• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sjradio

For you Aaron Downey fans

Rate this topic

http://ahl.neulion.com/team/console.jsp?catid=3&id=1518

I posted this over in the Griffins forum, but I know many of you wouldn't have seen this if it was there only.

But the AHL site has a video of Aaron Downey mic'd up during the Griffins game at Manitoba a few weeks ago.

Some interesting grunting and pregame stuff, but the game stuff is your standard in game chat.

I miss him a lot, but it's going to take a lot for Downey to leapfrog past Tomas Kopecky and crack this lineup. You know, like steal the compromising photos of Ken Holland that Kopecky apparently has. I mean, I'm sure he has them hidden somewhere where someone can't just grab them and run off with them. And he may have extra copies saved somewhere. Yeah, it won't be easy.

Honestly, it looks like his skills have improved, if only a bit. Because last year, he probably misses those passes/loose pucks :lol:

Well hes also playing in the AHL...

But the kind of spirit and energy and positivity and whatnot is something that I think would really help the Wings out.

Guest E_S_A_D

Why would the Wings want him up?

He provides passion, leadership, energy, and grit.... That's nothing a 4th line needs on the Red Wings. :scared:

I miss him a lot, but it's going to take a lot for Downey to leapfrog past Tomas Kopecky and crack this lineup. You know, like steal the compromising photos of Ken Holland that Kopecky apparently has. I mean, I'm sure he has them hidden somewhere where someone can't just grab them and run off with them. And he may have extra copies saved somewhere. Yeah, it won't be easy.

So THAT explains why Kopecky's been playing! I knew it had to be some dastardly plot!

Why would the Wings want him up?

He provides passion, leadership, energy, and grit.... That's nothing a 4th line needs on the Red Wings. :scared:

But...but...Hossa lives in Kopecky's house! so there! that's all our 4th line really needs ;)

sure downey doesn't have the best skills out there on the ice, but he would for sure play harder during his shifts than kopecky ever does. I think we should bring him up. He will probably even score before maltby does too.

sure downey doesn't have the best skills out there on the ice, but he would for sure play harder during his shifts than kopecky ever does. I think we should bring him up. He will probably even score before maltby does too.

I normally advocate for Kopecky staying in the lineup, because I think he's a solid young fourth liner, but I would definitely think hard about replacing him with Downey (if we had the available capspace), although one concern of mine would be Downey's defensive ability.