• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#21 hudson

hudson

Prospect

• 35 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (SeeinRed @ December 30, 2008 - 04:48AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only reason Tootoo doesn't get destroyed too often is because he just goes for the takedown when he realizes he's outmatched. He's been fed his lunch by the likes of Foote and Wisniewski, and Barch would have broken his face in half if he didn't let up when they fought.

And Wisniewski was at the "Tootoo disadvantage" in his fight, being swung at before Tootoo's gloves even hit the ice.

Jordin Tootoo is a chickens***. Toughest guy in the league my ass.

I have been lurking here since last year without posting. Being a Blackhawk fan I didn't want to labeled a troll. But there is one thing I think we can all agree on, we could all do without the Jordan Tootoo's playing in the NHL. The fight with Wisniewski came after Tootoo was going after some of the Hawks more skilled players ( from behind). Wisniewski just pounded him. Unfortunetly the only damage Tootoo did was with his stick. Wis stepped on it on the ice and tore up his knee.

Looking forward to next two games. Should be soem good hockey. BTW... not all Hawks fans are newbee bandwagon jumpers. Back in the day ( my day anyways) Hawks tickets were harder to get than Bears tickets. We've justr been down so long it drove a lot of fans away. But we do remember what good hockey looks like and it looks like its back. There has been a lot of youth hockey played here since the 60's so there a lot of adults who do understand the game. We don't all think we are a "dynasty" yet.

#22 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE (skacore @ December 30, 2008 - 02:01AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tootoo isf****** awesome... that sequence there brings more excitement than an entire Wings' game

He and Avery are the biggest disgraces to the NHL. There's a big difference between being an agitator and a cheap, cowardly prick.....Tootoo's the latter.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#23 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,912 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE (SeeinRed @ December 30, 2008 - 12:48AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only reason Tootoo doesn't get destroyed too often is because he just goes for the takedown when he realizes he's outmatched. He's been fed his lunch by the likes of Foote and Wisniewski, and Barch would have broken his face in half if he didn't let up when they fought.

And Wisniewski was at the "Tootoo disadvantage" in his fight, being swung at before Tootoo's gloves even hit the ice.

Jordin Tootoo is a chickens***. Toughest guy in the league my ass.

+1

QUOTE (NeverForgetMac25 @ December 30, 2008 - 07:05AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He and Avery are the biggest disgraces to the NHL. There's a big difference between being an agitator and a cheap, cowardly prick.....Tootoo's the latter.

Avery's a ****** and I think he's bad for the league, but the guy has 10 times the hockey skills of Tootoo.

Tootoo has never cracked 20 points and is a career -25. That's a lot of pucks in his net considering he's only on the ice 10 minutes a game.

#24 Chunkylover

Chunkylover

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:17 AM

QUOTE (NeverForgetMac25 @ December 30, 2008 - 10:05AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think there is a difference between Avery and Tootoo though, too. Avery saves his cheap shots for off the ice.

In this clip I don't really see anything wrong with Tootoo trying to hit someone and missing, and then actually hitting someone, and then not fighting someone. I mean, what wasn't cheap about Tucker aiming a cross-check at his face?

In this instance he's a fourth liner out against the opponent's fourth line. Aren't they supposed to hit each other? Isn't that good, old-time hockey?

You don't have to like the guy, but I don't think this clip epitomizes the dirty, cowardly play of Jordin Tootoo.

#25 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:19 AM

I've actually grown to like Tootoo. If he played here he would be a fan favorite in no time.

Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#26 Amberoonie

Amberoonie

FRANZENSTEIN

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:25 AM

I don't particularly like the guy but I would gladly add him to our 4th line over either Maltby or Kopecky without hesitation!

Nope. This is the wrong answer.

Nothing about him screams quality, classy hockey, which is what the Red Wings organization is all about. The only step-up this guy deserves is a medal for his ability to defy physics. Equal and opposite reaction? Not Tootoo. A love tap (let alone not touching him at all) tosses him to the ice like a thrown rag doll.

And he wont even step up and be accountable for his actions. Childish, weak and cowardly. The whole league could do without.

#27 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE (haroldsnepsts @ December 30, 2008 - 09:16AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
+1

Avery's a ****** and I think he's bad for the league, but the guy has 10 times the hockey skills of Tootoo.

Tootoo has never cracked 20 points and is a career -25. That's a lot of pucks in his net considering he's only on the ice 10 minutes a game.

No doubt, and I would never argue that. In fact, if you've noticed any of my posts in previous Avery threads I make mention that Avery would be a great player if he would shut his damn mouth. My comment was in regards to the disgraceful things he does off the ice, not on.....although the Brodeur incident last year was downright pathetic, but in a different way than Tootoo's cheapshots.

QUOTE (Chunkylover @ December 30, 2008 - 09:17AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think there is a difference between Avery and Tootoo though, too. Avery saves his cheap shots for off the ice.

In this clip I don't really see anything wrong with Tootoo trying to hit someone and missing, and then actually hitting someone, and then not fighting someone. I mean, what wasn't cheap about Tucker aiming a cross-check at his face?

In this instance he's a fourth liner out against the opponent's fourth line. Aren't they supposed to hit each other? Isn't that good, old-time hockey?

