enticed to do some things different and work their butts harder. Think about it they're playing half assed and still winning games so there isn't a panic for them to work much harder yet. I mean, if you could do something half assed, yet still be rewarded for it, you'd do it right? Well...if they started to lose these games they're winning by a hair, they might wake up and realize they're NOT playing to their potential. The wings are also used to being up near the top of the standings, and are probably quite comfortable there. If they dropped a couple spots, it might make them uneasy and wake something inside them up. My opinions here, please let me know what u think might kick them in the arses.

At this point, I have no idea. They have won a lot of the games they've deserved to, but they've lost some, too; they've been embarrassed by teams they could normally beat; they've blown a three-goal lead in the third against Pittsburgh; they've played a few good 60-minute games; they've juggled lines and occasionally defensive pairings; they've had their captain and best player get hurt and had their weakness without him exposed; and yet they can't manage to settle and find consistency.

Whatever it is that's going to unify this team and get them back to playing Red Wings Hockey, I haven't got a clue what it is. I would like to hope that maybe if they lose the Winter Classic to a young and hungry Chicago team then they might wake up, but who knows?

Edited by ComradeWasabi

Guest E_S_A_D
having to sit on the bench and watch Abdelkader-Helm-Downey work 10 times harder than you are, for 10 times less money might be some motivation

+1

having to sit on the bench and watch Abdelkader-Helm-Downey work 10 times harder than you are, for 10 times less money might be some motivation

I like the idea, but as people are talking about in the other thread, the Wings can't bring those guys up. They don't have the cap space without putting some players on waivers and sending them down.

I like the idea, but as people are talking about in the other thread, the Wings can't bring those guys up. They don't have the cap space without putting some players on waivers and sending them down.

realistically it's not going to happen but it wouldn't be the end of the world if we made a couple of moves (trades/waivers) like some people seem to think

you can only rotate the same handful of guys into so many possible line combinations before you realize "this isn't working"

Actually i think all they need is me to be honest. I have defensive abilitys like Nick Lidstrom, I have the leadership of Stevie Y, some say i shoot the puck like Marian Hossa, have the speed of Draper, i hit like Kronwall bang in rebounds like Holmstrom. I dangle defenders, snip tenders, and birch benders.

Actually i think all they need is me to be honest. I have defensive abilitys like Nick Lidstrom, I have the leadership of Stevie Y, some say i shoot the puck like Marian Hossa, have the speed of Draper, i hit like Kronwall bang in rebounds like Holmstrom. I dangle defenders, snip tenders, and birch benders.

Guest Shoreline

Hanging some guys on the trade block (sans NTC) who aren't doing a good enough job. The benching thing has the Wings screwed with the cap situation. Mostly the Wings are just stuck with laziness until the team simply decides to start playing better defense. Have no idea how to really motivate them at this point, nearing half way through the season.

Edited by Shoreline

Guest Shoreline
Who would you place on the trading block first?

I think it would either be Maltby or Kopecky.

I'd tear up Raffy's NTC and pretend it never happened.

Downey and McCarty on the same line to stir s*** up.

Maybe then the team would play with some fire and passion for every game. Right now the 4th line isn't providing that fire and passion. This team is coming out with lazy starts at the beginning of games.

Also, I'm in favor of increasing Ozzie and Conklin's equipment size to improve their pitiful goaltending.

I'd tear up Raffy's NTC and pretend it never happened.

Who do suggest we trade him for then? I think that we could possibly get away with maybe putting Malts or Kopecky on waivers and praying they clear to bring up Helm and someone else.

IMO, I'd keep Raffy; 5th in points and 2nd in assists. Granted I think he's getting paid a bit too much.

Guest Shoreline
Who do suggest we trade him for then? I think that we could possibly get away with maybe putting Malts or Kopecky on waivers and praying they clear to bring up Helm and someone else.

IMO, I'd keep Raffy; 5th in points and 2nd in assists. Granted I think he's getting paid a bit too much.

I didn't mean necessarily trade him, but find some way to kick these guys in the ass and inspire them, one way or another, to get off their ass. Raffy is certainly one, despite his points, who has performed terribly on the defensive side given his salary and expectations.

Guest nutz2u

Trade Sammy and Lebda for draft picks to create cap space, call up a couple players (take your pick) and make some lazy asses a healthy scratch for 3 or 4 games!

What do you think could jumpstart the Wings?

The playoffs.

I'm not a fan of 16 teams making the playoffs, I like 8 or 12. Teams as good as the Wings, the regular season is a :zzz:. With less teams in the playoffs, the regular season actually means something.

Personally I think these races for the final playoff spots the NFL this year are excellent. It involves teams with winning records, unlike the NHL where it's .500 teams fighting to get in the playoffs.

Who would take Maltby?

I thought about that, then wrote my second post (the one about just putting him on waivers, even if we lost him, it would just be a lost agitator...I think Hudler, Stuart, and Hossa have been pissing the opposition off plenty as of recent games).

They should put up a board in the locker room and put red and gold stars on it. Put in 100% effort and try your hardest, get a gold star. Play like crap and don't try? red star. Enough red stars and you're either scratched or traded. Kinda like treating them like kids, cause they're certainly not putting in 100% every day.