• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CrossoverThrash

Tootoo does it agian

Rate this topic

I don't particularly like the guy but I would gladly add him to our 4th line over either Maltby or Kopecky without hesitation!

Nope. This is the wrong answer.

Nothing about him screams quality, classy hockey, which is what the Red Wings organization is all about. The only step-up this guy deserves is a medal for his ability to defy physics. Equal and opposite reaction? Not Tootoo. A love tap (let alone not touching him at all) tosses him to the ice like a thrown rag doll.

And he wont even step up and be accountable for his actions. Childish, weak and cowardly. The whole league could do without.

+1

Avery's a ****** and I think he's bad for the league, but the guy has 10 times the hockey skills of Tootoo.

Tootoo has never cracked 20 points and is a career -25. That's a lot of pucks in his net considering he's only on the ice 10 minutes a game.

No doubt, and I would never argue that. In fact, if you've noticed any of my posts in previous Avery threads I make mention that Avery would be a great player if he would shut his damn mouth. My comment was in regards to the disgraceful things he does off the ice, not on.....although the Brodeur incident last year was downright pathetic, but in a different way than Tootoo's cheapshots.

I think there is a difference between Avery and Tootoo though, too. Avery saves his cheap shots for off the ice.

In this clip I don't really see anything wrong with Tootoo trying to hit someone and missing, and then actually hitting someone, and then not fighting someone. I mean, what wasn't cheap about Tucker aiming a cross-check at his face?

In this instance he's a fourth liner out against the opponent's fourth line. Aren't they supposed to hit each other? Isn't that good, old-time hockey?

You don't have to like the guy, but I don't think this clip epitomizes the dirty, cowardly play of Jordin Tootoo.

This play doesn't show how dirty he is, but it shows how cowardly he is. He gets under people's skin (and bravo for that, Maltby used to be great at that) but time and time again he's resorted to dirty play. My comment was one in regards to his career, not this play alone.....otherwise I wouldn't have even made the statement.

i would not want Tootoo on this team and i will make a comparison to Pronger and Chelios, they are both guys Wings fans hate and used to hate, but in reality they are good players and Pronger is not as bad as everyone thinks, sure he has the stomping incident and a few elbows but he dosen't run around purposefully boarding, charging, and kneeing anything in sight and he actually has a ton of hockey skills unlike Tootoo. Regardless, Tootoo missed his check big time hahaahah.

Pound for pound, toughest guy in the league. If Tootoo fought every time he was challenged, he'd never touch the ice. My money's on #22 against anyone on the Colorado squad (Laperriere, Tucker, McLeod, McCormick).

Foofoo is good at picking his fights; he sure as hell won't start anything with someone that he thinks will kick his tail for him... He is one of the most overrated players in the NHL. Skating skills aren't very good, Puck handling is a joke, and with Nashville lack of depth on their roster, he sees 2nd line time every now and then. That annoying whistle sound when he hits the ice is piped in, along with the idiots in the stands that do it. Some idiot tried arguing with me that Tootoo beat up Jody Shelley, but after reading his fight log at Hockeyfights.com, they've never fought.

Pound for pound, toughest guy in the league. If Tootoo fought every time he was challenged, he'd never touch the ice. My money's on #22 against anyone on the Colorado squad (Laperriere, Tucker, McLeod, McCormick).

This might be true as long as he continues his streak of dropping the gloves and throwing a punch before anyone else on the ice is even aware there's supposed to be a fight. Tootoo is nothing but a chickens*** little *****.

Go become a predators fan then...

I second this motion..

Why in the Puck don't ppl see this guy for what he is? (an over-zealous @$$ clown)

I hate seeing players hurt, but one of these days somebody's gonna cash this guys check and it's not going to be pretty. I hope I'm watching.

EDIT

I agree with ppl's posts up there about him being a cheapshot artist, of course. And as for comparing him to Avery, who I have no love for either, at least Avery can play the game. Tootoo can't, and really I think he fires up the other team as much as he does anything.

