• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedArmy

Cherepanov took steroids as well...

Rate this topic

http://www.newsru.com/sport/29dec2008/che.html (link is in Russian though)

according to the latest release from Russian investigators, Cherepanov died from a heart attack. Turns out he had heart problems that might have started a year prior to his death that were not diagnosed. In additions to that he was taking steroids for a few months prior to his death... Investigators also concluded that if Cherepanov received the right medical help at the stadium where he collapsed, he would have been ok... The stadium didn't have the right equipment or paramedics on standby , so it is considered criminal negligence or something along those lines...

Edited by RedArmy

Guest mindfly

Steroids in my book are syntethic hormones.

So you can't really say this was steroids, he just increased red blood cells in his body to be able to carry more oxygen to the muscles.

Edited by mindfly

So you can't really say this was steroids, he just increased red blood cells in his body to be able to carry more oxygen to the muscles.

Synthetic hormones or Steriods are banned substances by the NHL (which was his ultimate goal). I'm fairly confident Cherepanov didn't wake up one morning and think to himself, "Boy, I could really use increased red blood cells to be able to carry more oxygen to my muscles". The fact of the matter is that this lilkely added to what happened the night he died.

Guest Shoreline

If he took steroids and this happened as a result, he deserved it. Nature has a way of taking out people for doing dumb things like this.

I don't really buy into the steroid thing in this case. I feel like the KHL is trying to cover up for not having the proper the medical staff on hand. I think that this is an attempt to try and make the KHL look like they are not at fault.

1) Steroids are synthetic hormones, and not just in your book. But they're still steroids, so of course you can say it was steroids, because that's what it was. So simple it's almost nonsensical.

2) I think you're confusing steroids with doping drugs like EPO. EPO is a synthetic drug that increases red blood cell production, with the theory it carries more oxygen to the muscles and aids in recovery, which is why it's popular in cycling. Steroids are a synthetic version of testosterone, and trick the body into creating more proteins which helps create muscle mass. As far as I know they don't increase red blood cell production.

If he took steroids and this happened as a result, he deserved it. Nature has a way of taking out people for doing dumb things like this.

It was stupid and unethical, but you think he deserved to die for it??

He was a young kid who was trying to compete at the elite level of a professional sport and made some very bad decisions (if he was in fact taking steroids). To say he deserved to die for that is a bit harsh, don't ya think?

He was a young kid who was trying to compete at the elite level of a professional sport and made some very bad decisions (if he was in fact taking steroids). To say he deserved to die for that is a bit harsh, don't ya think?

QFT

There are plenty of people that abuse not only illegal but legal drugs all the while putting themselves in worse case scenarios than Cherepanov was in and they live a long life. This was a mistake by Cherepanov but no one deserves to die from a mistake like this.

I don't really buy into the steroid thing in this case. I feel like the KHL is trying to cover up for not having the proper the medical staff on hand. I think that this is an attempt to try and make the KHL look like they are not at fault.

the article says that the tests showed that there were no drugs or alcohol at the time of Cherepanov's death. there were traces of steroids that were used within the past several months prior to his death. This wasn't KHL's investigation, authorities got involved, so this was triggered by the fact that there was no defibrillator at the arena and no paramedics on hold... They blame it on the fact that he had a heart issue that wasn't diagnosed and lack of equipment versus steroids... They actually also wrote that this is a major black eye for KHL and makes Russian hockey look really bad...

btw whoever said he deserved to die for taking steroids? no one deserves to die... they all probably do stupid things at young age, especially in Russia trying to make it to nhl... he is young kid...

Edited by RedArmy

Guest Shoreline

As mentioned in the post you quoted, nature has a way of weeding out people for doing stupid things. Pretty sure that's the very definition of survival of the fittest, not survival of the dumbest. But that's just working on the case of him doing steroids (note the "if") -- for all we know it might not have been the steroids that caused his death. The article didn't exactly pin it on steroids, just mentioned it as a possibility (using a Google translator).

As mentioned in the post you quoted, nature has a way of weeding out people for doing stupid things. Pretty sure that's the very definition of survival of the fittest, not survival of the dumbest. But that's just working on the case of him doing steroids (note the "if") -- for all we know it might not have been the steroids that caused his death. The article didn't exactly pin it on steroids, just mentioned it as a possibility (using a Google translator).

I guess I just don't think people deserve to die for most mistakes.

It must be nice to have never been young and foolish and never made bad choices.

Guest Shoreline
I guess I just don't think people deserve to die for most mistakes.

It must be nice to have never been young and foolish and never made bad choices.

Everyone is young and foolish, however, some make critically dumb choices, and most do not. This might possibly be him paying the price for taking a high risk just to gain a competitive edge. I may have sympathy for those who died without making any conscious choice (like the person killed by a drunk driver while merely driving on the road like everyone else), but not someone making a critically stupid choice -- again, working on the assumption that this killed him. It may just be blowing hot air if it wasn't the reason.

Guest Shoreline
The TSN article says nothing about steroids. In fact it says that a spokesperson refused to say what the substances were.

True, but I don't see why one should discount the numerous mentions of steroids and doping in the OP's article.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

You really know nothing about steroids do you? Natrue has a way of making uneducated pricks who hope people fail, live an unhappy life. Have fun beeing depressed.

Cherapanov isn't the only player who has taken steroids, I'm going to get flak for it, but as a former user of a dbol and test cycle, Chelios has obviously done his fare share, most probably of anavar + winstrol.

It's funny reading people perception of steroids who have never taken it and take the media at its word.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
Even more of a black eye for the KHL.

I'd estimate that around 20% of the NHL is juiced, mostly on leaning steroids such as anavar, Clenbuterol, and Winstrol. Maybe some deka too recover faster. You guys need to quit living in your fantasy world, It's not even cehating if everyone is doing it.

Guest mindfly
I'd estimate that around 20% of the NHL is juiced, mostly on leaning steroids such as anavar, Clenbuterol, and Winstrol. Maybe some deka too recover faster. You guys need to quit living in your fantasy world, It's not even cehating if everyone is doing it.

Deca, yeh right, 18months in your blood, no no they are not that stupid... maybe testo suspension which is out of your body in 24hours, and different kinds of peptides such as hgh, peg-mgf is not visible on those tests... why would anyone use clenbuterol when its catabolic, maybe the fatty ones who need to drop weight in the summers to become faster, carie price for example :P

20% < Everyone

20% < Majority

Guest Shoreline
You really know nothing about steroids do you? Natrue has a way of making uneducated pricks who hope people fail, live an unhappy life. Have fun beeing depressed.

Nope, not depressed -- engaged and perfectly happy. Your diagnosis = fail, doc, and I sense some roid rage.

It's funny reading people perception of steroids who have never taken it and take the media at its word.

Sorry, I don't pay attention to the media. I don't even have cable to do so with. That's two horses*** comments by you. Take pride. I only pay attention to the numerous players who've done stupid s*** due to steroids. Acts committed by them prominently due to taking steroids, and the obvious and clear adverse affects, particularly related to the heart, in taking them. If a person dies shooting up Speedball I'm not going to feel sorry for them either, and in either case doubt nature, and especially their body, will care any more than me.

20% < Everyone

20% < Majority

I estimate 100% of his numbers he pulled out of his ass.

Edited by Shoreline

The article on the NHL website said he may have engaged in "blood doping" without elaboration. Steroids were not specifically mentioned. As their may be legal action due to negligence of the medical response to his collapse, the accusation of doping is very vague and questionable at this point. Even if it is true it's only of very tangential relevance to his death anyway; the pre-existing heart condition and reports of a poor medical response are what really matter.