• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

titanium2

Sammy not practicing

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

When maltby's and draper's current contracts are over it will finally be over right? they can't re-sign at this high age?

Edited by mindfly

When maltby's and draper's current contracts are over it will finally be over right? they can't re-sign at this high age?

If that were true, Cheli would have been put out to pasture 8 years ago...

Guest mindfly

Yeah but Chelios is..special? :P

I believe Drapes still has three more seasons on his...

***side note*** They are younger than Lidstrom.

Malts is through June 2010; Drapes in through June 2011.

Personally, I don't think Malts will re-sign. Drapes may be done by his time as well.

I love them both, and I hope that when they leave, it is their decision. They deserve to go out well.

Well ok Sammy's not practicing oh boy.. whatever. If the guy didn't play personally I'd miss him about this much.

As for Draper and Malts.. I was looking at this myself a few days back and yes both have more than a year left on their contracts and yes that doesn't sit well with me. Darren Helm and Justin Abdelkader could *almost* do their jobs. But.. whatever we could be doing a lot worse. Hey San Jose signed Claudia Le Turtle.. least we're not going anywhere near that level of the basement!

I'm tired of seeing Meech playing at forward. How is this helping his development as a defenseman when he's played forward all season when he's in the lineup?

This injury to Sammy is the perfect opportunity to give Downey a shot to kick some ass and give this team some much needed energy. Instead, we dress another undersized forward.

Also, if Lidstrom does come back, Chelli should still play in the Winter Classic, being from Chicago and all.

The reason Meech is playing forward is becuase of the cap. No one form GR can be called up at the moment without either

a) Lidstrom being placed on long-term-injury (which means he misses 10 games, automatic) or

b) Meech being sent down and having to clear waivers, and most likely getting scooped up by another team.

Well ok Sammy's not practicing oh boy.. whatever. If the guy didn't play personally I'd miss him about this much.

As for Draper and Malts.. I was looking at this myself a few days back and yes both have more than a year left on their contracts and yes that doesn't sit well with me. Darren Helm and Justin Abdelkader could *almost* do their jobs. But.. whatever we could be doing a lot worse. Hey San Jose signed Claudia Le Turtle.. least we're not going anywhere near that level of the basement!

No, we went to that same basement last year with D-Mac, so hopefully our two basement boys can meet up in the playoffs.

Guest mindfly

No one wanna risk being ill/injured during winter classic, i think the play with the safe cards, better safe than sorry with both lidstrom and samuelsson