• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CrossoverThrash

Tootoo does it agian

Rate this topic

1 - The fight against Wis, Tootoo started throwing punches before his gloves hit the ice and Wis knew they were fighting.

2 - He started punching Clowe in the face while he was engaged with someone else, and still got his s*** run.

3 - McCarty didn't jump Lemieux from behind.

1 & 2 - You are right, he did jump them unexpectedly. My original point was that the OP video wasn't the best example of dirty, cowardly play. Those other clips show that he likes to take advantages, and even though he gets his butt stomped, I think he deserves some credit (not a lot, just some) for hanging in there.

3 - You're right, I was wrong, although McCarty did blindside Lemieux with a glove while he was unexpectedly skating to the bench.

Like I said before: you don't have to like the guy. I don't LOVE him as someone else said, but then I'm so loyal that I'd never trade Maltby or Kopecky either. I don't think we need him on our team, but that doesn't mean I try to justify some irrational emotional response ("Tootoo's a douchebag!") as if it's completely logical that he is indeed a ******. He plays tough minutes and gives his team energy. In that respect he's a good hockey player.

You didn't miss anything. The one thing no one has mentioned is how chicken#### #12 grabs Tootoo by the jersey while he is down and pulls him inbetween himself and the other players like a line he's drawn a line in the sand.

So what is up with Chelios? I was disappointed that he didn't play here in Nashville last week. I know everyone here chants "Chelios is a sissy" but I am not one of them. I think he is a great player and a great person. I've always enjoyed watching him play.

Our most hated player here now is Joe Thornton. Next time the Wings play the Sharks will you have someone take care of him please?

He grabs him by the jersey while he's down because Tootoo crumpled to the ice so he wouldn't have to fight. That would have been one of the rare circumstances where I wouldn't have minded someone throwing punches at a guy on the ice.

1 & 2 - You are right, he did jump them unexpectedly. My original point was that the OP video wasn't the best example of dirty, cowardly play. Those other clips show that he likes to take advantages, and even though he gets his butt stomped, I think he deserves some credit (not a lot, just some) for hanging in there.

3 - You're right, I was wrong, although McCarty did blindside Lemieux with a glove while he was unexpectedly skating to the bench.

Like I said before: you don't have to like the guy. I don't LOVE him as someone else said, but then I'm so loyal that I'd never trade Maltby or Kopecky either. I don't think we need him on our team, but that doesn't mean I try to justify some irrational emotional response ("Tootoo's a douchebag!") as if it's completely logical that he is indeed a ******. He plays tough minutes and gives his team energy. In that respect he's a good hockey player.

Yeah, I agree the McCarty - Lemieux thing wasn't necessarily the cleanest play ever. D-Mac did come at him from where Turtle could see him at least though, and he knew it was coming at some point. Prior actions by Lemiuex justified it at that point though.

And I don't think it's an emotional response saying "Tootoo's a douchebag." I feel like it's well-documented that he's a ******, from the manner in which he starts fight sometimes to his sucker punch on Robidas. It's not emotional, I think I have pretty good reasons for hating Jordin Tootoo.

You didn't miss anything. The one thing no one has mentioned is how chicken#### #12 grabs Tootoo by the jersey while he is down and pulls him inbetween himself and the other players like a line he's drawn a line in the sand.

So what is up with Chelios? I was disappointed that he didn't play here in Nashville last week. I know everyone here chants "Chelios is a sissy" but I am not one of them. I think he is a great player and a great person. I've always enjoyed watching him play.

Our most hated player here now is Joe Thornton. Next time the Wings play the Sharks will you have someone take care of him please?

lol, he was sticking up for his teammate who was charged at and tootoo clearly sold the clothesline tootoo is such a diver

I've got to agree with most of the sentiments here, he is a guy with little hockey "skills" who just runs around trying to hit, and as mentioned in the posts above, hurt other players.

Then after cheap shotting several Avs players to make up for their hospitality while laying on their bench, rag dolls and looks at the ref when LaPerriere wants to give him a knuckle sandwich.

Don't like him, will never like him, and one of these days he will get what is coming to him. Thankfully he is in Nashville, which I believe is also known as "hockey pergatory". Or is that Atlanta?

Thornton offered to go with Tootoo during the last Sharks - Preds game, Tootoo declined when they were close to each other, the linesman steps in and then Foofoo drops his mitts...... Then you hear some redneck say "TOOTOO FIGHTS ALL THE BIG GUYS" nothing could be further from the truth....

I don't recall anyone saying that they would love him in Detroit only that he would be a hell of a better 4th line role player then what we have now.

Sometimes the homerism on this board is unbearable. Maybe they should change the name from lgw.com to redwinghomers.com.

so, how's it feel....knowing yer a moosefart, eh?

Thornton offered to go with Tootoo during the last Sharks - Preds game, Tootoo declined when they were close to each other, the linesman steps in and then Foofoo drops his mitts...... Then you hear some redneck say "TOOTOO FIGHTS ALL THE BIG GUYS" nothing could be further from the truth....

You don't call Iginla, Laperrier, Barch, O'brien or Staubitz big?

I would just rather him never be a Wing. This organization is too classy to have some ******* talentless chicken, who skates in circles with his head cutoff looking to take a cheap shot at a skilled player. I put him in the same class as a Sean Avery, Ryan Hollweg, and Chris Simon. I am totally for good clean hits and physical hockey, like the Wings/Hawks game lastnight. I just diasagree with their style of play.

I would just rather him never be a Wing. This organization is too classy to have some ******* talentless chicken, who skates in circles with his head cutoff looking to take a cheap shot at a skilled player. I put him in the same class as a Sean Avery, Ryan Hollweg, and Chris Simon. I am totally for good clean hits and physical hockey, like the Wings/Hawks game lastnight. I just diasagree with their style of play.

also Kaleta, Ruutuu, Eager, and Cooke, these guys will run you from behind and just run away as soon as the gloves come off. There is a proper way to be a pest, look at Carcillo, mcCormick or Ott they will talk the talk and walk the walk and annoy the s*** out of you at the same time, which is what a "pest" should be.

also Kaleta, Ruutuu, Eager, and Cooke, these guys will run you from behind and just run away as soon as the gloves come off. There is a proper way to be a pest, look at Carcillo, mcCormick or Ott they will talk the talk and walk the walk and annoy the s*** out of you at the same time, which is what a "pest" should be.

Would you consider Chelios a "pest" ? (In his blackhawk days at least)

Perhaps there are varying degrees of pests. For instance Tootoo and Maltby can talk and talk and talk all game long but usually avoid fisticuffs. Their effectiveness is based on irritation but not physical confrontation because they get rolled, which gives the opponent the advantage.

Guys like Ott or Clarkson can actually win a fight so they may allow simple verbal assaults to become four-knuckle conversations. They are effective at both annoying their opponent, or if the situation warrants, pummeling him as well.

A guy like Chelios can be an effective defenseman as well as a pest (see his seven hacks to Patrick Kane last season) but not a scrapper. Holmstrom is also very capable at getting under the oppositions skin but can't fight to save his face, but he is no less effective at affecting the other team.

If you allow for the existence of a graduated scale of effective pestering then Tootoo performs his role as well as is expected of him by his coach and GM.

Just something to consider....