You don't have to like the guy, but I don't think this clip epitomizes the dirty, cowardly play of Jordin Tootoo.

This play doesn't show how dirty he is, but it shows how cowardly he is. He gets under people's skin (and bravo for that, Maltby used to be great at that) but time and time again he's resorted to dirty play. My comment was one in regards to his career, not this play alone.....otherwise I wouldn't have even made the statement.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#28 CrossoverThrash

CrossoverThrash

Mine alien force overpower you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:51 AM

i would not want Tootoo on this team and i will make a comparison to Pronger and Chelios, they are both guys Wings fans hate and used to hate, but in reality they are good players and Pronger is not as bad as everyone thinks, sure he has the stomping incident and a few elbows but he dosen't run around purposefully boarding, charging, and kneeing anything in sight and he actually has a ton of hockey skills unlike Tootoo. Regardless, Tootoo missed his check big time hahaahah.

#29 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:53 AM

When I saw "Tootoo does it again" I immediately assumed this was going to be a video of him sucker punching someone before I had even read the second half of the title wink.gif

#30 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:04 AM

The video also shows he did a skate-away from: #16, Darcy Tucker.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#31 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE (Barrie @ December 30, 2008 - 06:46AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tootoo reminds me of Claude Lemieux.

My thoughts exactly! #22 seems to be one of those numbers

#32 2probert4

2probert4

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (skacore @ December 30, 2008 - 02:05AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pound for pound, toughest guy in the league. If Tootoo fought every time he was challenged, he'd never touch the ice. My money's on #22 against anyone on the Colorado squad (Laperriere, Tucker, McLeod, McCormick).

Foofoo is good at picking his fights; he sure as hell won't start anything with someone that he thinks will kick his tail for him... He is one of the most overrated players in the NHL. Skating skills aren't very good, Puck handling is a joke, and with Nashville lack of depth on their roster, he sees 2nd line time every now and then. That annoying whistle sound when he hits the ice is piped in, along with the idiots in the stands that do it. Some idiot tried arguing with me that Tootoo beat up Jody Shelley, but after reading his fight log at Hockeyfights.com, they've never fought.

#33 CrossoverThrash

CrossoverThrash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (cusimano_brothers @ December 30, 2008 - 12:04PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The video also shows he did a skate-away from: #16, Darcy Tucker.

After a nice dive no-less

#34 hudson

hudson

Prospect

• 35 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:50 AM

#35 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (skacore @ December 30, 2008 - 03:05AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pound for pound, toughest guy in the league. If Tootoo fought every time he was challenged, he'd never touch the ice. My money's on #22 against anyone on the Colorado squad (Laperriere, Tucker, McLeod, McCormick).

This might be true as long as he continues his streak of dropping the gloves and throwing a punch before anyone else on the ice is even aware there's supposed to be a fight. Tootoo is nothing but a chickens*** little *****.

#36 CrossoverThrash

CrossoverThrash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE (hudson @ December 30, 2008 - 12:50PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Clowe did the same thing after getting jumped:

#37 ltgator333

ltgator333

Combustion on Contact

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (CrossoverThrash @ December 30, 2008 - 03:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Go become a predators fan then...

I second this motion..

Why in the Puck don't ppl see this guy for what he is? (an over-zealous @$$ clown)

I hate seeing players hurt, but one of these days somebody's gonna cash this guys check and it's not going to be pretty. I hope I'm watching.

EDIT

I agree with ppl's posts up there about him being a cheapshot artist, of course. And as for comparing him to Avery, who I have no love for either, at least Avery can play the game. Tootoo can't, and really I think he fires up the other team as much as he does anything.

Edited by ltgator333, 30 December 2008 - 12:10 PM.

- LT

#38 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (CrossoverThrash @ December 30, 2008 - 11:51AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i would not want Tootoo on this team and i will make a comparison to Pronger and Chelios, they are both guys Wings fans hate and used to hate, but in reality they are good players and Pronger is not as bad as everyone thinks, sure he has the stomping incident and a few elbows but he dosen't run around purposefully boarding, charging, and kneeing anything in sight and he actually has a ton of hockey skills unlike Tootoo. Regardless, Tootoo missed his check big time hahaahah.

I agree with all of your post except the bolded part. Pronger has been suspended 8 times in his 14 (15 including this year) years in the NHL. That doesn't happen if a guy isn't a cheapshot artist and/or a dirty player. The guy has a lot of talent but that doesn't change the fact that he is as bad as many here think and he has the suspensions to prove it.

Edited by Frozen-Man, 30 December 2008 - 12:09 PM.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#39 Moni

Moni

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE (Amberoonie @ December 30, 2008 - 10:25AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope. This is the wrong answer.

Nothing about him screams quality, classy hockey, which is what the Red Wings organization is all about.

But Probert getting caught crossing the bridge with drugs does?

#40 CrossoverThrash

CrossoverThrash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE (Frozen-Man @ December 30, 2008 - 01:07PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with all of your post except the bolded part. Pronger has been suspended 8 times in his 14 (15 including this year) years in the NHL. That doesn't happen if a guy isn't a cheapshot artist and/or a dirty player. The guy has a lot of talent but that doesn't change the fact that he is as bad as many here think and he has the suspensions to prove it.

never said he wasn't a cheapshot artist, but he is by far in a much higher class than Tootoo