• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BlackhawksFan

A travesty on hockey's good name

Rate this topic

This first look isn't deceiving

Hidden in this gem of an article is:

McDonough said there is talk right now of a celebrity singing "Take Me Out to The Ball Game" during the Winter Classic. If it happens, it would likely occur at the 10-minute mark of the third period, when the team's are slated to switch goals.

"We're talking about that right now," McDonough said. "We have suggested a few people. I would love to see it happen."

This sort of thing should not be happening at a hockey game. Blackhawks fans have put up long enough with McCub's theatrics. The circus atmosphere inherent to a Cubs "game" is, sadly, already beginning to creep into the United Center. Next thing you know, he'll be importing the century long championship drought, too.

The level of douchebaggery in this marketing-infested country never ceases to amaze and disgust me. Bill Hicks said it best: "If you are a marketer, kill yourself"

If it ain't broke DON'T FIX IT!!

I love Bill Hicks.

I really hope they don't do this. IT'S NOT BASEBALL, AND I DON'T EVEN LIKE THAT SONG.

thats a great idea!! you know what??? how bout we just tear down the rink, and then just play baseball??? That way im SURE america will love hockey!

This is $(@#% STUPID. I understand respecting the field your in but i completely dissagree with making this whole thing about baseball. What league is this game even advertising for anymore??? Are we just trying to sell cubs season tickets now?? this is a joke. There is a hockey game being played with some of the best players in the league on the ice, and instead of focusing on hockey they are going to spend the whole time talking up the sport and team of the field their playing in???? this whole game is turning in to a travesty.

The only reason wrigley field is where the game should be taking place is because it is an open field with stands around it. The focus should be on the hockey, not the god damn field it is in.

:ranting:

oh and the big house should be where this game is taking place any way!

I don't mind the idea. Its a historic ball park, and tradition has to be upheld. Who are we to deny tradition, especially when Wrigley Field has been so kindly used for the nhl's new tradition?

Also, its really not that big a deal either way. Singing the song isn't going to rattle the foundation of hockey fans and destroy the sport. Or am I missing something?

Yep.

It's just a song that is as far from as offensive as you can get.

Don't really see the harm in possibly doing this.

oh cool! so next time the yankee's play the red sox we can have don cherry sing "the good old hockey game" Right? No?

oh,...

It's a baseball song, that's the problem.

"Cause it's one, two three strikes your out, at the old ball game"

Please tell me what in the flying flip mode squad that has to do with the most hyped regular season HOCKEY game of the year.

oh cool! so next time the yankee's play the red sox we can have don cherry sing "the good old hockey game" Right? No?

oh,...

It's a baseball song, that's the problem.

"Cause it's one, two three strikes your out, at the old ball game"

Please tell me what in the flying flip mode squad that has to do with the most hyped regular season HOCKEY game of the year.

EXACTLY.