• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CrossoverThrash

Tootoo does it agian

Rate this topic

Not sure how anyone can use the words "as gifted offensively as kopecky" all in the same sentence. I wonder sometimes if kopecky has prosthetic hands or if he may perhaps benefit from using a snow shovel rather than a hockey stick.

Kopecky did actually score a nice goal in international play once, he jsut seems to suck in the NHL thoguh

That's retarded.

What's retarded is Maltby and Kopecky on the same line on the same team. 2 useless players that provide little if anything at all... They don't provide any sort of grit, or toughness, or any sort scoring ability. All they do provide is few minutes per game that other players can rest and that is the extent of it... thats retarded!

But Probert getting caught crossing the bridge with drugs does?

Probert had alot of off-ice issue's that's for sure but what he did for the Red Wings was unquestionable. He played his role the best he could and he did make a difference more than Kopecky, Maltby or Tootoo combined.

I was a huge Probert fan as you can tell!

Towards the end of the clip you get a good look at Tootoo throwing a straight punch to Clowe's jaw before Clowe even has a chance to turn and face him.

No, he is a dickhead I am not even trying to cover that fact but IMHO he does provide more energy to a game then both Maltby and Kopecky do. Maltby tries to agitate but only successfully annoys people... Tootoo does agitate and is good at it. Kopecky? He's good for helping us sign Hossa and for filling up a seat on the bench that should be filled by Helm.

Guest E_S_A_D

Tootoo is the type of guy you LOVE if he's on your team, hate if he's on the other. I'd trade our 3rd or 4th line entirely for him =)

He doesn't fight often, because he doesn't need to. He can hold his own with any middleweight in the league though and some heavies.

Tootoo is the type of guy you LOVE if he's on your team, hate if he's on the other. I'd trade our 3rd or 4th line entirely for him =)

He doesn't fight often, because he doesn't need to. He can hold his own with any middleweight in the league though and some heavies.

I'd hate to see the puck constantly turned over in our own end, pass on tootoo

The clips of the fights with Wisniewski and Clowe seem to argue against him being a coward it would seem. Sure he got the crap beat out of him and he took one early swing but it's not like he always runs from a fight.

Was McCarty cheap for jumping Lemieux from behind before pummeling him into the ice?

All I'm saying is dislike the guy if you want, but don't act like your emotional response is rational.

The clips of the fights with Wisniewski and Clowe seem to argue against him being a coward it would seem. Sure he got the crap beat out of him and he took one early swing but it's not like he always runs from a fight.

Was McCarty cheap for jumping Lemieux from behind before pummeling him into the ice?

All I'm saying is dislike the guy if you want, but don't act like your emotional response is rational.

He dosent always back down but most of the time when he cheapshots someone he declines, but when its an instance where he can have any kind of advantage that's when he fights usually

He dosent always back down but most of the time when he cheapshots someone he declines, but when its an instance where he can have any kind of advantage that's when he fights usually

Anyway, he does fight, hit, agitate and could possibly pot 10 goals in a season and all of the above are an upgrade on anything that Maltby or Kopecky combined can offer. I think a more productive 4th line chipping in with the occassional goal and providing some excitement and more then just filler time would be helpful. So what if he doesn't accept every fight that he instigates he still gets into 100% more fights then all of our 4th line combined... I can't remember seeing any of our 4th liners fight anyone, win lose or draw!!

Tootoo has answered the call a hell of a lot more times than the likes of Maltby and Samuelsson - who can be downright embarrassing at their reluctance to drop the gloves, except when there is a ref holding them back when they put on the "Why I oughtta...." act.

Well I don't think anyone would argue that Sammy or Maltby play with any kind of great honor. But those guys bring (or used to bring, in Maltby's case) something else to the table, at least.

Nope. And I'm one of the few who would like to have Pronger on the Wings.

Tootoo doesn't do enough good things on the ice to justify being the gutless ****** he is most of the time. There's better 4th liners out there. If a team's looking for a guy to provide energy, hit, drop the gloves a bit and stir things up while being a defensive liability, they could probably find a guy in the minors for half the cost of Tootoo.

Anyway, he does fight, hit, agitate and could possibly pot 10 goals in a season and all of the above are an upgrade on anything that Maltby or Kopecky combined can offer. I think a more productive 4th line chipping in with the occassional goal and providing some excitement and more then just filler time would be helpful. So what if he doesn't accept every fight that he instigates he still gets into 100% more fights then all of our 4th line combined... I can't remember seeing any of our 4th liners fight anyone, win lose or draw!!

Our 4th line needs help for sure but Tootoo isn't the answer. And the 10 goals doesn't mean much when you factor in how many are scored against while he's on the ice.

Nope. And I'm one of the few who would like to have Pronger on the Wings.

Tootoo doesn't do enough good things on the ice to justify being the gutless ****** he is most of the time. There's better 4th liners out there. If a team's looking for a guy to provide energy, hit, drop the gloves a bit and stir things up while being a defensive liability, they could probably find a guy in the minors for half the cost of Tootoo.

Our 4th line needs help for sure but Tootoo isn't the answer. And the 10 goals doesn't mean much when you factor in how many are scored against while he's on the ice.

True and True, Tootoo is far dirtier than Pronger and he gives up the puck in his own zone no less far more than any player in the NHL should be

1 - The fight against Wis, Tootoo started throwing punches before his gloves hit the ice and Wis knew they were fighting.

2 - He started punching Clowe in the face while he was engaged with someone else, and still got his s*** run.

3 - McCarty didn't jump Lemieux from behind.

I can't believe there are LGW fans who would love to see this guy wearing the Winged Wheel.

Disgusting.

I don't recall anyone saying that they would love him in Detroit only that he would be a hell of a better 4th line role player then what we have now.

Sometimes the homerism on this board is unbearable. Maybe they should change the name from lgw.com to redwinghomers.com.

Edited by The Secret

I don't recall anyone saying that they would love him in Detroit only that he would be a hell of a better 4th line role player then what we have now.

Sometimes the homerism on this board is unbearable. Maybe they should change the name from lgw.com to redwinghomers.com.

Good one.

Oh wait:

Tootoo is an enormous D-bag. Granted I'm sure he's incredibly fun to root for if you were a Nashville fan, of course what else does a Nashville fan really have to root for again besides making that mythic leap to the 2nd round of the playoffs?

As for making the game more exciting overall; while true, that's like saying the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand made Europe a more exciting place.

I'm seing nothing but a legal hit on that last one... What am I missing?

Well one, its charging. Clearly more than 3 strides. Two its probably 5 mins. Three is it legal to go to the players head like that these days?

I'm seing nothing but a legal hit on that last one... What am I missing?

You didn't miss anything. The one thing no one has mentioned is how chicken#### #12 grabs Tootoo by the jersey while he is down and pulls him inbetween himself and the other players like a line he's drawn a line in the sand.

So what is up with Chelios? I was disappointed that he didn't play here in Nashville last week. I know everyone here chants "Chelios is a sissy" but I am not one of them. I think he is a great player and a great person. I've always enjoyed watching him play.

Our most hated player here now is Joe Thornton. Next time the Wings play the Sharks will you have someone take care of him please?

Edited by ladypredsfan