Edited by ltgator333

i would not want Tootoo on this team and i will make a comparison to Pronger and Chelios, they are both guys Wings fans hate and used to hate, but in reality they are good players and Pronger is not as bad as everyone thinks, sure he has the stomping incident and a few elbows but he dosen't run around purposefully boarding, charging, and kneeing anything in sight and he actually has a ton of hockey skills unlike Tootoo. Regardless, Tootoo missed his check big time hahaahah.

I agree with all of your post except the bolded part. Pronger has been suspended 8 times in his 14 (15 including this year) years in the NHL. That doesn't happen if a guy isn't a cheapshot artist and/or a dirty player. The guy has a lot of talent but that doesn't change the fact that he is as bad as many here think and he has the suspensions to prove it.

Edited by Frozen-Man

Nope. This is the wrong answer.

Nothing about him screams quality, classy hockey, which is what the Red Wings organization is all about.

But Probert getting caught crossing the bridge with drugs does?

I agree with all of your post except the bolded part. Pronger has been suspended 8 times in his 14 (15 including this year) years in the NHL. That doesn't happen if a guy isn't a cheapshot artist and/or a dirty player. The guy has a lot of talent but that doesn't change the fact that he is as bad as many here think and he has the suspensions to prove it.

never said he wasn't a cheapshot artist, but he is by far in a much higher class than Tootoo

Agitating is fine, finishing every check is fine. What's not okay is being challenged to answer for your actions and just standing there like a ***** with your gloves at your side.

Laperriere and Tucker are not monster heavyweights; especially Tucker. Tootoo has done his share of fighting over the years (albeit somewhat cheaply with the early sucker punches at times), but he's turned into a diving wuss lately and if you take away the toughness in his game there's not much left.

It has been said many times but do you guys notice that at least twice in that series of replays someone tried to get Tootoo to go but he would not. That is the reason he makes me want to puke is that he acts like a tool but is never willing to drop the gloves.

But Probert getting caught crossing the bridge with drugs does?

Yeah that wasn't good. But nobody, and I mean nobody in their right mind could say that while Proby was playing in Det that he was a chickens*** and/or cheapshot artist. If he started something he could surely back it up 100%. And he could play hockey better that 22.

Agitating is fine, finishing every check is fine. What's not okay is being challenged to answer for your actions and just standing there like a ***** with your gloves at your side.

Laperriere and Tucker are not monster heavyweights; especially Tucker. Tootoo has done his share of fighting over the years (albeit somewhat cheaply with the early sucker punches at times), but he's turned into a diving wuss lately and if you take away the toughness in his game there's not much left.

Tootoo has answered the call a hell of a lot more times than the likes of Maltby and Samuelsson - who can be downright embarrassing at their reluctance to drop the gloves, except when there is a ref holding them back when they put on the "Why I oughtta...." act.

He is a ******, but I`d take him on my team anyday.

his only upside is that he draws occasional penalties and injures other teams players, hes not even as gifted offensively as kopecky, plus anyone remember when he basically just handed Franzen the puck last game?

Pretty much that is my beef with him in that first blurb.

I have no problem with Tootoo playing an intense hard-nosed game.

I have no problem with Nashville fans thinking he is a fan favorite even though he is generally hated around the league, because there will always be the home-team bias regardless of the team because face it, he does bust his tail off skating and looking to hit people. That yields passion/energy to fans.

I don't hate Tootoo with a passion like plenty do around here but when he doesn't man up or sucker punch somebody from behind like he did to Robidas (?) last year in Dallas, that is what I have a problem with.

his only upside is that he draws occasional penalties and injures other teams players, hes not even as gifted offensively as kopecky, plus anyone remember when he basically just handed Franzen the puck last game?

Not sure how anyone can use the words "as gifted offensively as kopecky" all in the same sentence. I wonder sometimes if kopecky has prosthetic hands or if he may perhaps benefit from using a snow shovel rather than a hockey stick.